OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

Victas Yuto Muramatsu
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30863
Page 1 of 3

Author:  manofan [ 14 Jan 2017, 03:05 ]
Post subject:  Victas Yuto Muramatsu

Hey,
look the new Victas Blade.
yuto Muramatsu Pro model..
Attachment:
2017-01-09_10-14-25.jpg
2017-01-09_10-14-25.jpg [ 125.55 KiB | Viewed 4407 times ]

Author:  ilikepie [ 14 Jan 2017, 04:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

I like the handle- nice and simple. Reminiscent of the old Matsushita and Shibutani Pro models.

The secondary plies look like Koto. The outer plies also look very, very thin- Especially since the blade is only 6mm thick. I wonder how it will play?

Author:  Pipsy [ 14 Jan 2017, 05:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

I want it! :devil: :oops: :x

Author:  ludo [ 14 Jan 2017, 07:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

From Victas:
http://victas-jp.com/product/brades/detail/?id=90

Google translation:

Yuuto Muramatsu, a gear that combines super attack and cut
Youth Olympics silver medalist Mr. Yuuto Muramatsu has been trying to raise further levels by seeking the battlefield from Europe in 2016. A new "Yuto Muramatsu" racket is held on its right hand. By using white mahogany wood on the surface, it is a gear that increases the establishment of the attack strength of a single shot, while emphasizing the control of the cut defense. The answer to the new Muramatsu victory equation is this racket.

[Muramatsu sound]
Material: 5 sheets wood
Weight: 93G ±
Made In Japan


Looks like a whiter version of the VKMO!
Same weight, size, thickness and wood plies...

Author:  pgpg [ 14 Jan 2017, 07:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

ludo wrote:
From Victas:
http://victas-jp.com/product/brades/detail/?id=90

Google translation:

Yuuto Muramatsu, a gear that combines super attack and cut
Youth Olympics silver medalist Mr. Yuuto Muramatsu has been trying to raise further levels by seeking the battlefield from Europe in 2016. A new "Yuto Muramatsu" racket is held on its right hand. By using white mahogany wood on the surface, it is a gear that increases the establishment of the attack strength of a single shot, while emphasizing the control of the cut defense. The answer to the new Muramatsu victory equation is this racket.

[Muramatsu sound]
Material: 5 sheets wood
Weight: 93G ±
Made In Japan


Looks like a lighter JSH blade to me :)


These Google translations have certain charm to them... I'm a bit puzzled by 'hold in your right hand' requirement, though. :?:

How much lighter than JSH?

Author:  ludo [ 14 Jan 2017, 07:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

pgpg wrote:
ludo wrote:
From Victas:
http://victas-jp.com/product/brades/detail/?id=90

Google translation:

Yuuto Muramatsu, a gear that combines super attack and cut
Youth Olympics silver medalist Mr. Yuuto Muramatsu has been trying to raise further levels by seeking the battlefield from Europe in 2016. A new "Yuto Muramatsu" racket is held on its right hand. By using white mahogany wood on the surface, it is a gear that increases the establishment of the attack strength of a single shot, while emphasizing the control of the cut defense. The answer to the new Muramatsu victory equation is this racket.

[Muramatsu sound]
Material: 5 sheets wood
Weight: 93G ±
Made In Japan


Looks like a lighter JSH blade to me :)


These Google translations have certain charm to them... I'm a bit puzzled by 'hold in your right hand' requirement, though. :?:

How much lighter than JSH?


Actually, I edited my post... Looks extremely similar to the VKMO except Victas uses white wood plies.
JSH is usually close to 100g :(

Author:  ludo [ 14 Jan 2017, 08:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

Image
Image

Who is going to order it to find out?
Eric? ;)

Author:  Danthespearton HQ [ 14 Jan 2017, 09:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

So, is anyone going to compare it to the VKMO?

Author:  Eric Fountain [ 14 Jan 2017, 10:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

Well, OFF- is good, not enough oversize blades with speed out there. Is it wishful thinking or does the handle look a little wider than VKMO? I'm still very happy with Spinlord Ultra Carbon DEF but if the handle doesn't suck then I'm sure I will get this at some point.

Author:  ludo [ 14 Jan 2017, 10:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

Eric Fountain wrote:
Well, OFF- is good, not enough oversize blades with speed out there. Is it wishful thinking or does the handle look a little wider than VKMO? I'm still very happy with Spinlord Ultra Carbon DEF but if the handle doesn't suck then I'm sure I will get this at some point.


VKMO and YM handles have the same size according to Victas: 100x23mm
I really doubt that the YM's handle will feel as thick as your Spinlord's.
Would be interesting to read some reviews of this "new" blade.

Author:  Danthespearton HQ [ 14 Jan 2017, 14:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

How doesit compare to the Joo Sae Hyuk and VKMO? Just out of curiosity.

Author:  ludo [ 14 Jan 2017, 18:20 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

Danthespearton wrote:
How doesit compare to the Joo Sae Hyuk and VKMO? Just out of curiosity.


No one knows.
I don't think it's available yet.

Author:  echelon [ 24 Jan 2017, 11:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

Danthespearton wrote:
How doesit compare to the Joo Sae Hyuk and VKMO? Just out of curiosity.

VKMO is slightly slower, softer, and lighter than JSH.
I dare to say overall feel is so similar.

Author:  ludo [ 24 Jan 2017, 13:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

echelon wrote:
Danthespearton wrote:
How doesit compare to the Joo Sae Hyuk and VKMO? Just out of curiosity.

VKMO is slightly slower, softer, and lighter than JSH.
I dare to say overall feel is so similar.


She/he is asking about the new Victas Yuto Muramatsu blade.
I play with VKMO but the JSH is insanely heavy and fast.

Author:  leatherback [ 25 Jan 2017, 00:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Victas Yuto Muramatsu

This blade is going to be identical to VKMO....it the same thickness, Same wood, same outer ply. The only difference is that they have bleached the outer ply to a lighter colour.

There is going to be a flood of reviews with different perspectives about which blade is faster slower harder softer etc etc etc. Let's just remember that even amongst the SAME blade there is great differences in feel and speed due to weight fluctuations.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/