OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2017, 03:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

☆hit'n'giggle☆ wrote:

"Strongpong"???? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30547

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 09:16 

Theadvancedstudent wrote:
The rosewood VII seems like a legit paddle but seems awfully stiff and fast for loopers doesn't it? Unless you're a fast and mid to short looper I suppose. Typically I'm a long distance looper with alot of dwell time, spin and movement.
I thought the same thing!!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 09:18 

Red wrote:
Rakza7, SZLC blade and coming from Carbo7?!

I just had 2 new guys at the club, one with a premade Dunlop Evolution 3000 and another one with a Butterfly C-Pen and Rakza-rubbers on it (I didn't look closely but it is the expensive stuff).
First guy did not give much spin on the ball but had very good reactions and was nearly immune against spin. He enjoyed playing against stronger players and was able to retrieve even good topspin balls coming on him.
The other one had trouble just to get the ball on the table, they flew off most of the time so he tried to just touch the ball very softly. He did give spin on the balls and reacted well first but he wasn't able to read or understand spin returning back to him.
Or, to make a long story short: The more advanced material did turn out to be a huge disadvantage.

So, going for a pre-assembled racket based on W6, M8, N11 or whatever with 729, Corbor, BLutenkirsche coming at a total less than a single Rakza-rubber will definitely be the better choice.

And before buying one of these expensive SZLC-blades I'd go with Yinhe T8s anyway. But since I am a one-winged killer using a spikey shield on the backhand I'm fine with the Palio TCT.
Yeah i know it's quite a step up but like i said i feel like a higher quality blade will really up my game

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 20:01 
I am Legend
I am Legend

The rosewood VII seems like a legit paddle but seems awfully stiff and fast for loopers doesn't it? Unless you're a fast and mid to short looper I suppose. Typically I'm a long distance looper with alot of dwell time, spin and movement.

Did you just quote and reply to yourself?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 20:06 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Yeah i know it's quite a step up but like i said i feel like a higher quality blade will really up my game

I've always felt that rubbers make a bigger difference esp for feel/spin/touch. Could be just me.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2017, 21:15 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955

Your biggest disadvantage is you're not listening. Blades and rubbers mentioned so far by members are good up to exquisite.
If you define quality as part of a price-tag you're wrong. Players like Zhang-Jike do not need to buy their expensive stuff and there's quite a chance they even wouldn't use some of it unless they get paid for it. It's the base that has to spend money on that stuff while they never will reach anywhere near that level.
You should be aware that you'll have to change rubbers 2-3 times a year, due to rubbers wearing off and not because there's something better or more advanced out there.

My setup costs $35 more or less and I'm going to get into the top 5 of the club this year, that is national-level. I may use a setup at the $50-60 range in 2018 but that will be seen once we're there - it's useless to think much about it yet.
I know a quite good player in Germany, Peter Igel, who is using Imperial W.Lieck with Imperial SuperStrike and Butterfly SuperAnti for as long as I can think. It's highly unlikely he'd be any better with more advanced material.

My setup suits me and my style and I'm confident with it. That is the most important factor.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2017, 02:00 

Silver wrote:

Did you just quote and reply to yourself?

At least the guy did not object to himself :rock: :clap: :lol: