OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 23:37 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Oh ! I didn't mean to pester you Debater! :lol: Though I guess I was :P Dint intend it that way :-) I always love going back and rewatching your videos comparing different rubbers static testing and "user"/player real-world testing :-) Any videos you post I find most interesting. I know a LOT of guys with whom we watched your videos and discussed :-D Truly appreciate and commend your efforts ! Keep at it! :-) :up:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 10:30 

Blade: Ma Lin or Falck Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx 1.9mm
BH: Spinlord Kieler 1.8mm
I have just started using the TSP balsa 6.5 as I switched to lp about 5 weeks ago.
Here's the thing, I attack very well with lp (Palio CK531a, 0.6mm) on my backhand but the fh feels disgusting, its so flat and smacky.

Is there any blade in the world that would have the sharp bouncy balsa feel for bh hits with lp and more of an all wood fell on fh for at least half decent looping?

I am just about to glue half of a stiga infinity to a TSP balsa 3.5 and hope it does not ruin both sides too much.

Haggis you are the sage of lp and blades, any help. Its driving me nuts?!?!?

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2017, 16:58 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
MOG1111 wrote:
I have just started using the TSP balsa 6.5 as I switched to lp about 5 weeks ago.
Here's the thing, I attack very well with lp (Palio CK531a, 0.6mm) on my backhand but the fh feels disgusting, its so flat and smacky.

Is there any blade in the world that would have the sharp bouncy balsa feel for bh hits with lp and more of an all wood fell on fh for at least half decent looping?

I am just about to glue half of a stiga infinity to a TSP balsa 3.5 and hope it does not ruin both sides too much.

Dude! That sounds crazy ! :rofl:

What I find with TSP balsa blades with glass-fibre top-ply, is that the blade top-ply is too hard. You need really really hard rubbers with slower speed gears and high spin gears. Only then does it give a good feel for the ball. Instead of composite balsa blades, I went with all wood balsa blade and it has worked out really well. TSP Versal feels really great and still gives that balsa kick close and mid table and even far away from the table the speed and kick performs reasonably well enough.

There are plenty of Combo-blades, from Dr. Neubauer and Re-Impact and some Yinhe T-9 ,etc

Why you want to ruin existing blades ? Just post to re-sell the blades, and go buy a combi blade !

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2018, 08:05 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
I have found the same issue of the fibre layer being too hard on the latest TSP 4.5 and 5.0 blades. Ok with 2.0mm medium firm sponge rubbers such as Xiom Musa/Spinlord Tiger but go down to thinner sponge inverted or pips out and the fibre layer seems to give a very hard feel with poor dwell and thus touch.

For example I found that Keiler 1.2mm and Musa 1.5mm both were not good on the above TSP blades but on my recently acquired and slightly cut down firewall plus which has a thick balsa core and two wood outer Plies, seem to play much better.

A very old TSP 6.5 I used for a while although fast, seemed more in balance between balsa and fibre with better touch.