OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: JSH vs CWX blade
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2017, 18:05 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
One rally from yesterday's tournament. I am on the 2. table against the guy in the green shirt.

The whole match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSQkZhbTwUs

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 18:05 
Super User

I tried C&F 1.0 and P1r 0.5 (again). C&F has very little dwell time on JSH, so you can't add much spin. Like Pipsy said in other thread, it lacks control and that is gonna cost you points in real games.

P1r is the opposite of C&F. With P1r you must be very active and do all kind of swipes all the times like windmill. With C&F you don't have time or grip to do anything.

Practise games with P1r went well as I won them. As expected, I dumped quite a few balls in the net and some other I popped up against underspin. There was unique disturbance with P1r, as with my usual equipment I give mostly fastish floaters. With P1r you can get serious side spin and short balls. Pure chopping was joy with P1r if you go low enough and chop the bottom of the ball and not the back, I could get great spin. Even in 0.5 P1r takes steem off well from hard loops.

And intrestingly, when you play with P1r, you become automatically more chopper like player in both sides, as you forced to make full chopping moves and to take lower stance.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 23:32 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Roy wrote:

And intrestingly, when you play with P1r, you become automatically more chopper like player in both sides, as you forced to make full chopping moves and to take lower stance.

I tend to agree with that.

I chop way more...it really kind of puts you in that chopper position for whatever reason. With more ox or slippery pips, I tend to hang at the table more and attack more. I also tend to attack with the Pips more... What I don't like is push blocking too much...and P-1R makes me act more active even though I'm at distance.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 20:02 
Super User

I weighted JSH and it is 102g. CWX is around 85g. CWX is 171g with Tenergy+Sanwei Code 1.0. JSH with same rubbers is 188g, which is borderline too heavy, partly because of lond head adds momentum. At least wristy flips are hard to do.

Saturday I will play tournament and I will propably play with CWX, as I do too many easy mistakes with JSH. BH is just too fast. :( The FH in JSH is in many ways better than CWX, as I can play way more direct and make shots that are impossible with CWX. On the other hand, slower speed of CWX is just more forgiving.

I think that thicker and slower sponged grippy pips in the BH and maybe softer and lighter rubber in the FH are needed to tame the JSH. :o

(Another thread on the subject I missed... viewtopic.php?t=25454&p=271534 )

Post subject: Re: JHS vs CWX blade
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 21:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Roy wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
Have you tried any other defensive blades to compare the CWX to?

Hadraw Shield
Kim Kyung Ah
Innershield ZLF
Victas KM
Xiom Aigis
Def Play

I'm waiting for my hadraw shield with LP to arrive. I had used one at the club to test and liked it enough to buy one. The EJ impulse is strong though! I'm not sure if I need to go after the CWX or save the $$...!!!

I have played long time with Defplay and old Matsushita pro. They are slower and flexier than CWX. CWX is quite cheap blade.

Did you like the defplay ? i have 2 but im playing with a cut down grubba pro at the moment

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 22:21 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
Did you like the defplay ? i have 2 but im playing with a cut down grubba pro at the moment

I liked Defplay with old ball, with Rakza 7 and ox pips. With new ball Rakza 7 felt slippery and T05+Defplay was slow and too high throw. I don't think I am going back with Defplay.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2017, 00:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Roy wrote:
peterpong wrote:

I liked Defplay with old ball, with Rakza 7 and ox pips. With new ball Rakza 7 felt slippery and T05+Defplay was slow and too high throw. I don't think I am going back with Defplay.

cheers .

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017, 20:20 
Super User

Some observations.

1. Dtecs ox chops really stable with JSH, some good blocks, but quite fast.

2. P1r 1.0 chopped really well with JSH (much better than with CWX) with dangerous variations. Other shots than chop were a problem ;( Some players just play with little spin and I was in trouble. Maybe I try to go for this combination in the summer...

3. T64 did not feel good with JSH, not the rubber for me.

4. Older sheets of T05 feel too hard and ungrippy. With CWX T05 feels very different, much mushier. JSH is more difficult to play with less control.

5. I need lighter FH rubber with JSH as the blade is way too heavy with 1.0 pips.

6. I have clearly more control with CWX than with JSH - both from FH and BH side.

7. For now I returned to CWX, control is suberb from both side.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!