OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2017, 13:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmmm...

http://en.swordtt.com/

No sign of the 309 anywhere - I wrote to them and asked, but no reply yet. Some of the blades seem to share the 309's shape (which - who was it? found so unpleasant).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2017, 19:02 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sword-3 ... 258b&tpp=1

Back in stock?

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 12:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh COOL... Will order one right now. (15% off for the next 3 hours..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2017, 12:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Mine arrived last Friday, so I put a sheet of 388D-1 (OX) and Reactor Corbor on it and tried it at Social Doubles this last weekend. Interesting - definitely a great deal easier to chop with than any of the other blades I have, and yet it's fast enough that I can loop with it. Didn't have trouble adapting to it (at least on the forehand side), the problem was re-adapting to my usual M8 + MX-P setup afterwards. The long pips? Well, it behaved like long pips do - I could chop the occasional topspin drive that came to my backhand side with it, but as expected, I popped a few pushes high and blocked a few balls into the net. I could put away high balls with it, though. Maybe one day I'll put another sheet of inverted on the backhand and see how it plays.

As to the "wings"... I think this bat is meant to be held pretty low on the handle, if you follow EmRatThich's advice about resting your thumb on the flat at the top of the handle. Held this way, the web doesn't seem to protrude too much. If you hold the blade higher (i.e. you put your thumb on the rubber), then I can see why some might want to shave down the "wings".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2017, 15:51 

I just received it today ordered via Aliexpress.
At first glance, it is a high quality blade.
The factory seal has been well done on the blade.
Size : 160 x 155 mm. quite a lil bit smaller than most defensive blade from Japanese brand and the wing of the handle long toward the handle which some will like most won’t.
Knock ball on the bare blade it gave the very soft feel with little flexible and some hollow feel (remind me of Kim Kyung Ah blade with a bit faster).
I will pair it with Yinhe Mars II and Butterfly Tackifire Chop and we'll see how this beast perform.

Cheers,

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2017, 21:39 

So, does it suit 0X better than sponged? Or vice versa? I have a used one in the mail. Planning to use neptune .7mm LP.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2017, 23:07 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
[youku][/youku]
j2sip wrote:
So, does it suit 0X better than sponged? Or vice versa? I have a used one in the mail. Planning to use neptune .7mm LP.

It suits both OX and Sponged pips, I feel like too thick (more than 1.3mm) is not good on the blade feel-wise to me. This is with dead type sponges common in pips and Chinese rubbers. Kind of hollow or mushy...or both.

Feels good with thick tensors (and tenergy). But if you are using a dead sponge, you'll want thinner sponge.

Giant Dragon Meteorite and P-1R in 0.5mm was to me the best fit feel-wise than anything in OX meteorite, Dornenglanz, C and F III in OX, but that's a personal thing. You may like it. The outers were relatively soft and dampening, which felt nice with the OX. In terms of performance, OX performed as good on this blade as they did on anything else with small adjustments from me. I'd be playing it still but I destroyed my bat on a particularly stupid tomahawk chop, and rather than ordering yet another blade I just used the blades I had sitting around...

Moving forward once I destroy all current setups, I will likely return to this because it's so cheap and just as good as anything else...assuming the consistency is somewhat close (I have had trouble with Chinese made cheap blades)

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2017, 13:49 

Thank you for the reply.

I'm using LKT rapid sound at the moment (with CWX def blade). The medium soft sponge really goes well with the hard feeling CWX. By dead sponge you mean Chinese? I'll never go back to Chinese tacky for forehand again (though, I cut my teeth in TT with them). I have c&f 0x, meteorite, cropcircles to test. But how about dawei 388D? Or the blocking LP type?

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 02:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Japsican wrote:
Moving forward once I destroy all current setups, I will likely return to this because it's so cheap and just as good as anything else...assuming the consistency is somewhat close (I have had trouble with Chinese made cheap blades)

Given what it costs, and availability as of late - I'd buy one or two while you can still get them... :lol: Not guaranteed they'll still be available a year or two from now, when you want them.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 04:05 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
j2sip wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

I'm using LKT rapid sound at the moment (with CWX def blade). The medium soft sponge really goes well with the hard feeling CWX. By dead sponge you mean Chinese? I'll never go back to Chinese tacky for forehand again (though, I cut my teeth in TT with them). I have c&f 0x, meteorite, cropcircles to test. But how about dawei 388D? Or the blocking LP type?

It blocks well with OX, and chops well too. I liked the feeling as I said. I played C&F, 388D in OX, and Meteorite with sponge. I still feel like the thin sponged Meteorite was the best on this blade, but the OX was nice too. I also tried Saviga V OX. It was eh.

Keep in mind, I'm more of a chopper, but I play kind of in-between at times....a lot of bumping against underspin. I think I preferred the 388D over the C&F3. But...it's all relative. You'll like it for OX.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 15:26 

Trainning and match for 8 hrs.
Speed I say around ALL, with soft, dead feeling, flat trajectory and dampening. However, due to its softness it can generate enormous spin. Worth for price per quality.
I also sanded the wing down because I did not comfort with its handle.
I wish to have it in bigger head size and in FL handle, sadly it come only ST.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 13:28 

Quite good with hard chinese rubbers! Very good to loop with. Really good for LP chopping because of its softness also decent for LP blocking (I prefer hard top ply for blocking). I love this blade! (I don't have that many blades :D)

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!