OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 20:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I am considering a fast carbon blade and I have heard lots of nice things about Stigas newest Carbonado 145 and 190. However, I am a little uncertain if I can handle the speed from these blades. I am also vary curious about Stiga NCT Intensity Carbon (mostly since it is a lot cheaper ;) ), wich is suposed to be a thin and light carbon blade. Today I use der materialspezialist Destroyer, wich is a good blade for blocking with both inverted and my slick anti on BH. It works nice for attacks but has a rather small sweet spot. Also, the low throw makes it hard to loop against back spin. I am aware that I cant have both low throw (good for blocking with anti) and a blade that is good for looping against back spin, I have to choose. I also have a Stiga Clipper WRB CR (CR means UV-treated and it is a little harder and faster than regular), but I havent tried it very much with my slick anti. It works very good for looping though.

Is there anyone who has experience with those three blades mentionen in the subject? I understand that 145 has a higher throw and a sweet spot that is more wide than long. The 190 version has low throw and a long sweetspot.

Is there a big difference in throw between thesee two? I think that for my offensive strokes the 145 would be best but for blocking with anti the 190 would be best. How does these compare to the Intensity Carbon? Is the throw of that blade high or low? Is the sweet spot as large as for Carbonado? How much faster are these blades than a Clipper?

Here is a video from Stiga that explains the difference between 145 and 190:

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2016, 23:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I found a review here that also mention Intensity Carbon as being faster than Carbonado (in contrast to what Stiga says on their website): http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_po ... ull-review

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 09:34 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
A guy that I know uses the 145 and is still using it after 6 months. He has a review on tabletennis11 - the last one where he refers to the 145 as a terrific product. I did look at one last weekend & I thought that the flared handle was quite big. Looked well finished for a stiga blaðe. Although I was surprised on the price. If you could try one out before you buy - that would be ideal. I did use a Clipper CR non Wrb but I found it too hard to use. Would imagine that the 145 would be a long easier to use. Get the impression that if you shop around you could get it at a relatively good price.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2016, 16:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Multispoke wrote:
A guy that I know uses the 145 and is still using it after 6 months. He has a review on tabletennis11 - the last one where he refers to the 145 as a terrific product. I did look at one last weekend & I thought that the flared handle was quite big. Looked well finished for a stiga blaðe. Although I was surprised on the price. If you could try one out before you buy - that would be ideal. I did use a Clipper CR non Wrb but I found it too hard to use. Would imagine that the 145 would be a long easier to use. Get the impression that if you shop around you could get it at a relatively good price.

Thanks. I have no one close that I can borrow it from as far as I know. There are a few stores who has a reasonable price for it (below 100 €) and I expect it to drop soon, since Stiga has seven new blades to present this year...

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 03:19 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Def-attack, I have not used the Carbonado but I did play with Intensity Carbon for a while with T05 on fh and ABS anti 1.2 on bh. The blade is very fast, hard (walnut outers!) and stiff unless you loop real hard, than it gets some flex. I would call it Off+ but it has the best control or feel for a blade that fast, at least for the blades I tested. It also had the most disruptive effect of any anti/blade combination I have played so far. However, it is not easy to control and it is difficult to play touch shots and return serve. Eventually I moved away to slower blades. Anyway, I posted a couple of videos with this setup a while ago so you might get the idea:
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23404

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2016, 03:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Matt Pimple wrote:
Def-attack, I have not used the Carbonado but I did play with Intensity Carbon for a while with T05 on fh and ABS anti 1.2 on bh. The blade is very fast, hard (walnut outers!) and stiff unless you loop real hard, than it gets some flex. I would call it Off+ but it has the best control or feel for a blade that fast, at least for the blades I tested. It also had the most disruptive effect of any anti/blade combination I have played so far. However, it is not easy to control and it is difficult to play touch shots and return serve. Eventually I moved away to slower blades. Anyway, I posted a couple of videos with this setup a while ago so you might get the idea:
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23404

Thanks. I am more leaning to try Carbonado, just don't know which one yet. I have read that Intensity Carbon is faster than Carbonado (even though Stiga rates Carbonado a lot faster than Intensity, but I guess the always have to rate their latest blade as the fastest....).
I am just a little worried about the low throw and if I will be able to loop against back spin. I want to try the 190 but just because of looping against back spin I might have to try 145. But for blocking 190 should be better... maybe it is ok to loop back spin with 190 as well? That wojud be the best...

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 16:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I ordered a Carbonado 190. Hopefully I will have it in time for tonights session. Not sure if I will go for a change such big now in the middle of the seadon with only like 3 sessions before next league match, but I will definitely try it. Very curious :)

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 20:28 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

BTW, the one I talked to when I ordered the blade said a few things about the 7 new Stiga-blades that are being released this year. Two of them are upgrades of Carbonado. They will be called Carbonado 45 and 90 (if I heard correctly) and they will be even faster. They have made some further development of the carbon layer they are using (this material is also used in floor ball sticks and other sports equipment).

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 20:33 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Def-attack wrote:
BTW, the one I talked to when I ordered the blade said a few things about the 7 new Stiga-blades that are being released this year. Two of them are upgrades of Carbonado. They will be called Carbonado 45 and 90 (if I heard correctly) and they will be even faster. They have made some further development of the carbon layer they are using (this material is also used in floor ball sticks and other sports equipment).

I always hope they'll come out with some new Oversized blades but that never happens haha. All of the Oversized blades I've tried from them have been awesome, Allround Classic, Clipper and Carbo Oversize.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 20:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

I always hope they'll come out with some new Oversized blades but that never happens haha. All of the Oversized blades I've tried from them have been awesome, Allround Classic, Clipper and Carbo Oversize.

The oversized ones were made primarily too meet the needs for heavier and faster blade when the 40 mm arrived (if I have undertood this correctly). Now again we need faster blades because of a new ball. But I guess it is more "selling" to make all new blades with new names, even though they are modifications of existing ones. But just to make them a little larger is nothing I have heard of. Some of the oversized lades are still available, but not always visable at the shops (ask them, or Stiga).

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 21:25 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i have found absolutely essential to play with oversize blade when i was playing with ox lp on BH...
weight of the lp rubber was only 15g, and to compensate i had to go with oversize, so larger head and larger rubbers contribute to the overall weight of the racquet (or racket? :?: )

now that i am switching to fl anti with sponge i found the whole combination too heavy, my elbow started to protest, so i am switching back to normal size blades...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2016, 06:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Well, the first test with Carbonado 190 was good. The blade is a bit lighter than my current, that makes timing different. I don't know if it is a good thing in the long run. It is fast but still very easy to handle. Short low spin serves to FH are difficult to return good though... but blocking is a dream. Looping is nice but I need more time and other opponents to know if it is good for my current style. Looping away from the table is very good (ball shots away like a rocket) and loop-drive vs back spin was not more difficult than with my current bat. But more speed was easy to give even with a small movement.

The thing is that with this bat in my hand I just wanted to bash away the ball all the time. Lile the first time I tried boosted rubbers. Sooo fun to just loop the hell out of the ball :)

I'll report more later...

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 01:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
Well, the first test with Carbonado 190 was good. The blade is a bit lighter than my current, that makes timing different. I don't know if it is a good thing in the long run. It is fast but still very easy to handle. Short low spin serves to FH are difficult to return good though... but blocking is a dream. Looping is nice but I need more time and other opponents to know if it is good for my current style. Looping away from the table is very good (ball shots away like a rocket) and loop-drive vs back spin was not more difficult than with my current bat. But more speed was easy to give even with a small movement.

The thing is that with this bat in my hand I just wanted to bash away the ball all the time. Lile the first time I tried boosted rubbers. Sooo fun to just loop the hell out of the ball :)

I'll report more later...

2nd session and stillin love with this blade. It makes my FH soooo much better and it does not make my BH a lot worse (perhaps even better). Pushing over the table is worse, but I can live with that. Looping against back spin is better also, as is counter looping. Blocking with FH is also good, but perhaps not as controlled as with Destroyer. Here is a drill showing its ability to block with anti and some FH-attacks. FH-blocking wad really bad in this drill, but it worked better in match play.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2016, 00:08 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
some nasty underspin blocks... :up:

is there more underspin on block with it than there was with destroyer bcs its a faster blade?

and you need to close the recquet more on fh blocks :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2016, 00:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
some nasty underspin blocks... :up:
is there more underspin on block with it than there was with destroyer bcs its a faster blade?
and you need to close the recquet more on fh blocks :lol:

I can't really say if there is more back spin... I haven't played against this opponent with Transformer on the Destroyer.

Yeah, I had a very bad bat angel for FH in that drill :-). It worked a lot better in other drills and match playing.