OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 00:39 
Super User

Yuzuki wrote:
? Ekrips? What's the real deal with Ekrips and Sriver? Ekrips is supposedly the close-to-table version of an all-around rubber, which might help the hitting part.

But now it seems that you're ready to make a purchase. :D Good luck.

Ekrips is pretty good. But I think it needs glue. And the MA LIN Extra Offensive is not available yet. So I have to wait.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 02:48 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi sunflex,
As you know, opinions vary even among people with the same style.
I am an attacker, I will loop drive, punch block or kill in preference to a safer shot. I still have a slow game but my equipment is swayed towards the fast game.
Only two blades felt too hard, just a "ping" and the ball was gone. That was the Willpower and the G10 Glass.
My favorite blade right now is the Galexy W-1. Second is the MC-1. Both are sealed with 3 coats of Poly.
I recently quit using Energy because of the price. Venus is the fastest rubber I have found so far (no glue) with good spin. $14
If $$ is no concern, I would go for Hammond Pro Alpha, Nano Cannon, Varites, Refoma, Narucross, Couga, Brice, etc.
They all play similar. Any of these on a fast blade will loop and counter loop well. I don't like hi throw rubbers for my game.
People will tell you, serves suffer with these. Well, there is room for another thread on that. My opinion is serves are "harder" to do with these but hi quality serves are still very possible.
I would not try to pick out one certain rubber or blade for you but these will give you an idea what I look for. I have used ALL of the ones I mentioned plus others. I found ones like the Juic 999 series too slow for me and also higher throw. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 03:40 
Super User

hookshot wrote:
Hi sunflex,
As you know, opinions vary even among people with the same style.
I am an attacker, I will loop drive, punch block or kill in preference to a safer shot. I still have a slow game but my equipment is swayed towards the fast game.
Only two blades felt too hard, just a "ping" and the ball was gone. That was the Willpower and the G10 Glass.
My favorite blade right now is the Galexy W-1. Second is the MC-1. Both are sealed with 3 coats of Poly.
I recently quit using Energy because of the price. Venus is the fastest rubber I have found so far (no glue) with good spin. $14
If $$ is no concern, I would go for Hammond Pro Alpha, Nano Cannon, Varites, Refoma, Narucross, Couga, Brice, etc.
They all play similar. Any of these on a fast blade will loop and counter loop well. I don't like hi throw rubbers for my game.
People will tell you, serves suffer with these. Well, there is room for another thread on that. My opinion is serves are "harder" to do with these but hi quality serves are still very possible.
I would not try to pick out one certain rubber or blade for you but these will give you an idea what I look for. I have used ALL of the ones I mentioned plus others. I found ones like the Juic 999 series too slow for me and also higher throw. :D

How fast is Venus unglued compared to lets say Hammond X? Is it really the fastest what thickness and hardness do you use? Is it sensitive to incoming spin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 04:08 

What I meant by the fastest, it is the fastest rubber for less than $15. I always use Max sponge. Compared to Energy, I would give speed 90+% the speed of energy. Compared to Hammond Pro Alpha, a little less.
When you take it out of the package, it feels tacky but that disappears after some use. It then is a very grippy rubber. I have it on 38 degree sponge. It plays alot like Energy.
I tuned a sheet with Euclyptus oil and it was a monster. I liked it but I am not going to worry about tuners anymore.
Since I switched to Venus, my consistancy has gone up. It is still fast enough I can make effective kills. Counter looping is a breeze. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 04:57 
Super User

hookshot wrote:
What I meant by the fastest, it is the fastest rubber for less than $15. I always use Max sponge. Compared to Energy, I would give speed 90+% the speed of energy. Compared to Hammond Pro Alpha, a little less.
When you take it out of the package, it feels tacky but that disappears after some use. It then is a very grippy rubber. I have it on 38 degree sponge. It plays alot like Energy.
I tuned a sheet with Euclyptus oil and it was a monster. I liked it but I am not going to worry about tuners anymore.
Since I switched to Venus, my consistancy has gone up. It is still fast enough I can make effective kills. Counter looping is a breeze. :D

ok sounds great but is it sensitive to incoming spin? btw are you sure unglued HPA is faster than energy? How do you like your Gergely21?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 05:30 

The Gergely 21 is heavier than the W1, at least the one I have. Other than that, I like it alot. I use it at the club sometimes and for testing rubbers.
There were a few rubbers inbetween when I used HPA and then Energy. It is how I remembered HPA.
As far as being insensitive to incomming spin, in general, the faster a rubber, the less sensitive. Tacky are sensitive. Most of the rubbers I mentioned are similar when just trying to "touch" a ball. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 08:21 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Learnt that it was somewhat the same for me, faster meant somewhat less sensitive to spin, having used an Almana/Almana Sound combo.

Am I correct in assuming you want a bat playable straight out of the box? You could try shaping the grip off a Mazunov? (http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2767&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 12:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The venus seems quite insensitve to spin considering how grippy the topsheet is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 20:45 
Super User

has anyone tried the kreanga aeros? It's supposed to be a slower version of the primorac carbon ''the classic hitting carbon blade''. It's currently on sale here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 21:47 

I'd give the Inspirit Quattro a shot also if your looking for faster. It is slightly less spinny than the Venus & handles incoming spin nicely.
Then there is always the way of the dragon :rambo:

Hard Bat: LKT Instinct
Dr.Evil
Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.
-Honore de Balzac

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 22:45 
Super User

Mt.Biker E wrote:
I'd give the Inspirit Quattro a shot also if your looking for faster. It is slightly less spinny than the Venus & handles incoming spin nicely.
Then there is always the way of the dragon :rambo:

I thought quattro was slow and heavy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2008, 23:16 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Quattro is not that slow, it is a bit on the heavy side. Not too bad though. Depends if you want speed form spin or hit though. It is medium throw and topspin isn't very fast. But its smashes good :wink:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 20:50 
Super User

Apparently YEO is now available on Megaspin. Pretty cheap as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 21:08 
Super User

Suma wrote:
Apparently YEO is now available on Megaspin. Pretty cheap as well.

yes I saw it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2008, 11:15 
Super User

From other threads I thought YEO is slower than Ma Lin Carbon, and Ma Lin Carbon is the same blade as the Waldner Senso Carbon.

So sunflex, you would be going slower if you go with YEO, no?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!