OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 10:41 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
Def,

can you compare a little more Carbonado with Destroyer and even Terror pls, now that you had more time with it?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 17:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
Def,

can you compare a little more Carbonado with Destroyer and even Terror pls, now that you had more time with it?

Well, the Stiga is of course faster, and also a little lighter. Handle is typical Stiga and as always you should use sandpaper on it to make it comfy for you. But this I do with all blades (I can't really understand people who comment negatively in this matter, sandpaper is as important as glue in your TT toolbox). I am not very good at describing different feelings from different blades. But the advertisement feels more or less true, Stiga has a big sweet spot. I have noticed several strokes where I felt I did not hit close to the blade center ant yet the ball went where I wanted.
For FH blocks the Stiga probably has an even lower throw than Destroyer, probably like Terror if I remember correctly. This causes me troubles sometimes, but it is a matter of me needing to adapt. I have had problems with looping back blocks or top spins with Stiga, but I just realised that I should lower the speed a little. I am used to slower blades and with this fast blade I just don't need to add as much speed myself. I haven't used the blade long enough to fix this yet. But I tried a slower strokes a few times this weekend and it worked good. Looping back spin is very good with this blade. You just opend the bat angle a little more and then you can just nail it. This is celarly better than Destroyer. Service retruning is more difficult with Stiga. The faster blade makes the ball stay a shorter time on the blade (dwell time) and that makes control over the table, especially when returning serves, more difficult. The difference to Destroyer is not huge as long as there is spin on the ball, but short no spin serves are rather difficult to push. Here I am very glad i use the rather slow and tacky DHS H3-50. Away from the table you need to put more speed and some more upward movement (or opend the bat more) to this blade than what you would expect, since it is rather fast. This is because the low throw angle, and the ball tends to go under the table if you just make your stroke as normal. But this is also a matter of adjustment.

On BH this balde is very good. Driving and blocking with inverted is soooo easy, almost like you had a SP on the blade. Looping with BH is not really my thing but it works ok there. Pushing is also raher ok but the Destroyer is better there. Blocking with anti is of course a little faster so you need to be a little (not much) cautious. But being active, driving, putting speed on the ball, returning serves, etc is very good with this blade. Returning fast no spin serves is very easy (but this also has to do with Transfomer, I only played less than an hour with 1,0 Transformer on Destroyer). On BH the throw angle feels about the same, but that can be differences when comparing Transformer to BAD. Anyway, it is still easy to block with Transfomer on BH. I still block to the net or long sometimes, especially on reflex savings and on hard loops with little spin (very fast drives). Against those strokes I guess the speed of Stiga can be a little problem.

As a whole I am rather glad with this blade. I havent been able to practice with it as much as I would like, but it gets better and better. My main problem so far is looping back pushes, where I want to attack hard (like after I have blocked with anti and they push back, and I step around and loopkill). Those tend to hit the top of the net very often. I just need to lower the speed a little, but I sooo want to kill that ball.... But I am getting there :-)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 22:28 
Super User

tnx for the comparison...

regarding the looping of underspin, have you tried some different rubbers for the FH? maybe H3 is too hard for this blade?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 22:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
tnx for the comparison...

regarding the looping of underspin, have you tried some different rubbers for the FH? maybe H3 is too hard for this blade?

Nope. Too many parameters for the moment. And I am not used to japanese rubbers, so for now I will stick to H3-50 (slightly tuned, rather soft).

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 06:59 
Super User

So, I am copying you again, I have just bought it... I couldn't pass a good price, 70EUR...

1st impressions from 2 hour play, love it for the FH... So direct, low trajectory, my every spin is a killer now, very difficult to block bcs is low with a lot of rotation... BH with Transformer, everything is going on the table, easy to hit high balls, do downside...

I think I am in heaven now, finally found the blade and the rubbers, no more EJ-ing [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent with Oneplus Two using TapaTalk

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 07:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
So, I am copying you again, I have just bought it... I couldn't pass a good price, 70EUR...

1st impressions from 2 hour play, love it for the FH... So direct, low trajectory, my every spin is a killer now, very difficult to block bcs is low with a lot of rotation... BH with Transformer, everything is going on the table, easy to hit high balls, do downside...

I think I am in heaven now, finally found the blade and the rubbers, no more EJ-ing [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Haha.... great! Just beware that a back lash might come. Normally around 3rd session... just keep going.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 07:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:

Haha.... great! Just beware that a back lash might come. Normally around 3rd session... just keep going.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 07:26 
Super User

yes, i know, but no more changes! :rock:

PostPosted: 14 May 2016, 12:36 
Super User

I have both a 190 and 145. they are both set up the same. With Resant Power grip on the forehand and something slower on the back hand. The 145 is easier to loop and throws a higher ball. I had to adjust my stroke a bit for the 190 which has a flatter ball. They are both great blades. I would get the 145 first. its a little more versatile. but more expensive. I was going to get the intensity. Xu is playing with it. Good control but not as powerful. the one I demoed. Still a good blade. If I don't like the Eternity (the emerald is an ok (only blade...I may have to tweak the rubber on it a bit) I may buy and intensity only because xu plays with it. It probably plays like the rosewood he used before.

Oh, the gossip is Fan wanted to switch to the 190 but the coaches wanted him to stay with the infinity because of possible control problems. Heck he doesn't need more power. Stiga site has him using the intensity but wiki has him changed over already to the 190 wonder what he is using?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 12:07 

Blade: stiga infinity
FH: hurricane 3 national
BH: baracuda
does anyone know the material composition of the carbonado 145 and 190.(like what woods/carbons are used, and if possible what order). thank guys! :) :) :) :up:

PostPosted: 02 May 2017, 13:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No idea about the wood, but this TeXtreme(tm) is a type of carbon cloth using "spread tow", which is broad tapes of carbon fiber rather than round bundles. The advantage? Mainly weight. Does it play differently than regular carbon? Probably does, by how much I've no idea. But it does illustrate the propensity of table tennis manufacturers to use and exploit any new material that complies with the rules.. though not everything catches on. Anyone remember basalt fibers? :lol: Why do they produce a bat with fibers oriented 45 degrees to the bat axis? Because TeXtreme(tm) is made in that configuration, of course.

I must admit I am surprised they haven't seen fit to use the Zylon(tm) TeXtreme(tm) yet... Maybe this year.

Iskandar