OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 08:36 
Super User

Blade: AfroBro Custom
FH: Rasanter R53
BH: Vega X
Hi all!

This is a weird one for me to explain, and I hold my hands up here and admit my ignorance. I know nothing about balsa blades that are suitable for long pips use.

Anyway, a clubmate of mine has used a Schütt balsa Allround blade for many, many years with 729 tackspeed and giant dragon long. It's falling apart and he wants to get another, but it's an old and pretty obscure blade so we're struggling. I had a look at it tonight and it looks like this to my eyes:

koto (thin) - koto (thicker) - balsa (approx 5mm)

Total thickness 6.9mm. According to the tt blades database, the Banco Balsa Speed and Spinlord First Strike use this composition but they're both rated as very fast blades, so they're probably out. Close is the Hunter Flame, which is koto-ayous-balsa.

Any ideas are gratefully received!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 16:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Post photos. Use a flatbed scanner, scan the face, scan the butt..

Worst comes to worst consult with Charlie or one of the other blade makers. I think a ~7mm balsa blade is going to be fast, no matter what, unless you do what Re-Impact does (cork layers, balsa face plies, etc.).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 16:58 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
As far as I know the Schütt blades are made by Re-impact and are identical to the Imperial Re-Impact blades sold by Bribar: https://bribartt.co.uk/product-category ... turer=1210

I've played with the Spinlord Strike and it's a good blade - not that fast and plays well with pimples although I preferred it with thin sponge rather than Ox.

If your clubmate wants a balsa blade then I'd have thought that Re-impact would be the first stop.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 18:54 
Super User

Blade: AfroBro Custom
FH: Rasanter R53
BH: Vega X
Thanks both!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!