OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 08:27 

Yes, Dragons are harder.
I do not own a Silver Dragon but I think that`s even harder than the Gold. Reb`s Silver was harder if I remember correctly, and the product descriptions suggest that also.

Regular XT/XP some 33-35 deg
Gold ? 42-43
Silver ???

I just wrote I would like them to be softer while I would like the regulars to be firmer a bit.

I like the glued XT, too on the BH side on the W6
Playing at a club only, not participating in sanctioned championships, my trusty glue will help at least 1-2 more years :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 13:43 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Gab wrote:
I just wrote I would like them to be softer while I would like the regulars to be firmer a bit.

Yeah, I missed that "Would" part... My english is getting worse... :oops:

Will try the Dragon tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 04:30 

So i've used my w6 now for a couple weeks, including league play, a friendly tournament, and with the robot. So far so good, it seems to fit my looping style well and I like the feel overall better than my other two blades. My only complaint is the handle, I've been spoiled by the wonderful Dawei handles (thicker) and this one has taken some getting used to.

As for rubbers I've paired with the W6, I think I've found a combo I'll stick with for a while: Venus 2.0 on FH and Inspirit Quattro UL 1.8 on BH. I started with commercial H3 on FH but even after tuning it for me it was a bit too hard. I found I was looping best with the Venus that was on my Dawei GTS blade, so I switched it over and WOW it feels great on the W6. I have yet to take that combo to the league, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up there.

I'm sold on the IQ UL on the BH....at least for me, it's perfect. Non-tacky, quite fast, but pretty good control in the 1.8 sponge. I can loop underspin fairly well with it, though admitedly that is a skill I'm far from consistent with at this point. For blocking and countering it is great with the W6, as well as for loop-driving against incoming topspin.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the W6. High quality, good feel, man Galaxy makes some good stuff. Between Dawei and Galaxy blades I don't think I'll ever spend money for any more expensive Euro/Japanese brands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 04:38 

Quick update on the above post after more time with the W6 Venus/IQ UL combo:

i've now played several matches with it at home and at the league. For my game, the switch on FH from commercial H3 (tuned) to Venus 2.0 38 sponge was very good. And I'm still quite pleased with the Inspirit Quattro ultralight on the backhand, it is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for paired with the W6 blade.

In short, I'm very much enjoying my W6 experience thus far and foresee sticking with this blade and combo for a long time. I'm very impressed with Galaxy/Yin-he products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 10:06 

The only planned test rubber I have not tried yet is the 729-40S which did not arrive, and according to the Chinese seller, may arrive only after the olympics.

After testing several rubbers, I will settle with:

glued 2.2mm Palio GP3 sponge + red Palio CJC top on the FH
glued LKT XT black 2.2 mm on the BH

Mambo was very good but I was missing some spin on the serves. Flicks are effortless with the XT, serves are good, too, so I keep thet on the BH

The soft GP3 sponge gives me good consistency on the FH. Slower than Mambo but I am OK with the glued speed.

Gold Dragon was playable but too hard for me, and less spin.

Today`s training was good, I could not blame my equipment at all

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 13:39 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Gab wrote:
The only planned test rubber I have not tried yet is the 729-40S which did not arrive, and according to the Chinese seller, may arrive only after the olympics.

Are you referring to the old one or the new one with adhesive already on the sponge? If the new one, I would like to hear more about it when you have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 22:49 

rokphish2 wrote:
Gab wrote:

Are you referring to the old one or the new one with adhesive already on the sponge? If the new one, I would like to hear more about it when you have it.

No, its not the self-adhesive version I ordered.

I prefer to test/use speed glue on my rubbers so removing that `stock`layer would be a problem.

BTW by the sellers mistake I got the 40H Jap first instead of the 40S Jap.
One good sign was that the sponge/top were not cut at the same time (some minor size difference), suggesting it is indeed an import Jap sponge. It would just be too hard for me (the 40H delivered by mistake), roughly the same hardness as the Gold Dragon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2008, 23:25 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Gab are you getting the red or black 40S? I had red 40S and really liked it. Didn't have it on the W6, had it on the HK. But it was a great rubber for smashing with and not bad for looping. I think the black probably would be better. The Tango I have now though eats the 40S up on all counts. :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 06:37 

It`s the red 40S. I was having more or less trouble with all tested red sheets, so ordered red only. I bought it on your recommendation, it`d better perform well LOL

GP3+CJC solved the problem for now, really nice on the W6, defense and spinny offense as well, softness just as the the doctor ordered.

Anyone wants my 40H btw? Uncut, in package.

Off topic>
Played with BTY Kreanga Powerspin 7ply wooden blade. Speed/feel ratio was quite impressive, fast OFF blade, very steady. The owner praised my W6 in turn :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 09:25 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 40S Gab, but I think Haggisv did say there was quite a variation between batches of it. So I hope you get a good one :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2008, 23:22 

how is W1. i like to loop, mid table rallies and fats offensive game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008, 02:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Haven't used W1, but Hookshot, a very experienced modified seemiller player here on the forum has two, and he swears by them. Do a search on W1 and I'm sure you will read plenty about it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008, 02:41 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Gab wrote:
No, its not the self-adhesive version I ordered.

I prefer to test/use speed glue on my rubbers so removing that `stock`layer would be a problem.

BTW by the sellers mistake I got the 40H Jap first instead of the 40S Jap.
One good sign was that the sponge/top were not cut at the same time (some minor size difference), suggesting it is indeed an import Jap sponge. It would just be too hard for me (the 40H delivered by mistake), roughly the same hardness as the Gold Dragon.

I got me one 40H and one 40S before, the new with adhesives... But then after a couple of days I changed my mind and exchanged them for something else. They both felt pretty hard, even the 40S... And I wasn't too sure about the whole adhesive thing... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008, 02:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hey Rok thats EJ cheating, buying the rubbers to see how the feel without removing the plastic and then taking them back. A true EJ would have kept them, cut them, tried them, then dumped them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2008, 12:59 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Hey Rok thats EJ cheating, buying the rubbers to see how the feel without removing the plastic and then taking them back. A true EJ would have kept them, cut them, tried them, then dumped them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not exactly.... At the time of buying, I already seen the stuff out of the package. I just changed my mind. Big part of it because I'm not too sure about the adhesive thing. The seller also not too sure about using it. They said if I want to remove and fix on other blade or just peel and then re-fix I just need to reheat the sponge with hair drier or something to soften the adhesive and it would be sticky again.

Because I've never exchange/return anything before, they let me exchange them for something else...

:P :P :P

besides... no rules for EJ cheating anyway... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next