OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2016, 15:51 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
I love lightweight slow Balsa blades with loads of control but with speed when you want to really despatch the ball. :* :clap: So imagine my surprise when trying a practising partners TSP Trinity Carbon blade with the following description:
The new Trinity Carbon Offensive + is a fantastic, 7-ply offensive blade. By using very high quality material, TSP ensures to get a unique feeling. The Carbon provides very good speed; the Balsa core supplies the necessary feeling. The blade, which was reported weighing approx. 85g instead this one weighed 65g 8) & it really suited my style giving me the control I desire with the carbon fibre giving it plenty of punch when required. :up: :party:
So Gollum the TT tragic yet again adds to his never ending blade collection. |( ;) :|

See the ball, be the ball...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 18:15 
My Precious

I've been practising regularly with this new setup & really warming to it so I decided that on the first night of this years Summer Competition I would use it & it worked out really well wining 2 games one in 3 sets & one in 5 with the 3rd losing in 5. So still a bit of work to do but really happy with the progress so far. :up: :clap: :D

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2017, 12:31 
My Precious

If you have read my post on my cataract surgery you would appreciate how this has severely set back the amount of TT I've been able to play but now that is sorting itself out I'm back practising with my new blade ( which I got just before my surgery) the TSP Trinity Carbon. :* :*
Now for me the pathetic Blade hoarder |( |( this one is very special, chop/blocking with my LP gives me incredible control & then explosive power when needed. 8)
In my opinion TSP Trinity Carbon is the little known jewel in the world of TT bats. :*: :up: :clap: :rock: :party:

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 16:03 
My Precious

I really like this blade! :up: :* :clap: 8) As a defensive LP chop/blocker reading the specs I would never have even thought it would be for me but as luck had it I tried a practise partners setup & I was really surprised how well it worked for me. :lol: :rock: & it continues to get better :*: :rofl:
As a blade of choice I reckon it has got under the radar of a lot of players! :?: ;)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 18:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm using this blade too now, and it certainly does have something special. The other special thing is the description relates very little to the performance of this blade. :oops: :lol:

Here is the description from TSP:
Quote:
TSP Trinity Carbon OFF+
The new Trinity Carbon OFF+ is a fantastic, 7-ply offensive blade. By using very high quality material, TSP ensures to get a unique feeling. The Carbon provides very good speed, the Balsa core supplies the necessary feeling. The blade, which weighs approx. 85g has especially been developed for players, who are playing from the half distance with topspins on both sides.

Characteristics:

7-ply, fantastic offensive blade for aggressive offensive players
Balsa-core and Carbon layers guarantee perfect playing abilities
Perfect for aggressive topspin players
Speed: ++++++
Control: ++
Handle Form: FL | AN | ST
Veneers: 7

The first bit I agree with... it's fantastic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
However the weight is much lower than 85g, it's around the 70g mark, which is the thing that first got my attention, as a blade that's meant to be OFF+ is rarely this fast, unless it's a 'fat' balsa blade. This blade thickness is pretty standard,, probably about 6.5mm.
The plies mentioned are Limba, Samba and Balsa. I suspect the outer layer is Samba, as I've not seen this before. The one below is probably limba, followed by the carbon layers, and an inner balsa layer. The balsa is not the real soft balsa that you find in other TSP blades or Re-impact blade, but relatively firm,

I'm currently using it with Victas 401 2.0mm black forehand and Spinlord Dornenglanz OX on backhand.

Looping is very good, as it seems to have good dwell time. Speed is probably around OFF- to OFF, until you hit really hard and engage the deep-laying carbon layer, making it a good OFF.

Blocking with the pimples is really good, which is where it excels. It takes the pace off really well, and gets great reversal, exactly what you want for the push/blocking style of the game.

I suspect it's the Samba outer ply that makes this blade special. It seems to be hard enough to give good reversal, but slow enough to take the pace off for passive blocking. For looping it behaves similar to composite looping blade, with a fairly soft feel.

I've yet to try it with a softer Tensor... ones I'd like to try is the Evolution EL-P, which I expect will work very well.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 18:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Here are a few pictures, you can find a few picture of the Trinity Carbon here.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017, 22:15 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
I bought one of these as they are on clearance at Bribar Sports (actually only the same price as OOAK shop but a tad closer) because I want to change to OX in the summer and didn't want to disturb my present set-up while the league is still running.

The blade looks well made although the straight handle feels on the narrow side for me. Weight out of the box was 74g. With rubbers it's 147gm which is 8g less than my Basalt (with 1mm sponge under the pimples).

I put Victas 401 2mm black on FH and Cropcircles Ox on the bh and had a few hits with it.

Initial impressions are very favourable. Probably about the same speed as the Basalt which is fast enough for an aggresive game but it seems to have a very large sweet spot which is forgiving of slightly miss hit shots and the control is excellent.

My biggest problem might be waiting until the league is finished to play matches with it...

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 15:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

mikea wrote:
I put Victas 401 2mm black on FH and Cropcircles Ox on the bh and had a few hits with it.

Wow, that's almost identical to mine, except I use Dornenglanz instead of Cropcircles.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 18:23 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
haggisv wrote:
mikea wrote:

Wow, that's almost identical to mine, except I use Dornenglanz instead of Cropcircles.

I've been using Victas rubbers for a while but so far have used 401 Limber and 402 Limber. I gave the new set up a run out last night and I have to say that I struggled with the forehand, although that I think is more to do with me getting less feel from the harder sponge. The backhand with Cropcircles Ox is a good match and felt very controlled while giving lots of reversal. It definitely has potential.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 18:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes if you're not used to hard sponges, it will be quite a change, because the 401 sponge is quite firm (although the topsheet is quite soft).

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 19:55 
My Precious

"Mikea”
I love the Victas 401 V but for me it’s not quite right for the TSP Trinity Carbon I use the Victas V > 01 Limber black 1.8mm on my FH :clap: but today I tried the new Joola Samba 1.8mm & it was fantastic. :rock: 8) :up: I think both rubbers are worth a serious look. :up: :*:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 21:09 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmm.. Somehow I was imagining three carbon layers.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 22:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I wonder how this compares to wsuc,have been looking for a carbon blade where the carbon Is next to the core for ox pips?

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 22:47 
My Precious

As you can see I have 3 Trinity Carbon blades & there finished weights are 131gms, 132gms & 135gms combine this with the great construction of plies gives me a perfect blade for my game. :clap: :rock: 8) :party: :*:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 23:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

And what might a "wsuc" be? :lol:

Iskandar