OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2014, 20:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Attachment:
dr-neubauer-matador-blade.jpg
dr-neubauer-matador-blade.jpg [ 542.71 KiB | Viewed 7992 times ]

Dr.Neubauer MATADOR – The new offensive blade for use with pimple-out/Anti-Spin
OFF- blade

This new development has been conceived for players using pimple-out or Anti-Spin rubbers that have a preference for fast blades, yet require a high level of control and disruptive effect.

The special plywood composition of MATADOR provides astounding power for a modern attacking game. Fast topspin shots as well as looping with a lot of rotation are both very easy to perform.

It is one of the very few OFF blades on the market that also produce a distinctive disruptive effect when used with pimple-out or Anti-Spin rubbers.
Most importantly this blade produces the low bounce that all pimple-out or Anti-Spin players are traditionally looking for. This holds true while blocking passively with long pimples as well as for chop-blocking close to the table.
When used with offensive pips-out rubbers this blade provides all you need for a powerful and highly effective attacking game.

MATADOR is relatively rigid yet still provides a remarkable “touch” for the ball, offering a surprisingly good control for all playing strokes.

MATADOR – A “must have” for aggressive pimple-out/Anti-Spin players!

MATADOR
Price EURO 49.00
Category OFF-
Weight appr. 88 g
Plies 7
Handle straight-flared-anatomic
Speed 93
Control 90
Rigidity 88
Total thickness 6mm
Size of blade 15.3 x 15.3

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2014, 11:23 
Hard Justice

haggisv wrote:
It is one of the very few OFF blades on the market that also produce a distinctive disruptive effect when used with pimple-out or Anti-Spin rubbers.
Most importantly this blade produces the low bounce that all pimple-out or Anti-Spin players are traditionally looking for.

Maybe I'm not understanding the marketing correctly, but isn't this a contradiction? How can it be low bounce for defense and also OFF- for an attacking game?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2014, 15:58 
The Unprogrammable Player

First thing that comes to mind: VKMO clone :D

3) Ross Leidy "White Shadow" / P1R (1,3) / Hexer PS (1,7)

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2014, 00:53 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
The marketing is similar, but I can see some big differences between VKMO and Matador:

- I suppose outer wood plies are different, although it is also dark-coloured
- blade size of Matador is smaller (153 x 153)
- 7 plies instead of 5 plies

Justas wrote:
First thing that comes to mind: VKMO clone :D

There are several other defensive blades with All+ or Offensive speed. For blades, the word "defensive" is not necessarilly connected with being slow. Look at BTY JSH and Defence II, f.e. Those blades are thin, have a larger size and a 5-ply control oriented wood composition. But both have an All+ to Off- "speed".

abdulmuhsee wrote:

Maybe I'm not understanding the marketing correctly, but isn't this a contradiction? How can it be low bounce for defense and also OFF- for an attacking game?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014, 09:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wow, these blades are heavily varnished with a gloss finish!

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2014, 00:33 

haggisv wrote:

Like the Stiga blades?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 05:33 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Has anybody tested it yet?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 07:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Wheelie wrote:
haggisv wrote:

Like the Stiga blades?

No, much more.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2015, 15:57 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
Matt Pimple wrote:
Has anybody tested it yet?

Yes I have tried this Dr Neubauer Matador blade.
I have used many different blades from Butterfly, Nittaku, Yasaka, Stiga, Donic, Andro, DHS, Xiom, TSP (I have 32 blades :-)) but I end up loving this Matador.
This blade has excellent control and ball feeling and also quite fast even though it's not a carbon blade, it's only a 7 plies wood blade.
I love this blade flared handle since it's easy for me to twiddle and nice feeling to hold it in my hand :-)
This Matador is not only excellent for pimple rubber but also for inverted rubber.
I have bought 3 Matador blades and I put different rubber on each to try out.
I have one with inverted rubber on both sides and one with long pips 0.6mm on backhand and one with long pips ox on backhand.
I love to play with all 3 :-)

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2016, 07:48 
Super User

Digging up this older thread...is anybody here still playing with the Matador blade? I would love to hear more about it. Has anybody tried it with Dr. N antis and how does it do looping with inverted on fh? Thanks!

PostPosted: 27 May 2016, 02:18 
Super User

I actually got a Matador now (83g, ST) and I have tested it in 2 sessions with my coach but only in fh drills paired with Nittaku DHS H3N. I actually really like it for looping as it is very consistent, with very good feel and control (better than my current carbon blade) and the spin is really nice. It gets a very nice "kick" in counter looping drills. My coach also tried (he usually plays Nittaku DHS H3N on Schlager Light, USATT ca. 2400) and his spin was amazing! I also found it more forgiving than my Viscaria Light. It is slighty slower maybe than the VL but still OFF; it plays like a little crisper Clipper (Walnut outers!) but slightly less springy.
I have not tested it yet with my anti on bh but will probably continue to use it for now.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 21:32 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Matt, are you still using this blade? Could you update your findings on the blade?

Came across with one, not sure whether to keep or return it.

Haggisv, it's indeed heavily varnished with glossy finished. Too much for my liking, but looks like no option to get one without it.

Looks like the varnish was applied after, so they should offer the blade with/without varnish.

Bouncing ball on the blade, felt like it's a decent blade, thus still thinking about keeping it regardless the heavy varnished.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 01:10 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
Matt, are you still using this blade? Could you update your findings on the blade?

I am indeed! The more I play with it the more I like it. In the meantime I got a second Matador as a backup blade and to test other rubbers. Initially I had focused on forehand (footwork, technique) drills and I think it is great for looping. Very stable and consistent with good control and outstanding spin. When my coach (USATT 2400) looped with it the spin was insane and more than with his regular blade (Schlager Light) and the same fh rubber. I have now tested it with anti as well, both with Dr. Neubauer Buffalo and Bison (each 1.8mm) and it works very will with anti also: good control (better than with a couple of carbon blades I used before), good reversal but according to my practice partner more disruptive balls (weird curves, wobble etc.). I believe this is due to the harder outer ply of walnut.
By the way, on my second Matador the varnish was not as heavy as on the first blade though I did not have any problems to attach the rubbers to that one either. I use Elmer's RC and did not sand before gluing.

Last edited by Matt Pimple on 24 Jun 2016, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 01:19 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
thanks Matt, a few more questions:

- does the second blade's weight similar to the one you got earlier? the one i have is 78.42 gr and has AN handle

- how stiff or flexible is the blade? comparable to what other blades you had used before?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 01:27 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
thanks Matt, a few more questions:

- does the second blade's weight similar to the one you got earlier? the one i have is 78.42 gr and has AN handle

- how stiff or flexible is the blade? comparable to what other blades you had used before?

Both blades I have are similar in weight, 83 vs. 81.5g; both have ST handle.
The blade is fairly stiff comparable to a Clipper blade (both are 7-ply all-wood) but it is not as stiff as some of the carbon blades I recently played like Schlager Light, Viscaria Light or YinHe Vis-A Pro.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!