OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sanwei M8
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017, 01:12 

Blade: Yinhe Pro-01
FH: Reactor Tornado V5
BH: YiXing 999
Yenda wrote:
Thank you for your answers. Finally I have ordered Yinhe E-3 VB. I will write something about that while receive it.

Good choice. It is a slow blade with lots of control. More like a Euro looping blade. It does have a soft feel that you might enjoy.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 16:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yenda wrote:
Thank you for your answers. Finally I have ordered Yinhe E-3 VB. I will write something about that while receive it.

Did you receive it yet? :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 23:05 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Found a Sanwei catalogue if anyone interested.

https://issuu.com/sanweisport/docs/2016_______pdf

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 04:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh goodness. What a find! Not just the 2016 Sanwei catalog (I actually have the paper version, got it at the WTTC last year) but there's also the Stiga, Butterfly and Andro catalogs. Start browsing the Stiga catalog and a bunch more appear at the bottom, under "Similar To". Donic, earlier Butterfly, Yasaka, Dandoy, Thornton, ShopPing.BE (seems to be in French). Further down, a couple rows of weird magazines I've never heard of. ("Crack"? :lol: ) Will look at it more tomorrow.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 12:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

By the way.. the Sanwei catalog is also on their web site:

http://www.sanweisport.com/english/?page_id=51

One nice thing is that there is a lot of English in it (unlike the Yinhe catalog). The 2015 catalog is on there also, you can compare the two. Sanwei really makes big changes to their lineup from year to year.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017, 04:43 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
iskandar taib wrote:
I want to try this stuff:

What is it? Some craft foam I found at the local Art Friend. Ever since I read about that - what was the brand - Air - they sell a "sponge" that's really foam - I've been wanting to try this. Drawback is it only comes in 2mm - I wonder if I'll go over the 4mm thickness limit. Ah well, it's just for Weekend Social Doubles... :lol: The green sheet is slightly thinner than the pink, so I'll use the green. I anticipate this stuff will be DEAD... we'll see how it works. :devil:

Have you tried the craft foam yet?

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 07:37 

iskandar taib wrote:
Yenda wrote:

Did you receive it yet? :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

Dear Iskandar,
sorry for the delay. Since it is my first "real" bat I didn't know what to write about it. But now after some time I have wrote some short review.
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32174

Regards Yenda

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 10:06 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
My daughter has had a few Sanwei M8 bats, and I keep one of the bats in my bag as a spare. It has a fairly standard-level tensor combo of a well-used Fastarc G1 and a lightly-used Omega IV Elite on it.

Last night one of the coaches (multiple Olympian) asked if I had a bat he could borrow, as he'd only brought his pimpled bat for coaching. I dug out the M8.

When the coach returned the bat, he said it might be the best one he's used in the last 12 months. I know it's very subjective, but that's a pretty good indication of how nice the M8 is to use.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2019, 11:14 
Super User

Isk, Your much loved and recommended M8 now endorsed by a multiple Olympian :up: :bow: :dance:

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2019, 03:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Not terribly surprised... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2019, 09:52 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
What's the difference between regular M8 and the new version ??

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3263642 ... b201603_55

Why don't they have a straight handle?

Maybe you know !! :rock: ..... Have you used M8 with pips? ..... It seems some blades have different weight from 70 to 80 grs ....

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 03:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

As far as I can tell, the old "red square" version and the new "Junior" version are the same. The only difference is the printing, and the color of the handle (they've been through four or five different colors for the handle). Admittedly only my first one is a "red square" - all my other ones have the "Junior" printing. Yeah, like all blades, weights vary - I think my lightest one is 71 or 72 grams, my heaviest (which came from Eacheng) was maybe 82 or 83. I like light blades, so I prefer the lighter ones (just realized how silly this sentence sounds.. :lol: ). I'm going to use the heavier ones for hardbat, or long pips. Yeah, they only make the shakehands version with a flared handle - this, I think, is true for about 99% of all Chinese blades that I've seen. Maybe because flared handles are what attacking players in China use (the exceptions are the few chopping blades like the Yinhe LQ-1 and Sword 309, which are ONLY available with the ST handle!). I suppose if you wanted a M8 with a straight handle it shouldn't be terribly difficult to convert one, given some woodworking tools (or get a woodworking friend to do it). I suppose you could also approximate a straight handle with (a lot of) grip tape or Gaffer's tape...

I've recently come across these blades in Chinese Penhold, interestingly enough they're printed with the "red square", so I suspect they're old (probably sat around in the back of the factory store room before being discovered), though they have the "new" blue handle.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32769304398.html

Have I put long pips on them? Yes, several. The latest experiment has been with 563, I played something like 13 or 14 games with it last week, and to my surprise it didn't mess up my game too much. As far as evaluating it for long pips use, though.. that's beyond me since I don't play with pips as a general rule, and long pips (as opposed to medium) makes me play very badly... I'd just say if you want to see if it works just buy one and try it.. cost wouldn't be the reason NOT to.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 04:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

hangdog wrote:
Have you tried the craft foam yet?

Just noticed this.. :lol: Yes, I tried it a couple years back. Problem was the thinnest I could get was 2mm, and, well, I could handle it as well as I could long pips with conventional 2mm sponge, which was not at all.. :lol:

I've since gotten some 1mm (or was it 0.5mm) art foam from (where else?) AliExpress, so it's due for another try. I'm also getting a couple of 0.5mm sheets of something I've been calling "Uncle foam" - it's for use in my other hobby (making model airplanes - in this case small rubber powered models). It's more akin to styrofoam than rubber, maybe it'll make a good energy absorber. Of course, all this is illegal according to Igor.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose I'm not really that motivated to try it, since I'm not a long pips blocker and am not really looking for the ultimate in long pips chop-blocking rubber.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 06:49 

Blade: 729 1060 all raquet
FH: 729
BH: 729
sanwei m8 -- soft blade
sanwei m7 --medium hard blade

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 05:02 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Isk, thank you for the great reply.I like experimenting with cheap tt material from time to time.For the moment my Grubba all + , Globe 979 / DG is working at its best :) .

However,I always try to have alternative setups in case the blade breaks-in fact the Grubba is weak indeed - or have a special setup against pips players . It does sound the M8 could work great with pips.

I wonder if you could test the M8 with lps and report your findings here . I know you are not a lp player but as you mentioned you could use the HEAVIER M8 for lps, then, when you do so, you could share your experience here?

thank you!!

I also like the fact that the M8 may come in 70 / 72 grams :) . You are so right advising people with cheap stuff, as on many occasions the expensive material is just hype .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next