OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 14:34 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
The Joola Air Fibre & the Joola Air Carbon the new light weight moisture extracted 4mm & 5mm Balsa core Blades. :clap:
With 59-60gs for the Air Fibre & 71-72gs for the Air Carbon they look mouth watering. :?:
I wondered whether if anyone has tried either of the blades yet if so could you give the forum some feedback please? :*: :up: 8)

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 15:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What playing style would these be suitable for? They're on tabletennis11 already, fairly pricy. EUR 90 and EUR 107 if you don't sweat the cents.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 16:39 
My Precious

"iskandar taib", you're right they are pricey, I love light weight & Balsa & up until last year have used Re-Impact blades until I found TSP Trinity Carbon which really well & which I probably stay with because all this equipment is a money pit. But very I'm intrigued by the description of the weight, the plies & mainly the process used in making the product. :?:

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 16:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think it's the guaranteed weight that would add to the price significantly. I've checked a few of these blades in our shop, and the weight is indeed spot on!

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2017, 17:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Again, though, what style would these be best for? They're balsa blades, so I take it not mid-distance looping...

Guaranteed weight would mean strict wood selection, probably easier for balsa than for other woods because merchants already grade by weight. You'd buy billets in a weight range and weigh each one before you decide to use it. People building gas tankers like relatively heavy wood, people building model airplanes for competition often want very light wood.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 09:58 
My Precious

Gentlemen thank you both for your replies but going back to my original enquiry :^) when someone tries either or both could you please give your opinion on them thank you. :clap:

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2020, 22:33 

Hello
has anyone tried Joola Air Carbon?
How is respect Butterfly X5?

BH: Spinlab Caronte

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2020, 06:34 

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
It's a good blade. Light but the top veneers are not paper thin so it is quite solid. Definitely the nicest balsa blade I've ever had.

What's on your mind?