OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2017, 22:58 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Looking for a light blade more linear (less bouncy than my standard TSP balsa 4.5 and 5.0) I purchased a Trinity carbon a coupe of months ago, weighing about 66gm with anatomic grip. The anatomic grip is a bit thin which is probably why the weight is only 66gm so I added some tape.

Well it certainly does not play like a balsa blade being very linear and quite hard with little dwell - definitely the influence of the carbon. In my view not a great blade for spin manipulation soft loops etc. but more for direct attacking play. I tried it with medium hard rubbers on Forehand, but probably best with soft inverted rubbers to give some feel and dwell but also seems to go well with OX LP or thin sponge MP/SP for hitting, pushing is a strength as the ball stays low as do chops.

In the end I am going to stick to slower wood blades so it is for sale at a good price if any one is interested

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2018, 19:20 

Would anyone be able to compare the playing characteristics of this Trinity blade to the Nittaku Shake Defence?

Would the Trinity be a good blade for SP on forehand?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2018, 20:26 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
This blade is definitely on my list to try. I have a long standing tradition of copying off Alex's setup as we seem to have similar tastes in EQ and style :)

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 15:11 

FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi guys,

Im playing with Ox in my BH and inverted FH.I play close the table punc blocks, attacking with Ox and FH. Ox rubbers I have had Dtecs, 388d-1 and now is coming troublemaker ox. In Fh I have 1,8mm Golden Tango. I have use Barricade blade witch I have made smaller and samsonov purewood all+.
Im thinking how would this Trinity carbon be for me. Is too fast near the table opening from backspin and smashing? Im quite satisfied with my FH speed but I want more deception with my BH?

Regards

Soba

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 16:32 

Hi Soba,

I guess you play very much the same style like me, defending and attacking with LP (DTecs OX) plus FH attacking with inverted rubber. If you take a look at Page 2 in this forum, you will see me using Trinity Carbon in competitions. It should give you an idea how it plays!
The Trinity Carbon has good control. Would be better if it has a little bit more power!

Good luck guys!

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 21:51 

pingpongstephen wrote:
Hi Soba,

I guess you play very much the same style like me, defending and attacking with LP (DTecs OX) plus FH attacking with inverted rubber. If you take a look at Page 2 in this forum, you will see me using Trinity Carbon in competitions. It should give you an idea how it plays!
The Trinity Carbon has good control. Would be better if it has a little bit more power!

Good luck guys!

Wow that look very good. Not only push blocking. Good attacks and other shots too. Maybe I have to order one for me.
Thanks

PostPosted: 24 May 2019, 01:10 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
I think it has been discontinued a few years back. There may be a few still around but weights vary a lot. I had one about 68gm but found it hard and stiff with not much feel -better after sanding off the thick lacquer finish and lightly sealing.

A club member now uses it and finds it plays best with soft inverted rubbers e.g LKT rapid soft and Xiom Euro Df. Did try it with 802-40 1.5mm black and it was quite effective due to being linear.

PostPosted: 24 May 2019, 08:06 

I think you can still order from tablerennusshop. com. au from Australia

PostPosted: 24 May 2019, 21:50 

I just ordered Trinity from German. Cant wait...

PostPosted: 25 May 2019, 00:02 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Anyone looking for Trinity Carbon blades they are still available at the Ooak Table Tennis shop in Australia :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 25 May 2019, 01:40 

Gollum wrote:
Anyone looking for Trinity Carbon blades they are still available at the Ooak Table Tennis shop in Australia :clap:

I see that you use trinity carbon in 3 different setups. You have golden tango in FH. How do you compare Detecs,Dorneg and troublemaker?

Regards

Soba

PostPosted: 25 May 2019, 10:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
ChasFox wrote:
I think it has been discontinued a few years back.

It may be that TSP Germany (who supply Europe) has discontinued them, but TSP Japan certainly hasn't.

PostPosted: 25 May 2019, 13:49 
My Precious

Soba wrote:
Gollum wrote:

I see that you use trinity carbon in 3 different setups. You have golden tango in FH. How do you compare Detecs,Dorneg and troublemaker?

Regards

Soba

It took me a long time to find the Trinity Carbon blade but it is perfect for me. I like a very spiny FH rubber & I’ve found that with the Golden Tango 1.8mm & unlike all other inverted FH rubbers I’ve used in the past they seem to lose their spin fairly soon. I’ve had the Golden Tango for about a year now & it is still super spiny.
I do a lot of experimentation with my BH LP OX rubbers, often to my detriment. I used the D Tecs a fair while ago & was very pleased with it but listening to promotion hype I tried others with differing results.
A few months ago after going back successfully to the D Tecs I decided to stay with it but being my own worst enemy I experimented again with the Troublemaker. The Troublemaker for me is very similar to the D Tecs but slower with a nice low return but nowhere as much spin reversal.
Now my opponents are taking advantage of that shortfall I’ve successfully returned to the D Tecs :up: :clap:

PostPosted: 25 May 2019, 15:35 

Gollum wrote:
Soba wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Regards

Soba

It took me a long time to find the Trinity Carbon blade but it is perfect for me. I like a very spiny FH rubber & I’ve found that with the Golden Tango 1.8mm & unlike all other inverted FH rubbers I’ve used in the past they seem to lose their spin fairly soon. I’ve had the Golden Tango for about a year now & it is still super spiny.
I do a lot of experimentation with my BH LP OX rubbers, often to my detriment. I used the D Tecs a fair while ago & was very pleased with it but listening to promotion hype I tried others with differing results.
A few months ago after going back successfully to the D Tecs I decided to stay with it but being my own worst enemy I experimented again with the Troublemaker. The Troublemaker for me is very similar to the D Tecs but slower with a nice low return but nowhere as much spin reversal.
Now my opponents are taking advantage of that shortfall I’ve successfully returned to the D Tecs :up: :clap:

It looks that Im gonna have same set up. Trinity+Troublemaker or Detecs and Golden Tango. I have also tried so many long pips and sometimes my game is going worse because of that. Now our competition season is over and its time to make testing. There are 2 Ox rubbers I have liked most. Detecs and Dornenglanz. Dornenglanz had bad durability so now im gonna test troublemaker.

PostPosted: 25 May 2019, 20:47 
My Precious

Good luck "Soba" I will be interested to know how you get on, but one thing I'm confident in is that you will enjoy your Trinity Carbon experience :up: :*: :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next