OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Tibhar Defence+
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2008, 23:01 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Has anybody tried this blade with Anti/LP?
Is it stiff and slow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:03 

I have used a Tibhar Defence Plus blade for many years with SB and Juic 999 defence on the backhand and for my close to the table game I was very happy and could block easily on the table against fast or spinny topspins. I would consider the blade is one of the slowest around. Post the SB ban I am trying insider with a TTmaster sensitive defence blade which I think may be slightly slower. I am still testing against various styles. The Tibhar blade is still a good choice for control and blocking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 06:48 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Geodor wrote:
I have used a Tibhar Defence Plus blade for many years with SB and Juic 999 defence on the backhand and for my close to the table game I was very happy and could block easily on the table against fast or spinny topspins. I would consider the blade is one of the slowest around. Post the SB ban I am trying insider with a TTmaster sensitive defence blade which I think may be slightly slower. I am still testing against various styles. The Tibhar blade is still a good choice for control and blocking.

Thanks Geodor, i can get this at quite a good price so i might try it to tame my Yasaka A/Power which i do like altho' i do find it fast esp. on blocking smashes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 19:22 

Tibhar also make the CO-S3 which they say has the same playing features and is a bit cheaper. Other posts in the forum confirm it is a very slow blade. A minor drawback with the defence plus is the blade colour is blue which if you use an OX red tends to show through and strickly speaking it should be bright red. The CO-S3 avoids this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 18:25 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

I have just bought this blade for my teammate ( Geodor recommended previously for me for me, but i think it is too flexy for anti, maybe good for control of fast Lp though!) and he is using 729 Super soft 1.5mm both sides

After the 1st knock, it has certainly helped with his attacking game (was a problem) in dropping all of his hits onto the end line.

In defence, mid to close to the table blocking is exceptional and both reduces spin and speed and is quite deceptive, very impressive indeed.

Away from the table, his chopping style return is just not making it over the net consistantly and he will need to adapt and make changes to his stroke at this distance and/or come in closer which i think is the preferred option.

We will see how this carries on and i hope this will improve his confidence and game as he is rather elderly.

If anybody else has any suggestions, they would be most welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2009, 07:53 
Super User

mozzy wrote:
Away from the table, his chopping style return is just not making it over the net consistantly and he will need to adapt and make changes to his stroke at this distance and/or come in closer which i think is the preferred option.

We will see how this carries on and i hope this will improve his confidence and game as he is rather elderly.

IME (be warned, I'm not one of the most seasoned choppers, I could be wrong but I think I'm pretty sure), when chopping with a super slow setup and chopping away from the table, you need some forward body action to get it over the net.

REMEMBER
The further you go back, the angles are increased and so this can mean more effort to get to the ball. But the ball and the spin on the ball can slow down/be reduced and so it is easier to "watch" the ball and "time" the shot.

The closer you get, the opposite happens.

As lots of people have said to me before, you can't get more from nothing!

Oh my gawd. I haven't been on here since Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:52am
Stiga NCT Allround Wood : FH Tenergy 05 2.1 BH Bryce Speed 1.9

Nittaku Shellshock : Sriver FX 1.7/Feint Long II 0.5~~Darker 3Mai Gouban : Mark V 1.8/Solcion 1.9
Unused : Tenergy 64 1.9, Flextra 1.7, Micro 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Reforma 2.0

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2009, 16:26 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

RoosterDragon wrote:
mozzy wrote:

IME (be warned, I'm not one of the most seasoned choppers, I could be wrong but I think I'm pretty sure), when chopping with a super slow setup and chopping away from the table, you need some forward body action to get it over the net.

REMEMBER
The further you go back, the angles are increased and so this can mean more effort to get to the ball. But the ball and the spin on the ball can slow down/be reduced and so it is easier to "watch" the ball and "time" the shot.

The closer you get, the opposite happens.

As lots of people have said to me before, you can't get more from nothing!

As i alluded to earlier and Rooster, your info confirms that it is not really a classic defenders blade away from the table, my mate has given up on this, he cannot adjust after 50 years of playing this way, i have relieved him of the blade and will try anti and lp on the b/h for modern def. play!

Post subject: Re: Tibhar Defence+
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2009, 08:19 
Super User

Well it is a classic defender's blade, but it can be really too slow if you put some OX pips or lets say a tacky rubber in the thinner sponges.

You can solve this by adding sponge thickness to the LPs and using something like a thick tensor (if you're attacking) on the attacking side.

Just wondering, but how are you going to attack with the anti?
Or are you going to twiddle? Then, that is a classic defender's game.

(I might be the one getting the term wrong!)

Anyway, best of luck and let's hear what happened!

Oh my gawd. I haven't been on here since Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:52am
Stiga NCT Allround Wood : FH Tenergy 05 2.1 BH Bryce Speed 1.9

Nittaku Shellshock : Sriver FX 1.7/Feint Long II 0.5~~Darker 3Mai Gouban : Mark V 1.8/Solcion 1.9
Unused : Tenergy 64 1.9, Flextra 1.7, Micro 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Mambo H 2.0, Reforma 2.0

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 07:53 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

RoosterDragon wrote:
Well it is a classic defender's blade, but it can be really too slow if you put some OX pips or lets say a tacky rubber in the thinner sponges.

You can solve this by adding sponge thickness to the LPs and using something like a thick tensor (if you're attacking) on the attacking side.

Just wondering, but how are you going to attack with the anti?
Or are you going to twiddle? Then, that is a classic defender's game.

(I might be the one getting the term wrong!)

Anyway, best of luck and let's hear what happened!

I haven't tried the blade yet, although i have put the ck531a ox on it to try! I do intend twiddling and so far it is not coming on too quickly.

At first RD i thought your reply was aggressive, but upon re-reading i realise that there is a sticking point in understanding terminology.
( Don't you just hate it that the written word does not convey tone and 10 people could read the same message in different ways!)

Now it is my understanding that a classic defender chops and plays away from the table and a modern defender plays close to the table, which is how i intend to use this dead blade!
If memory serves me correctly RD you are a light-sider aren't you?

Can anyone confirm this please?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009, 15:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
mozzy wrote:
Now it is my understanding that a classic defender chops and plays away from the table and a modern defender plays close to the table, which is how i intend to use this dead blade!
If memory serves me correctly RD you are a light-sider aren't you?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Classic defenders are more chopping oriented on both forehand and backhand. Modern defenders both defend and attack (hard). I think the Tibhar Defense Plus is too slow aggressive attacking off the table. Also I believe this blade has been around for a long time and was designed for the 38mm ball.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 06 May 2009, 08:16 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Well i thought this blade might be too flexy for anti, what do i know!

This is slow, dead and hard. My mate and i couldnt control ck531a ox at all.

I was going to put sp (Dr Evil/ 563) on this, but at the last moment put the Armstrong New Anti on, a rubber i could not get on with on anything due to it's speed!
Wow, i have another new love, this worked a dream, was great to control and i could play with this on my f/h quite well too ( for a 1st knock!)
Speed was not a problem and i could dump my oppo in the net quite easily on serve and regularly with my returns, i could attack chop, driven and topspin balls and return with ease.

On the f/h i put a Sunflex tacky rubber, quite firm sponge, it was hard to control!, chops and pushes not too bad but hits were all over the place, full smashes were ok, but there were no gears for in between strokes.

I guess it needs a soft sponged rubber so i will try LKT XT and 729 Lightening and i am sure i will have another set up to use against the speed merchants!

The Armstrong worked almost like a hybrid anti/grippy control rubber so i shall ponder whether to try Best anti on the other side for an ultra safe set-up! I think this would cover all bases and be great for deception, wha do you guys think?

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 20:24 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
This is my current primary blade, and I absolutely love it. Excellent control, good or mid-distance and close play (I don't get very far back yet), and very light. I'm able to hit a fast and powerful shot with FH too, so it's not too passive for my experience either.

My only concern echoes that mentioned earlier - the blade is blue. So OX red rubbers look somewhat purple! I'm tempted to try the COS3, although this has fewer plies, and I think is considered even slower.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 20:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
LordCope wrote:
My only concern echoes that mentioned earlier - the blade is blue. So OX red rubbers look somewhat purple! I'm tempted to try the COS3, although this has fewer plies, and I think is considered even slower.

Sounds like you need an opague gluesheet, like what I've been looking for and have not yet found. :(

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 20:27 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Mods: why is this under "anti spin rubbers" ?

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 20:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
LordCope wrote:
Mods: why is this under "anti spin rubbers" ?

Moved it to blades section, thank you! :up: