OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 18:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

achim wrote:
Hallo Kees... es ist dir doch sicherlich aufgefallen, das ich Dich nach Deinem Körpergewicht gefragt habe; jetzt weißt Du, warum! Wenn jemand schmal und schmächtig ist, dann benötigt der auch eher den Katapult eines Holzes und den sehr präzise wirkenden Ballanschlag, der nur am Tisch vergrößert wirkt. Will man sowas auch noch aus der Halbdistanz sicher und spinlos spielen, benötigt man beidseitig relativ harte Schwämme, die den Katapult Des Holzes ausbremsen können. Meistens sind solche Spieler eher Tisch-, also selten Halbdistanzspieler. Also benötigen die Spieler Hölzer, die nach der modernen TTL spielen; also wo man mit extrem kurzen Spielbewegungen richtig Dampf machen kann, was wiederum mit einem konventionell ausgelegten Schläger gar nicht möglich wäre.
Hello Kees... you will certainly have noticed that I have asked you for your body-weight [when collecting info for building a customized blade; K]; now you know why! When a person is slender and delicately build, he needs the catapult of a blade more and also the way it is working so very precisely when contacting the ball, which will be only enhanced when you play close to the table. If one would want to use a similar blade also for driving from mid-distance, precisely and without spin, one would need a relatively hard sponge on both sides to curtail the catapult. But such players keep generally close to the table instead and seldom play at mid-distance. So they need blades that enable them to play according to modern guidelines for table tennis [i.e. contacting the ball when it is ascending, therefore close to the table; K.], that is, where they can make really good speed using compact strokes, which would be completely impossible when using a conventional blade.
Die schnelle Ballannahme braucht eine präzisere Spielführung als die lange Ballannahme und mit KN bemerkt man das natürlich viel schneller als mit normalen Spielbelägen, weil die wesentlich direkter spielen und auch direkter gespielt werden müssen. Wir haben es also mit wesentlich mehr Spielauswirkungen zu tun, die wieder immer individuell angepasst gesehen werden müssen. Das, was deine beiden Söhne ausgetestet haben, ist als äußerst wichtig anzusehen; "zeigt es doch einen ganz wichtigen Unterschied zwischen Aktiv- und konventionell ausgerichteten Hölzern an!"
Contacting the ball quickly one needs more precise gestures than when one is taking more time for it, and using SP one will notice this much more early and clearly than with inverted rubbers, because SP rubbers essentially work more directly and therefore have to be used more directly in play. There are, essentially, several different ways in which blades work out for play and they have always to be considered as related to the individual players. The test result by your sons is very important, as “it demonstrates a fundamental difference between blades built to be either active or conventional!”
Es ist daher auch logisch, das ein konventioneller Spieler meist ein langsameres Schlägerholz wählt, wenn dieser normal spielt und eher ein schnelleres unter den konventionell ausgelegten Hölzern wählt, wenn dieser mit KN spielt.
It is, therefore, also logical for a conventional player to choose a slower blade when he is playing with inverted, and a faster blade when he is playing with SP.
Deswegen ist es auch genauso logisch, das ein schmächtiger Spieler eher das katapultreiche Tischholz wählt und ein gewichtiger Tischspieler meistens mit Material am Tisch spielt, um das Aktivholz beherrschen zu können.
It is as logical for a delicate player to choose a blade for close to the table play having high catapult, and for a more robust player who wants to play close to the table to use LP or Anti to be able to control the active blade.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 07:49 
Super User

Follwed the link and read in detail the various options and decided from the list of models that i would go for the 'intro' but cannot find this model anywhere and it isnt listed on the re impact german site. Can anyone help

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2014, 09:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
You can find details on OOAK Shop here:
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php ... ts_id=1022

On the Re-Impact site, it's under 'standard' models... can't post a direct link since all pages have the same URL. :oops:

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2014, 07:49 
Super User

I really do need some help. Ive decided to invest in a re impact blade but am a confused as to which one would suit my type of play and rubbers. I play close to the table block push and counter hit on my forehand but like pace coming onto me as i find it difficult to initiate speed. I play long pimples stranger attack .9mm but am thinking of grass dtechs in ox. My backhand is very good using tenergy 25 in 1.9mm and can block and flat hit very well.
Ive been told that to counter hit or flat hit with long pimples particularly dtechs that i need a hard fast blade. Which re impact blade would suit my style and rubbers?
The blades are not cheap so i cant afford to get it wrong!!!

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014, 03:32 
Super User

Any suggestions please

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014, 09:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
So you're planning to sue LPs on forehand, and T25 on BH?

Many (most) of the Re-Impact blades will be quite suitable for this style. I would put the LPs on the slower side of the blade. I would also drop the T25 thickness to 1.7mm.
I think the Smart (that I use) suits this style very well too. What speed blades are you used to? With most balsa blades you won't have any trouble generating pace.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 04:57 
Super User

I used the Dr N Bulldozer for a while but for the last 6 months ive used the giant dragon Kriss combination blade. But ive been using stranger attack on the forehand but changing to the dtechs ox following all the reviews on here.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2014, 14:27 

I have Re-impact Tachi Plus,Re-Impact Dr Barath and Stiga Rosewood XO
Can you recommend blade for beast anti rubber ?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2017, 17:32 

Blade: Sauer&Troger Unicorn
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1 Turbo
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS
Guys, thanks a lot for such a comprehensive guide! It helped me to choose a Re-Impact blade that suits my play style
I even think of translating it into Russian (keeping all the copyrights, of course) for those my compatriots who cannot read English but want to go for a Re-Impact blade as well

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2017, 19:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Rockstazy wrote:
Guys, thanks a lot for such a comprehensive guide! It helped me to choose a Re-Impact blade that suits my play style
I even think of translating it into Russian (keeping all the copyrights, of course) for those my compatriots who cannot read English but want to go for a Re-Impact blade as well

Nice idea! Good luck!

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2018, 14:53 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hello Guys,

Is there still players who is using these re-impact blades? Any opinnions about those blades? What setups do you have?
I have KKS5 blade and im still trying to find the best pimple rubber for BH. I have tried Keiler but its too bouncy. I had ox dawei 388d1 that was impossible to play. Now I have 0,8 Saviga V in BH and Rakza 7 2,0 fH. Lets see how it goes.
I have problem when I hit harder with my blade balls flyes so hard over the table. It doesnt feel linear?

Any ideas?

Regards

Soba

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2018, 22:08 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7mm
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Soba wrote:
Hello Guys,

Is there still players who is using these re-impact blades? Any opinnions about those blades? What setups do you have?
I have KKS5 blade and im still trying to find the best pimple rubber for BH. I have tried Keiler but its too bouncy. I had ox dawei 388d1 that was impossible to play. Now I have 0,8 Saviga V in BH and Rakza 7 2,0 fH. Lets see how it goes.
I have problem when I hit harder with my blade balls flyes so hard over the table. It doesnt feel linear?

Any ideas?

Regards

Soba

Balsa isn't linear. Some people really like balsa and some don't for this very reason. I am not personally a big fan of balsa blades.
But having said that Re-impact is top quality blades and workmanship. Rendler really knows how to make a table tennis blade.

Here is a link from an OOAK review page discussing some of the balsa playing characteristics
http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/balsa_t ... blades.htm

Im not sure what pips to recommend for you but a friend plays with a Re-Impact Smart blade using Dr N Viper OX to good effect.

Good luck.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2018, 22:27 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Keiler 1.5mm and 1.8mm on balsa can be quite hard to handle as both blade and rubber have a catapult effect.

For Pips on the KKS5 perhaps try a type with classic non tensor sponge e.g. 802, 802-40 or TSP spectol

Another option as you like Keiler is to try 1.2mm which I have found has a lot less catapult for some reason than 1.5mm

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2018, 03:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Soba wrote:
I have problem when I hit harder with my blade balls flyes so hard over the table

With fast Re-Impact balsa blades, you should only hit with power when the ball goes straight onto the opponent's half of the table. Due to the balsa's catapult, you can't ever get enough of a curve in the ball's trajectory when you use a lot of power, so the ball won't drop and hence will fly long. The technique to be used with these blades is to loop with moderate forward speed; this way, you'll allow the blade to grip the ball, which will allow you (if you are using inverted) to put so much topspin on it that almost any opponent will return it too high. A high ball should be killed and you can smash it with power, since now you do not need a curve to land the ball; even so, make sure you contact the ball early, when it is still on the rise and not yet too high, or you won't make perfect contact with it. Alternating "soft" looping with hard hitting this way is extremely effective.

Using LP's on these blades is tricky and an art that takes time and patience to be mastered. The best LP's to use are the ones that have hard but rather inert pips and no elasticity in their sheets, like Yasaka Phantom 0012. OX is preferred by most players. If your blade has a slow backhand side, you can soft-block incoming topspin balls to put them just behind the net, which is awkward for the opponent. If it is rather fast, you had better close the blade a bit and block actively, aiming deep; these balls will skid and be awkward to deal with as well. Backspin balls are best returned with a side-swipe.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2018, 18:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Kees wrote:
Using LP's on these blades is tricky and an art that takes time and patience to be mastered. The best LP's to use are the ones that have hard but rather inert pips and no elasticity in their sheets, like Yasaka Phantom 0012. OX is preferred by most players. If your blade has a slow backhand side, you can soft-block incoming topspin balls to put them just behind the net, which is awkward for the opponent. If it is rather fast, you had better close the blade a bit and block actively, aiming deep; these balls will skid and be awkward to deal with as well. Backspin balls are best returned with a side-swipe.

Maybe it's because the blade acts like sponge, so OX long pips behaves like it's got some sponge behind it? Maybe different impact speeds will behave as though they had different thicknesses of sponge? If you use sponge, it'll behave like even thicker sponge? Remember that they suggest using thinner sponge when using inverted for this reason.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next