OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 22:19 
Super User

Hey guys,

I'm very much into reading about all sorts of blades and rubbers, just for fun :P but I cannot find any detailed reviews on the Butterfly Power Defence blade.

Can anyone help me?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 22:02 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
I am playing with one...

the reason you cant find it is because it was former Matsushita Power Defence blade, and he left the company so they renamed it...
i had Matsushita blade in my hand and they are identical...

there are lots of reviews on net, but from my findings, i would say this is the faster defense blade there is, oversize, big sweet spot, hard...

i haven't got Jo See Hyuk blade, to compare them, i think they are similar...anyone?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 23:43 
Super User

If i'm not mistaking, i was able to try it from a guy at a tournamente for some minutes.
To me it seemed quite a slow version of the joo se hyuk, with similar feeling, hard and quite stiff

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 09:03 
The King

Heavy at around 105 gram(around 94 when dried in the oven) not very fast (about allround- I guess) and generates a lot of spin. I have an old version that was cut to regular size which plays pretty well and 2 newer versions that seem to be slower.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2015, 09:18 

If I remembered correctly. It have Anigre outer plies. Stiff, medium feel, butterfly oversize blade,quite heavy around 100 g!, speed could be categorized as All ~All+. It feel like donic defplay on steroid but stiffer, faster, heavier and less flex.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2016, 08:52 
Super User

Elvis56 wrote:
Heavy at around 105 gram(around 94 when dried in the oven) not very fast (about allround- I guess) and generates a lot of spin. I have an old version that was cut to regular size which plays pretty well and 2 newer versions that seem to be slower.

Sorry for resurrection this old thread.
What happens with playing properties when dried in the oven, and how long do you leave it there ?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2019, 02:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i played with one for a few hours and fell in love with it.I bought it off a fella who is a vet and uses the same anti as me.ball feel with the anti is great.its hard and stiff.may use it in a match tonight.the f.h had tibhar vari spin in 1.8 and was nice for chops .

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2019, 01:20 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
i played with one for a few hours and fell in love with it.I bought it off a fella who is a vet and uses the same anti as me.ball feel with the anti is great.its hard and stiff.may use it in a match tonight.the f.h had tibhar vari spin in 1.8 and was nice for chops .

Would you be prepared to sell the Butterfly power defence blade mate?