OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2014, 23:13 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
4 years ago after a lapse of 35years I came back to playing TT & in that time with coaching, a lot of practise, plenty of research, on YouTube, the forum & asking countless questions I know have discovered a magnificent blade/rubbers combination. :up:
In writing this until about 3 weeks ago I thought I had already discovered that combination. I was using Re-Impact Dr Barath blades with Tibhar Grass Dtecs OX rubber on my BH & Victas 401 on my FH & I was extremely happy doing so. :clap: Then I went & had a hit with Haggisv & tried his Re-Impact Smart blade with the same rubber set up. Wow, straight away I was very impressed by this blades balance; it gave me even more control with great drop shots & explosive power when needed. |( Again I was hooked by another Re-Impact balsa experience.
Over the past 4years I have progressed from Re-Impacts Tachi, Tachi +, Perfect, Dr Barath to now the Smart.
As I said before, for me the Dr Barath was almost perfect to now the Smart which is perfect for my game. 8)
Mind you the dreaded plastic could change all that only time will tell. :punch: :swear: :@
I would like to thank Achim for making these magnificent blades, Kees for his great reviews and Haggisv for his help & advice. :clap: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2014, 19:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Gollum!

As a Smart user myself, I can only agree :lol:

I'd love to hear how the 402 is working on the Smart, as I've not yet tried that combination...

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2014, 21:23 

Oh boy, the EJ venom is "toxicating" the hormone! :whew:

My friend, my friend.... Why were you not in the approprite situation to let me try Smart last October. :headbang:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2014, 22:14 
My Precious

haggisv wrote:
Thanks Gollum!

I'd love to hear how the 402 is working on the Smart, as I've not yet tried that combination...

Early days have tried it in 2 solid workouts & have been impressed by its control, spin & FH speed/power. :clap: :clap: Will give it another workout this Friday, very happy so far. 8) 8)

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2014, 22:21 
Super User

I use Re-Impact Smart.

Control is superb.

Con: the head size is too compact. very small after used to use Bty Def Alpha and Re-Impact Tachi.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2014, 21:55 
My Precious

The Victas VS > 401 is very impressive on the FH of this blade but I also have another Smart with the Victas VS > 402 Limber on the FH. :clap:
Today I had another solid 2 hour hit out with it & I found the VS > 402 Limber produces even more spin in my serves & more control in game play than the VS > 401 8) :up:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2014, 20:50 
My Precious

The more I play with this blade with the Tibhar & Victas set ups the more excited I'm becoming with great ball placement. I am very happy with my new Re-Impact Smart :rock: 8) :party:

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2014, 09:35 
My Precious

haggisv wrote:
Thanks Gollum!

I had another hit yesterday firstly with the 401 then the 402 limber & the 401 is fabulous but the 402 is even better with even better placement control & more spin :up: love my new setups. :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2015, 16:19 
Super User

I am using a black 1.8 Fastarc C-1 on my Smart and I am loving it. However, when the sheet wears out, I will give vs>401 or 402 a try. if anyone tries the 402DE on the Smart, please let us know your findings here.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 18:01 
My Precious

"fazer227" I’ve just have a great couple of hours playing with my Smart with the Victas > 401 with great result, timing, control & power & as I’ve said it’s very hard separating that FH from the 402 > limber :party: :party:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 11:35 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Gollum wrote:
Then I went & had a hit with Haggisv & tried his Re-Impact Smart blade with the same rubber set up. Wow, straight away I was very impressed by this blades balance; it gave me even more control with great drop shots & explosive power when needed. |( Again I was hooked by another Re-Impact balsa experience.
You really have to stay away from Haggisv :lol:

On a serious note, I had played with the original Tachi before with Tenergy 25 on the FH and DTecs on BH. I find that the best combo for that blade as brush looping on FH is just perfect. As for BH with DTecs, well this combo is what makes Tachi famous. My question is, how does the forehand speed and trajectory compare between the Tachi and Smart? Also, am I right to believe the BH are similar with DTecs for both blade? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Scratch my query above. Found the Re-Impact blade selection and user guide above. Very informative. Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 13:25 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
It does sound like a smart choice indeed!

On another note...hi Choi and Jix, long time no see!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 15:04 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

Hey Reb, yeah been busy. But still playing a bit of TT. Still lurking about, just don't have much time to post.
Cheers.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 16:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
fattchoi wrote:
On a serious note, I had played with the original Tachi before with Tenergy 25 on the FH and DTecs on BH. I find that the best combo for that blade as brush looping on FH is just perfect. As for BH with DTecs, well this combo is what makes Tachi famous. My question is, how does the forehand speed and trajectory compare between the Tachi and Smart? Also, am I right to believe the BH are similar with DTecs for both blade? Thanks in advance.

The Smart is faster on forehand than the Tachi and the blade feels a little stiffer. It feels a little faster on the backhand too, probably closer to the Tachi +

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2015, 18:54 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
It does sound like a smart choice indeed!

Hi mate, I am finally and thought to myself a retired man now. Alas, was hunted bt a local institution to teach in science subjects. Thus have been "active" in teaching everyday. And at the same time squeezing time to drive for an hour twice or three times per week to play TT. So that's what keep me busy for last a year plus.

I actually had written few posts in this forum. Funny, when I hit the "submit" button, the postings just disappeared. May be wrong buttons! :headbang:

Oh, a surprising news. I recently entered an open tournament. And got to 1/4 final! Alas I have to give up the next day when the 1/4 final proceeds. I was down with flue and drained off energy ! :devil: