OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2017, 23:19 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
Gollum wrote:
"Mikea”
I love the Victas 401 V but for me it’s not quite right for the TSP Trinity Carbon I use the Victas V > 01 Limber black 1.8mm on my FH :clap: but today I tried the new Joola Samba 1.8mm & it was fantastic. :rock: 8) :up: I think both rubbers are worth a serious look. :up: :*:

Thanks - I have a sheeet of 402 Limber, which is very similar to 401 Limber so I'll try that and report back. You might want to try the Cropcircles in Ox (if you haven't already) if you play close to the table as it seems a good match to the blade for me.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 06:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
iskandar taib wrote:
And what might a "wsuc" be? :lol:

Iskandar

Sorry Isakander it`s a Waldner Senso Ultracarbon,don`t suppose you`ve seen one on Aliexpress :rofl:

Last edited by dazzler on 04 Mar 2017, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 12:58 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
mikea wrote:
Gollum wrote:
"Mikea”
I love the Victas 401 V but for me it’s not quite right for the TSP Trinity Carbon I use the Victas V > 01 Limber black 1.8mm on my FH :clap: but today I tried the new Joola Samba 1.8mm & it was fantastic. :rock: 8) :up: I think both rubbers are worth a serious look. :up: :*:

Thanks - I have a sheeet of 402 Limber, which is very similar to 401 Limber so I'll try that and report back. You might want to try the Cropcircles in Ox (if you haven't already) if you play close to the table as it seems a good match to the blade for me.

"Mikea" Yes I also play close to the table so you will love the Trinity but also have a look at the new release of the Joola Samba 1.8mm very impressive :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 15:46 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
Hi,

I'v never used a carbon blade, but from what I've read it will increase your sweet spot, stiffen the blade, but gives a "numb" feeling.
Is it a big jump to go from using all wood blades to one with carbon? Especially with ox pips?
How does it feel for you?

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 18:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Ehimle,I have been experimenting with this in practice with some success against players of similar level and slightly higher ,here are my observations:
set up 1:Wosik senso carbon fh T05 fx 1.9
bh Tibhar Grass ox(not De-Tecs)
This is a massive improvement for f/h offence coming from a slowish Def blade and allows me to score more against these players meaning I`m on the front foot more often,the stiffness means consistency.I tried the 388d which is more of reversing type pip but the carbon feel was too much with this ,but with the Grass the carbon feel is less and I can even chop ok.The feeling is not numb with this blade,maybe that's the Senso and I can feel some vibrations on attacking strokes and a slight flex

set up 2:Yin-He t2 fh t05fx 1.9
bh 388d ox
The Wosik is a heavy blade so I put the rubbers on the t2 and this is a really light set up.The t2 is hard, stiffer,faster and I sanded back the throat to gain a little flex.The first forehand and wow this is like a rocket but still easy to control , the offence is even better and there is nice feedback from the blade.Surprisingly the 388d worked better on this blade and I can pushblock with more reversal/effects than my def blade gives and chops are ok too.I didn`t expect this because the Hinoki is a really thin top ply and the carbon very stiff and hard compared to the Wosik :o.I didn`t have time to test the Grass on the t2 but that could be the dream ticket.
So far it has been very interesting and not problematic coming from a def blade ,however matchplay is different to practice and that will be the acid test

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2017, 23:58 
My Precious

Ehimle wrote:
Hi,

I'v never used a carbon blade, but from what I've read it will increase your sweet spot, stiffen the blade, but gives a "numb" feeling.
Is it a big jump to go from using all wood blades to one with carbon? Especially with ox pips?
How does it feel for you?

“Ehimle” My blade before this was a Re-Impact Smart which has a much softer feel but nowhere near the power when you hit it hard. :?: I found the conversion from the Smart to the Trinity Carbon was effortless with most of its features being very similar except it is crisper with even more control & explosive power when you attacked. :clap: 8)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 01:26 

Gollum and dazzler, thanks for the responses.
I recently switched my main blade from a slow def to an allround blade.
Although the difference in speed isn't drastic, it was noticeable especially with my forehand.

Thats why a thought of the carbon has me interested.
But I don't like balsa, and the t-2 looks a little fast.
I'm thinking a t-6,t-7, or maybe a w-1 as an somewhat inexpensive dip of the toe into carbon waters.

Anyways, thanks for the advice. More is always welcome.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 12:06 
My Precious

Gollum wrote:
I really like this blade! :up: :* :clap: 8) As a defensive LP chop/blocker reading the specs I would never have even thought it would be for me but as luck had it I tried a practise partners setup & I was really surprised how well it worked for me. :lol: :rock: & it continues to get better :*: :rofl:
As a blade of choice I reckon it has got under the radar of a lot of players! :?: ;)

"Ehimle" As I have already posted the TSP Trinity Carbon is very special & think you should have a look at it. :up:

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 15:39 

The biggest issue I've had with balsa is how I play with my backhand. Any aggressive pushes and punches, which I love to do, seems cause a floating ball, often right off the table. When, with a typical wood blade, it tends to sink or be very linear, depending if its against top or backspin. Does the carbon give it linearity?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2017, 20:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The Trinity is far more linear, very little 'balsa effect' at all. I think because the balsa is the very inner layers, and is underneath two other plies + a carbon layer, so it has much less effect.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 01:50 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
I said earlier I'd report back when I had changed the FH rubber to 2mm Victas 402 and on the basis that actions speak louder than words I played two league matches with it this week and won 6/6 singles.

I would have expected to have won four at least* but in truth all six were loseable so I'm happy with the six wins. Also the change of blade has been accompanied by a switch from 1mm sponge under the long pips to OX and that still needs some adjustment.

Bottom line is that the TSP Trinity Carbon seems like a keeper. :)

*Five of the wins were "unexpected" according to the new TT365 rankings so my expectations are out of line with TT365 apparently :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 09:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Well done mikea! :rock: :rock: :rock:

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2017, 14:13 

TSP Trinity Carbon Brief Review

I used the TSP Trinity Carbon blade (paired with Tibhar DTecs OX on BH and Xiom Sigma Pro II on FH) in the recent October 2017 Australia National Veterans Championship. Won some and lost some. At the end of the day, the failure is due more to myself and not the blade.
Anyway, I like to share some of my thoughts:

- I agreed with Gollum on Ooak Forum that it is a gem that not many players are aware of its existence.

- Its in-expensive and lightweight, mine is 76 gm. Hope Tabletennishop will bring in more lighter ones. Surprising that Gollum can get one of 65 gm. This will certainly be advantageous for heavy FH rubbers nowadays. Only thing that I don't like is its FL handle. I have to wrap it with tennis wraps to
make it feel like ST.

- Other thing that I like is its thin, around 6.5 mm with sufficient power when required. To me, it feels like OFF- to OFF. Definitely, it is not OFF+.

- It is a 7-ply blade having very unique design, Limba, Samba, Balsa and Carbon with medium hard feel.

- It is very controllable in defense and attack with ease. I am able to LP OX chop, hit, block and FH hit and sometimes control loop with no problem. Being thin, it is easy for twiddling which I need to practice more. Though FH is a bit lack of power, I guess it should be overcome by selection of proper rubbers and swinging more. To me, Xiom Xigma Pro II is not very good on this blade. I tried Victas 401 1.8 mm and Victas V 402 1.8 mm, Xiom Asia DF, Xiom Japan, they appear quite good. V401 is pretty heavy, 60 gm plus...
I wonder how Joola Samba Tech performs as Gollum on Ooak said its amazing!

- I will keep the blade as my main weapon and will explore more of its merits!

- I have a video of myself playing with TSP Trinity Carbon and Tibhar DTecs OX, though I am not well performed, at least you guys should have a feel of how it performs in general before buying.
It can be purchased from http://www.tabletennishop.com.au in SA! Hope you enjoy the sharing!

Cheers
PingpongStephenTai :) :) :)

Last edited by pingpongstephen on 01 Nov 2017, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2017, 19:23 
Super User

Blade review aside, great attacks with the long pips Stephen. You mix attacks and defense very well with your pips. Love your style ;)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2017, 20:19 

Thanks TTBuddy for your compliment!

As a LP OX player, I believe that we just can't expect to win by defense like using LP to do push blocking, chop blocking or pure chopping. We must mix up with some forms of attacking and other strokes, otherwise we will just be demolished by higher-grade opponents.

I like to launch FH attack by using LP OX hitting/rolling as a setup. I am still in a learning curve and take time to do even better!

I am influenced by many LP players like Fukuhara Ai, Fukuoka Haruna, Deng Yaping, Fabian Akerstrom, Ruwen Filus, Wang Xi, Joo Se Hyuk, Sebastian Sauer and many others. I wont miss learning from good LP players. Hopefully, I can induce some of their skills into mine. Hope dreaming may come true one day! Haha....

Cheers
PingpongStephenTai :) :) :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next