OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2015, 20:29 

Hi guys,

looking for a recommendation for an allround blade. I tried my friends Stiga Classic Allround and thought it was perfect then ordered 2 of my own but none of them are anything like his. The vibration you get off them is horrible whereas his didn't. Even purchased the same rubbers as they gave me far more control. Also my friends blade feels heavier and more sturdy.

Basically I am looking for an allround blade with little vibration, if there is such a thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mikey

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2015, 21:38 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Hi Mikey, good to see someone else in the ALL club. I've used:-
Donic Waldner Allplay ST, FL
Donic Waldner Exclusive FL
Donic Appelgren Allplay FL
Donic Appelgren Allplay Senso v1 AN
Stiga Allround Evolution ST
Yasaka Extra AN
Yinhe N11 FL
Palio B31 FL

The Chinese blades definately have a harder feel than the European ones however apart from the handles, I've noticed little difference in the speed or feel of the European ones. Alk the blades weigh different too, even in the same models so worth working out if you like light or heavy and requesting same.

Sorry i can't really help out with the vibration thing but never really noticed.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2015, 23:06 

Thanks for the reply Cobalt. I don't need anything faster to win a point, my game is more blocking and countering than opening up. I have moved away from the Infinity VPS as it is just too fast and I need to develop my technique more first.

I have read good things about the Appelgren Allplay and wondered whether the normal version had a more solid feel than the V1 or V2.

I never thought to ask for a heavier blade as I just assumed there wouldn't be much difference between them.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2015, 23:16 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Yes i think it does. At first i wasn't sure of the v1 but i think that was more that the hollow bit at the bottom was a bit offputting. I can't really tell any difference in play and now i really like it. The handle of the Fl on the regular is a bit thin for my liking, AN on the senso feels nice., better than the AN on the extra but everyone's hands are different. Both are quite light at 80g or just under.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 02:03 

That is interesting, there is no one at my club who has one and it is not as though I can try one out before buying. I am going to end up with a mountain of of blades soon.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 05:20 

I have the donic waldner all play, Yasaka Sweden classic, LKT pro xc, Dawei Quattro F with fiberglass, and several others blades. The Dawei f is called a off blade but I think it closer to off - to all +. For comparison I don't feel any vibrations with the donic or Dawei F, but I do feel some vibration with the Yasaka SC and a bit more with the hollow handle LKT blade. the donic w all play has a huge sweet spot and for my strengths which is fh hand loop bh blocking I think it's feels and plays great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 01:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

mikeyjm26 wrote:
Hi guys,

looking for a recommendation for an allround blade. I tried my friends Stiga Classic Allround and thought it was perfect then ordered 2 of my own but none of them are anything like his. The vibration you get off them is horrible whereas his didn't. Even purchased the same rubbers as they gave me far more control. Also my friends blade feels heavier and more sturdy.

Basically I am looking for an allround blade with little vibration, if there is such a thing.

Interesting. Since blades are made of wood, there will always be variations among even the same model of blade. I have a Stiga Allround Classic too, more on that later.

As always, I suggest a Yinhe N11. Cheap (about the cheapest Yinhe blade there is), nice weight (80 grams +/- 1 gram or so for my three N11s). Just the right speed for me and less vibration than other blades I've tried. Great loops and nice, crisp hits.

My allround blade roundup:

Stiga Allround Classic - a wee bit slow, nice weight, more vibration.
Yinhe W6 "Loop King" - too slow, too heavy.
Yinhe N10 - too heavy.
KTL Instinct - too heavy, not enough "feel"
Yinhe 896 - slightly slower than the N11, more vibration.
HRT 2091 "Clipper" - too heavy.
HRT 2075 - right weight, plays OK, feels a bit harder than the N11, don't like it
Palio A08 - thinnest Chinese blade I've tried, very light, too slow.
Reactor DJ200 - absolute cheapest blade, plays very nice, much like a N11.
Yinhe Kiso 7 - somewhat heavy (83-85g), but has a very nice feel. Playing with it at the moment, but I like the N11 better. Unobtainium.
Nittaku Septear - slightly too slow.
Darker 7P-2a - same as Septear, quite light (74g), a little too slow for me. All the hinoki blades have pleasant vibrational qualities.

(Spent way too much on the last two.)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 19:05 
Super User

mikeyjm26 wrote:
Hi guys,

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mikey

Why dont you try out the Stiga Allround classic carbon.
I would play it if I wasnt an defender ( I prefer bigger blades )

Soren

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2015, 10:09 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
mikeyjm26 wrote:
That is interesting, there is no one at my club who has one and it is not as though I can try one out before buying. I am going to end up with a mountain of of blades soon.

A guy in our club has bought a mountain of blades most of them from Galaxy with a huge variation on weight and quality. He even bought a Rosewood V which cost him a lot. He was mostly using Chinese rubbers and was constantly tinkering around with different setups. He would have 3-4 setups lined up and if something wasn't working he would rush back to his bag of tricks and produce another 'cheap' setup.

So one day I asked him to try out a Xiom Amadeus. This is an old style blade. It was shod with some old 1.9 T05s and he loved it. He bought a MX-P and a FX-P eventually changing the MX-P for a OVT which gave him more control. He now uses this consistently as his weapon of choice and his game has improved.

The Amadeus is now discontinued has possibly too small a head and would be a 7 year old design ?
It would have cost around €100 in its day but was being off-loaded new as old stock for half the price. Does not have any carbon but it's still quite fast and has good feedback despite using Hinoki as an outer pile. So don't dismiss any of the older designs plus the wood used in the older blades seems to be of better quality. An example of that would be the Butterfly Primorac.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 11:36 

You haven't mentioned which rubbers you will be/are using, as that will make a difference in over all playability.

The Appelgren Allplay is a very good blade for control looping. My son is using it now to develop his strokes. Its great for hitting, drop shots and looping close to the table.

Normally I use the Butterfly Andrzej Grubba paired with some kind of spin oriented rubber. I'd say this is a step or two faster than the Allplay, (All- vs All+) with a similar amount of flex, but the Grubba can create crazy amounts of topspin in comparison. Also creates a higher throw angle using the same rubber. The Grubba has been my "Go-to" blade this season, putting the Boll ZLF and Xiom Zetro Quad on the back burner till I can find the correct rubbers to pair them with.

Neither of the above blades have bad vibrations. The Timo All+ is one to stay away from if concerned about vibration. It'll vibrate so badly that it'll irritate your funny bone. Blade weight does make a difference in vibrations also. Another way to combat is by using a heavier rubber to make the whole blade/rubber combo heavier.