OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 21:37 
Super User

Blade: DHS 08X
FH: Jupiter 3
BH: TSP Spectol
Pipsy wrote:
Victas Koji Matsushita

Expensive blade... about $140

this blade cost $82 in store

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 10:11 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
That is if you buy it online from Japanese shops. If you buy it in Australia or Europe (or US?), it costs about 140$. I got mine by trading it for a Donic Cayman that I paid 40$ for, so that was a good deal too :P

Piligrim, what are your experiences with the Victas blade so far? I have tried a lot of defensive blades lately and I prefer the Victas above all the others. By far. Speed, flex, hardness: all perfectly balanced for my kind of game... And it has a great handle and a quality finishing.

piligrim wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
Victas Koji Matsushita

Expensive blade... about $140

this blade cost $82 in store

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2012, 11:16 
Super User

Blade: DHS 08X
FH: Jupiter 3
BH: TSP Spectol
Pipsy wrote:
Piligrim, what are your experiences with the Victas blade so far? I have tried a lot of defensive blades lately and I prefer the Victas above all the others. By far. Speed, flex, hardness: all perfectly balanced for my kind of game... And it has a great handle and a quality finishing.

I am playing with it only 1 week. I need more time to check it out. But I can say already it better than other defensive blades I tried.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 15:22 
Super User

Pipsy wrote:
That is if you buy it online from Japanese shops. If you buy it in Australia or Europe (or US?), it costs about 140$. I got mine by trading it for a Donic Cayman that I paid 40$ for, so that was a good deal too :P

Which online Japanese shop is that??? :P

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 17:42 

Though there are problems getting the hands on the VKM, a german shop sells it for 54€:

http://www.tt-eshop.de/tt_eShop/tischte ... el924.html

If you have the patience to wait for it, you will get it pretty cheap :)

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 20:33 
Super User

Coxeroni wrote:
Though there are problems getting the hands on the VKM, a german shop sells it for 54€:

Thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 21:25 

poor_knight wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:

Thanks!

I heard flared handles are still in stock, blades with straight handle will arrive sometime mid july or so.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2013, 21:30 
The King

Coxeroni wrote:
poor_knight wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:

Thanks!

I heard flared handles are still in stock, blades with straight handle will arrive sometime mid july or so.

I heard something similar, but as I understood most European shops should get a new batch of blades end of June/early July.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2013, 22:46 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

poor_knight wrote:
Pipsy wrote:

Which online Japanese shop is that??? :P

At TT-Japan (http://tt-japan.net) it was sold for 70 US$ (about 53 euros) but since yesterday, they are sold out. Probably because those German shops buy them in large stocks :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2013, 18:31 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Hey guys my Koji blade arrived finally today. Its 93 grams and ST handle, the plies are very very good although the handle is no where near symmetric, more like you would expect on a $10 Chinese blade and the lens's are not flush. Overall I would say whoever put the plies together was good but the rest of the finish isnt up to Japanese blade making standards. In any case it wont effect its play but its not built as well as it should be for a blade anywhere near this price range. You won't ever see a non symmetric handle on a Stiga blade let alone a Butterfly one.

Apart from that the bounce speed is somewhere between all and all+, very similar in speed to the defplay which I'll be comparing it too, I can't determine which is faster or slower, very very similar, both blades are soft, very similar there too. The defplays major problem is its head heaviness if you are not using ox on one side. There will be no such problem with the Koji but even with the typical not perfect Swedish finish on the defplay it still better than the Koji.

Ive got a feeling the Koji will be slower once I use it for real and dig into the second plies but right now as a bare blade it seems a very similar speed, feel and flex as the defplay. The defplay loops better than any other blade I've tried, its an insanely good loopers blade. I hope the Koji will loop similar but chop better, let's see. I'll continue this once ive used it for a few hours :).

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 23:43 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

What exactly do you mean with this asymmetric handle? I didn't notice it, for me the handle is much more comfortable then Defplay's handle, because Defplay's (straight) handle is too thin for me. Together with the head heaviness, this is the main reason I don't like Defplay so much.

To me, VKM definitely felt faster than Defplay and VKM has less vibrations. With OX pips the Anigre outer plies (Defplay) feel harder than the Limba outer plies (Victas). Anigre's Janka hardness is bigger than Limba's hardness. Despite the harder outer plies, to me, the combination of plies still gives the Defplay a more hollow feel than VKM. Defplay's flex makes looping a dream, but looping is also very good with VKM.

foam wrote:
Hey guys my Koji blade arrived finally today. Its 93 grams and ST handle, the plies are very very good although the handle is no where near symmetric, more like you would expect on a $10 Chinese blade and the lens's are not flush. Overall I would say whoever put the plies together was good but the rest of the finish isnt up to Japanese blade making standards. In any case it wont effect its play but its not built as well as it should be for a blade anywhere near this price range. You won't ever see a non symmetric handle on a Stiga blade let alone a Butterfly one.

Apart from that the bounce speed is somewhere between all and all+, very similar in speed to the defplay which I'll be comparing it too, I can't determine which is faster or slower, very very similar, both blades are soft, very similar there too. The defplays major problem is its head heaviness if you are not using ox on one side. There will be no such problem with the Koji but even with the typical not perfect Swedish finish on the defplay it still better than the Koji.

Ive got a feeling the Koji will be slower once I use it for real and dig into the second plies but right now as a bare blade it seems a very similar speed, feel and flex as the defplay. The defplay loops better than any other blade I've tried, its an insanely good loopers blade. I hope the Koji will loop similar but chop better, let's see. I'll continue this once ive used it for a few hours :).

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 03:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
The basswood in the centre of the defplay is very loose wood fibres hence the hollow feel and I suspect the flex as well,I noticed this when peeling off a rubber and the top plies came away near a ding,managed to salvage it with wood filler :whew:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 11:26 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Hey guys if you imagine the handle as four separate curves no four are the same. Its just not something you see on any blade above premade price. Anyway I k new there are quality problems with this blade lately and the plies are very good so it could have been worse. Angre is slower than limba for sure, maybe its harder. I don't see any basswood in my defplays both look like normal ayous in the core. The clsssic defplay has balsa or something soft in the core are you sure you have the senso? and not the classic?.

Also I have both St and fl defplays and the FL handle is the one most pros seem to use. It more conic than normal flared, its wide and flat. I prefer a square straight handle over flared these days so I changed my FL defplay. Mines also got about 5 grams of lead in the base of the core so in total with the handle its nearly 100 grams. Nothing head heavy about that one anymore. But yes to have very nice balance the defplay likes and ox rubber on one side, I think its not such a bad idea making them head heavy and light because then if you want to use short pips or inverted on them you can add weight like a lot if people seem to do on the defplay.

I think the koji will be a great blade to play but I can't really see it being huge amounts better than the defplay yet, only because the defplay is so good at looping, I think its going to depend on how good the koji loops and which side is more important to each person. For me the backhand will only ever be to setup fh loop. But we will see next weekend :).

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 12:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
These blades are hand-made.... that might be the difference. This could explain that is does not have a machine finish like mass produces blade, but you would expect more care is taken in putting them together.

Looking at a few of them in OOAK shop, I can't really see any quality issues though... the finish quality looks very high.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 12:27 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

That's great yours are well finished. Mines probably the best blade I've ever seen in the plys, its so symetrical there that its hard to focus your eyes on without getting weird effects. Its just that maybe I worked too long in a machine shop filing things perfect to appreciate the guy on the koji finishing line with the crooked eyes. Maybe the apprentice did it :).

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!