OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 10:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2023, 08:07 

Blade: Joola Chen Weixing
FH: Yinhe Big Dipper
BH: DHS Cloud&Fog III
looking for the perfect blade to pair with boosted Hurricane 3 Neo and dawei 388d-1 ox.
agressive playing style with pushes,chopblock, placement, and loops. Killer short game to set up loops
high level player, looking for this to be my permanent setup and improve with it
Please suggest me blades below and why they would fit me. Interested in all your ideas, offensive, combi, well or lesser known brands. Thank you very much in advance.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2023, 11:33 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
What do you use now. How long have you used it along with H3 Neo and D1? What’s your rating (USATT rating or equivalent)?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2023, 12:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think a modern defender blade would likely be best. From your signature it looks like you're using Joola Chen Weixing blade, which would be a very good choice. There's always a compromise between having enough control with the OX LP on one side, and having enough attacking power for the inverted side.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2023, 13:53 

rokphish2 wrote:
What do you use now. How long have you used it along with H3 Neo and D1? What’s your rating (USATT rating or equivalent)?

the joola chen weixing. It's the only blade I used ever since i started playing again(6 months). I'm not familiar with the usatt ranking system but in my country's amateur tournament system I'm in the top ~25% of players.
haggisv wrote:
I think a modern defender blade would likely be best. From your signature it looks like you're using Joola Chen Weixing blade, which would be a very good choice. There's always a compromise between having enough control with the OX LP on one side, and having enough attacking power for the inverted side.

The blade fits me well, but I'd like to experiment with something faster. A real looping machine that would still be suitable for ox. Does the matador texa carbon work well with H3N?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2023, 16:59 

I read that h3n pairs well with flexy blades, whereas ox pairs well with stiff blades. What if i get a flexy off blade and varnish the backhand side with many coats? Would that work and to what extent? How many layers would it take?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2023, 01:41 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

norbysweg wrote:
I read that h3n pairs well with flexy blades, whereas ox pairs well with stiff blades. What if i get a flexy off blade and varnish the backhand side with many coats? Would that work and to what extent? How many layers would it take?

Could work but to consider, you'd mostly be hardening the blade surface and only marginally changing the stiffness, if at all. I think for a decent effect, you could try 2 or 3 layers at first, then step up to 5 or more for greater effect.

Another option may be to try and find your rubber with a sub-1mm sponge, the effect of a 0.5 sponge is not that big, and it should maintain some good qualities of OX.

The recommendation to use stiff blades for OX LP mostly comes from how OX LP are a bit more predictable on a atiffer blade, a stiffer blade helps the pips bend a bit easier and also adds power when playing away from the table. But I think it is perfectly fine to use OX on a more flexible blade, it all boils down to how familiar you are with the combo, after all the best OX LP player in the US Jian Li uses OX LP on a Matsushita Pro to my knowledge.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2023, 13:41 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

I’ve played with Matador, but not with Matador Carbon. I’ve played with Hurricane 3 for over ten years with various blades though, all wood to various composite blades. From def to off+. Soft to hard, flexible to stiff. It all works. Just different feeling mostly. The difference in other attributes could be dealt with adjustment from the angles of the strokes and/or power. Whether to proceed with the adjustment (stick with the blade/rubber) or then move on to another one is another question. But Hurricane 3 works on all the blades I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a lot. It’s slow and tacky. So need more muscle/physical fitness to use on slower blades.

For combination use with one side pips out, we need to decide which side we favor more. The pips or the inverted. The choice of blade rests on this. Because it’s hard to find a blade that satisfies both at the same proportion.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2023, 00:07 
Super User

a Donic Persson Power Carbon Senso V1 may solve that H3 and OX lp problem. It can be so much faster than all of the Matadors.. :rock:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2023, 07:40 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
my view - a thick balsa, like Dr Neubauer High Technology Plus. I use it with double inverted (with H3 Neo on the forehand). Plenty of power on the forehand, and lots of variability on the backhand.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2023, 11:29 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

I'd say get Clipper CR, Force Pro Black Edition, and the likes. It's an upgrade in speed from CWX, while the feeling is still quite familiar.