OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2022, 17:53 

Dear friends if you have the time and will so please comment :) ( even if it sounds just like one more noob equipment junkie)

The blades I’ve struggling to choose between are:

Nittaku accustic ( or inner carbon large handle )

Nittaku mimo Ito carbon

Andrò Wanokiwami ren off

Xiom Vega tour

I have over the years tried many blades but Before I was too focused on the speed. I still want a off blade but now the control and ”forgiveness” is the important thing also spin

Which one would you choose and why?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2022, 00:11 
Super User

What have you tried before? What did you like or not like about each?

What exactly are you looking for in the next one?

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2022, 18:07 

I have had:
Stiga carbonado 145,245,290
Ma long 5x
Timo boll zlc
Omar Assar
Hurricane 301
Stiga dynasty carbon
Victas fire fall VC

Never tried any Nittaku blade or andrò blade or Xiom blade.

Now I want more control blade but with decent speed.

Actually my favorite of these blades are Carbonado 245 which I definitely think is the fastest Stiga blade I’ve tried.

But with time wisdom sometimes appears. So I’m looking for a blade with high control but still quite fast. Any suggestions are more than welcome:)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2022, 19:29 

I think you should be paying more attention to blade composition rather than punting on specific blade models.

I don’t think there is any obvious similarities between any of the blades you are looking at, so hence it’s logical there won’t be many people who have extensively tested all 4 unless they are a massive EJ with very deep pockets.

I for example with the plastic ball keep to a relatively narrow range which I know I like: 7 ply, ~6mm, Kiri core, arylate carbon type composite, crisp feeling. For celluloid it was: pure carbon, thick hinoki, ~7mm, soft feel.
Hence, it has been easier for me to find information between blades as others are also testing within similar parameters.

There’s not much information on Wanokiwami Ren so this blade would be a complete stab in the dark. Yes, if this happens to become your holy grail then great, however I suspect even if it is, you’ll always be looking for something “better”. So best to avoid this one unless you have a club mate that can lend to you to test.

Acoustic: OFF- 5 ply do it all blade with great feeling due to the vibration/sensations it gives out. Limba-Limba-Tung Tree (close or same as Kiri). It paired really well with Rakza Z on backhand, so any hybrid tacky would work well I suspect. Was quite popular a couple of years ago you may find people still using this, though most serious players I know have transitioned to Long V or Innerforce.

Mima Ito Carbon: See Acoustic Carbon. I suspect you will find familiarity with one of the Carbonado blades you have tested already. Limba outer, softer feeling carbon, 7 ply.

Xiom Vega Tour: I recommend you not look at this one seeing you have not played with a Kiso Hinoki outer plied blade yet. Hinoki is a very unique wood in that it is soft, stiff and has a tremendous catapult effect the thicker the ply.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!