OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 12:41 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
I bought 3 Yasaka Sweden Defensive blades Flared handle last year and haven't tried them until recently. I glued Friendship 755 ox on backhand and Stiga Calibra Tour M max on forehand. I can chop very well with this blade on both backhand and forehand. It's very deceptive especially when I twiddle the bat. I have been using and having experiment with many different blades but I really like and enjoy playing with Yasaka Sweden Defensive. Please note that I only use Flared handle for this blade since its Straight handle version is quite short.

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2018, 21:22 

Blade: Stiga Alser defensive
FH: Friendship Tackspeed 2mm
BH: Sriver fx 2mm
Hi vietma,
I've recently broke my flared vintage Stiga Alser Defensive blade and as a replacement I'm considering the Yasaka Sweden Defensive blade.
The handle on it was really thick and chunky and flared both ways, starting at 25mm and finishing at 27mm at the end.
The handle width is 27mm nearest the rubber and 35mm at the end. Weight 83g.
Anyone that tried my blade said it had a great feeling to it. It was very flexible too.
How does this compare to your blade ?
Looking at the pictures online it looks similar too with a dark brown outer layer and does it have an almost yellow and very soft centre ? You can easily put your finger nail into the centre wood.

If you have tried any other flared blades, I would be interested in hearing which ones had the the thickest handles and how they played.
I'm also interested in the donic defplay senso v3, so if you've tried that one, I would be interested to hear why you prefer the yasaka sweden defensive over it.
Maybe you could list them in order from thin to thick for me. Thanks.