OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2015, 00:46 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
haggisv wrote:
I finally had a chance to play with this blade, with rubbers Victas 401 2.0mm and Dtecs OX on BH.

It looped really well, loads of spin and plenty of speed. Away from the table you can feel some flex in the blade, giving it a kick of extra power.

For the pimples it felt stiff and hard for the short game, but very controlled and with good reversal. I love it for the shorty game, and even for pushing aggressive against backspin, only when chopping away from the table I had to get used to the harder feel compared to my balsa blade.

Is this with or without the glue sheet? Just curious about how the tension factors in here. (Don't worry, i'm not switching). But 2 months ago, i almost bought this exact setup.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2015, 08:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
This was with the new Dtecs which does not come with a glue sheet.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 12:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I've had a few more session with this blade, and although my thoughts on the pimples side haven't changed, I absolutely love it for the forehand (with the VS >401 2.0mm). Even when playing with plastic balls (DHS), I'm getting massive spin with this combination, and I can feel the extra little flex when you really go for your loops, giving it that extra power. Those that feel the blade does not have enough power much have different technique, because I get loads of speed with the blade/rubber combination.

I'm loving the forehand so much, I'm very tempted to use it for our upcoming season. :oops:

PostPosted: 03 May 2015, 18:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

For anyone that might be interested, I've posted my full review of the Koji Matsushita blade here

PostPosted: 04 May 2015, 16:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
haggisv wrote:
For anyone that might be interested, I've posted my full review of the Koji Matsushita blade here

Good one!
You should try it with DHS H3-50 (there are two versions, I use the harder one of them). A little more power and fantastic for counterloops! Especially with a seamless plastic ball. Just hit all that you can against a loop and you will nail it :)

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 07:13 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Nice review Alex, I agree on what you write, although some things might be a little overrated because your main point of comparison (I suppose) is the Re-impact balsa blade you've been playing with the latest months/years. This might distort some of your findings a little? If your main point of comparison was the JSH blade, your speed ratings would probably be different...

There are some details that might not be accurate:

- size of the blade: both my VKMs were 156 X 165, or even slightly wider: 156.5 x 165, but definitely not 155...

- "the handle isn't too big": agree for what concerns the 'thickness', but I have the impression the width of the handle is larger than usual.

- Victas koji matsushita Offensive is defintely not "similar" (but faster) version of VKM. It is a completely different blade, different size, shape, different handle, different material, different speed, etc... Here's my review on the VKMO: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24997

It's a pleasure to read that the blade works so fine for you!

haggisv wrote:

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 08:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thank you Pipsy :up:

Yes fair comments.... the comparisons are only as good as my memories of former blades, and the Smart is certainly freshest in my mind.

The blade size that I quoted came from specs from Victas, I did not measure my blade. It's not uncommon for blades to be out by a mm or so anyway, especially when they're 'hand-made'.

Yes fair point about the Offensive and Defensive versions. Since I did not test these, I'll change those comments as to not give a false impressions.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 07:55 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
can some1 compare VKM to Donic Defplay Senso in terms of speed, flex and softness?
i'm thinking to swtich my defplay (to slow with plastic balls)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 09:46 
Super User

garbol wrote:
can some1 compare VKM to Donic Defplay Senso in terms of speed, flex and softness?
i'm thinking to swtich my defplay (to slow with plastic balls)

We wrote many lines comparing theese 2 blades.
I'll ty to sum what came out, if make mistakes someone will correct me ;)
1) Defplay is flexier than VKM and vibrates much more
2) Defplay is hard, VKM is quite soft
3) Speed: this is a problem :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Someone says DP and VKM are very similar in this regard, but since DP is very flex it has a catapult effect that makes it significantly faster, expecially when you hit with power and flex the blade, whereas it is maybe even slower on light shots.
Other people consider DP slower than VKM

I'll explain what i think: the fact is that VKM's weight varies between 82 and even 92-94 grams sometimes. I think the lighter version is flexier, vibrates a little more and it's slower; the heavier is stiffer, less vibration and faster.
I personally have 2 VKM, 82 and 86 grams, and personally felt what i just said: 82 is slower and flexier, 86 is a little faster and stiffer (more solid feeling). Soon i'm going to sell the 82 grams and i'm going to buy a 90 grams (the seller had 4, all between 88-92 grams).

So in the end i came to the conclusion that maybe both thoughts about VKM vs DP speed are right: the ones with lighter versions of VKM say it's slower, the ones with the heavier ones say it's faster.
By the way, to me DP (i have 2 of them) felt faster than even 86g VKM on powerfull shot, because flex somehow really kicks the ball, whereas VKM feels deadier... but as i said, many would not agree :lol:
P.S: maybe they also match differently with soft/hard rubbers, and of course it can also be a matter of tecnique

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 15:16 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence II
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 2.2
BH: TSP Curl P1r 0.5mm
so if speed is similar, maybe better is to go with VKM offensive
can u sum it up it too?:>

maybe it will be easier if i better describe my needs
if deplay is more or less like this:
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/doni ... senso.html
speed 5.5 with some flex and medium soft
and
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butt ... -hyuk.html
speed 6.9 + stiff and medium hard

i'm looking for blade with
speed around 6.5-7.0 with medium flex and medium soft
is VKM or VKMO good? or maybe u can suggest other blade?

i read all abt VKM and VKMO and found this:
bogeyhunter wrote:
VKM, DEF-7 OFF-3 Solid defend
Defplay, DEF-5 OFF-5 Well balance
VKMO, DEF-3 OFF-7 Fun to play!!

so i guess i will stick with defplay (and to speed up my fh try faster rubber than T05 max, maybe Evolution MX-P)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 20:37 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
garbol wrote:
i read all abt VKM and VKMO and found this:
bogeyhunter wrote:
VKM, DEF-7 OFF-3 Solid defend
Defplay, DEF-5 OFF-5 Well balance
VKMO, DEF-3 OFF-7 Fun to play!!

so i guess i will stick with defplay (and to speed up my fh try faster rubber than T05 max, maybe Evolution MX-P)

I am trying Deflplay with T05 2.1 instead of Rakza 7 max that I played last season. For me T05 is quite promising as it doesn't slip with the new ball. Spin is great and speed is reasonable.

Lot of players seem to have moved from Defplay to VKM or to Joo. I haven't tried VKM and I am not so sure how well Joo plays with ox pips. Defplay with DG has been clearly the best BH combination, so I am afraid that other blades will be worse for the BH.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 22:30 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive is clearly faster than both Defplay and VKM. It feels pretty hard & stiff. Butterfly JSH is another option if you want to move away from Defplay & VKM. You'll experience less control with those blades if you're chopping with OX-pips. Here's more about VKMO: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24997

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 06:12 
Super User

I have Victa Koji Matsushita ago 1 week and I want good the next week. My game is modern defensive.

I will try the follow setup:
- Tenergy 05 2,1mm
- TSP Curl P1r 1.mm

The forehand of this blade is a bit slow for me, what do you think about to varnish with a bit layer on the forehand side?

Now I play with
Bty Defense Pro + T05 1,9 + Curl P1r 0,5

I want suggestions!!!!

regards!

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 01:34 

How does it come that this blade has got great reviews from a lot of people and now a few months later a considerable amount switched to a different blade (not just in this forum)?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 02:58 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
People who write reviews tend to be the same people who enjoy trying new equipment? ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next