OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 01:33 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Roy wrote:
What are your thoughts of Joola Chen Weixing blade? I have tried other blades, but I allways go back to Weixing, because it's just best for the FH and Bh. I sold my JSH, because it's just too heavy and hard. Defplay feels too slow with new balls.

The cwx has a kind of strange feel to me, just based on my tastes. It wasn't as hard or fast as the joo. But doesn't flex as much as other defensive blades. I didnt use it too long as a result. The hard and clunkier blades I find difficult to loop with. It didnt seem hard enough to justify using it over something like the joo, and certainly not slow enough to use over the innershield. It crossed far enough into the "faster" blades that I didnt enjoy it for looping, but also gave up the easier chopping control of slower blades.

Great handle on it though. I can see why some like it, who perhaps play more all around game styles and need the more in between blade, leaning toward blocking and attacking overall. I lean more toward chopping and pushing, only waiting for pushes or pop ups to loop.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 07:35 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
skilless_slapper wrote:
Roy wrote:
What are your thoughts of Joola Chen Weixing blade? I have tried other blades, but I allways go back to Weixing, because it's just best for the FH and Bh. I sold my JSH, because it's just too heavy and hard. Defplay feels too slow with new balls.

The cwx has a kind of strange feel to me, just based on my tastes. It wasn't as hard or fast as the joo. But doesn't flex as much as other defensive blades. I didnt use it too long as a result. The hard and clunkier blades I find difficult to loop with. It didnt seem hard enough to justify using it over something like the joo, and certainly not slow enough to use over the innershield. It crossed far enough into the "faster" blades that I didnt enjoy it for looping, but also gave up the easier chopping control of slower blades.

Great handle on it though. I can see why some like it, who perhaps play more all around game styles and need the more in between blade, leaning toward blocking and attacking overall. I lean more toward chopping and pushing, only waiting for pushes or pop ups to loop.

Great answer! :) I agree with your points. :up: I have also looping problem with harder blades, including Spinlord ultra carbon def that I have. For me CWX is soft enough to loop and the same time fast enough, both in FH and BH. As you said, it's more of a allround blade made for active plays from both wings. It gives really good oomph in FH defence with great spin, but the downside is that it can be too wild to handle in top spin defence. But at least you don't end up feeding empty slow balls.

I have also TPS reflex defence, which is something like def+ in speed. I really tried to fit it to my game, but FH attack required lot of work and Bh pips play become toothless. CWX has way more disturbance with Dtecs, as the speed varies a lot with tiny wrist moves. On the other side you need good touch on the BH, as the speed is quite fast. But I like that the ball really bounces from my pips or otherwise I end up netting too many balls. In chopping the CWX control is not great, but off the bounce blocking goes quite well.

As you play more chopping and pushing, slower blade makes lot of sense. CWX is not ideally suited for that kind of plays - even JSH might be better. I haven't tried many slow defensive blades, so I am not expert with them.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 11:07 

skilless_slapper wrote:
Innershield is great at absorbing speed, while adding spin. If you like to drive or smash, it's terrible! But when chopping I pretty much chop or push until getting a weaker push in return, then loop heavy top spin against it.

I can play equally as well with about any blade in the same category -- flexy and slower. I use the kim kyung ah, soulspin defensive custom, and hadraw shield as well. I trained extensively with the innershield, though. That one is very flexible, so it prepared me for that style. My custom blades I've added in a tiny layer of hardness, for a tad bit more speed. I still like the overall flexy blades, but with a tiny bit more stiffness for attacking. I found that people began playing passively against me due to the chops and pushes, so I needed to attack more frequently. Still using spin based attacks but with a tad more pepper!

Original koji vs offensive?

Offensive quite harder, faster and chunkier!

I was talking about Victas Yuto Muramatsu vs Koji Offensive :lol:

I find the VKMO too hard, I have an Nexy-Tibhar Actium that gives me more spin both in drive loops and chops with the same rubbers and pips. Too bad that they dont make it anymore and it was a very expensive blade.
I need a blade that has a little bit more control and more spin than VKMO while not sacrificing too much in speed. And not weight as much as a JSH
I got in touch with TT-tomioka and the lighest Yuto they have is 93g. That is a little more than I would like but my VKMO is around that weight too.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 11:28 
Super User

mutuz wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
Innershield is great at absorbing speed, while adding spin. If you like to drive or smash, it's terrible! But when chopping I pretty much chop or push until getting a weaker push in return, then loop heavy top spin against it.

I can play equally as well with about any blade in the same category -- flexy and slower. I use the kim kyung ah, soulspin defensive custom, and hadraw shield as well. I trained extensively with the innershield, though. That one is very flexible, so it prepared me for that style. My custom blades I've added in a tiny layer of hardness, for a tad bit more speed. I still like the overall flexy blades, but with a tiny bit more stiffness for attacking. I found that people began playing passively against me due to the chops and pushes, so I needed to attack more frequently. Still using spin based attacks but with a tad more pepper!

I find the VKMO too hard, I have an Nexy-Tibhar Actium that gives me more spin both in drive loops and chops with the same rubbers and pips. Too bad that they dont make it anymore and it was a very expensive blade.
I need a blade that has a little bit more control and more spin than VKMO while not sacrificing too much in speed. And not weight as much as a JSH
I got in touch with TT-tomioka and the lighest Yuto they have is 93g. That is a little more than I would like but my VKMO is around that weight too.

Ahhh... misread the y there!

I have an 84 gram yuto blade. To me it was slower than the koji offensive and less hard, but about as stiff. They're not terribly far apart, and for my own blades I'd say the yuto is about 1.5 points slower. If I had one or the other, I wouldn't swap out unless I was very, very particular! Or just wanted to test things out.

Have you used the original koji blade?

If so and it was too slow... I'd recommend the andro wakinkridori def or whatever the spelling is. It's a good bridge blade between the koji offensive type and slower defensive blades.

Or even the chen weixing blade, mine is also at 85 grams.

Perhaps even better... go to soulspin's site and contact them to make a custom blade! If I were wanting to spend around $130-200ish on a blade, that would certainly be my route. You get specific materials, thicknesses, weights, etc. and custom handles that really make a huge difference in comfort and feel. I've got 2 more orders out to them currently and can't wait for the babies to arrive!

https://imgur.com/PeYSLwN

https://imgur.com/Xc6fTJ5

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2018, 15:07 
Super User

A fellow club-mate, has a VKMO + D.tecs (OX) + Xiom Omega Pro setup, and I play with it, from time to time ... I love the VKMO + D.tecs combo... Absolutely fantastic to block with.. Also, I can play strokes with it, such as the pull side-swipe, which I cannot with my own setup (in my profile)... Over-the-table pushing is pretty effective too... Chopping, a bit away from the table, is decent'ish ....

On the FH side, with the Omega Pro, loops are super spinny... But, yes, it does require a slight adjustment in technique...

Personally, I prefer this combo, to the ones I'm currently using.. So, why have I not got this for myself ? Well, it's the cost (way over my budget), and the weight - I prefer lighter setups...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018, 12:00 

skilless_slapper wrote:
mutuz wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

Ahhh... misread the y there!

I have an 84 gram yuto blade. To me it was slower than the koji offensive and less hard, but about as stiff. They're not terribly far apart, and for my own blades I'd say the yuto is about 1.5 points slower. If I had one or the other, I wouldn't swap out unless I was very, very particular! Or just wanted to test things out.

Have you used the original koji blade?

If so and it was too slow... I'd recommend the andro wakinkridori def or whatever the spelling is. It's a good bridge blade between the koji offensive type and slower defensive blades.

Or even the chen weixing blade, mine is also at 85 grams.

Perhaps even better... go to soulspin's site and contact them to make a custom blade! If I were wanting to spend around $130-200ish on a blade, that would certainly be my route. You get specific materials, thicknesses, weights, etc. and custom handles that really make a huge difference in comfort and feel. I've got 2 more orders out to them currently and can't wait for the babies to arrive!

https://imgur.com/PeYSLwN

https://imgur.com/Xc6fTJ5

How far apart is this andro blade from VKMS? This andro blade is very expensive! :sweat:
My fingers are itching to test this Yuto blade, the thing is I could sell the VKMO or the Yuto to a fellow teammate, so I wouldnt be losing a lot of money, but still losing. Got to think about it.
Thanks for the info

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018, 14:20 
Super User

The andro is a bit slower with higher flex. It has more of a 'chopper's feel to me, whereas the koji offensive and yuto play more like over-sized attacking blades. It's probably a tad slower than the chen weixing blade for comparison, but faster than blades like hadraw shield, defplay, or koji original

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2018, 09:16 

Ok, just received my 2 new blades.
Koji Special and Yuto Muramatsu. YM looks a little more solid but is also almost 10g heavier.
I have one doubt, the YM comes with some kind of seal treatment? It has a shine kind of thing on the wood plie... The VKMO is supposed to have the same plie but mine didnt have this shine thing. My VKMO had some splinters coming out of when I was removing the rubber, so I ended up sealing. Was wondering if I need to do the same thing to the YM.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 09:24 

Blade: Butterfly JSH
FH: JOOLA Golden Tango 1,8mm
BH: 802 1,5mm
skilless_slapper wrote:
Magicotto wrote:
Comparison between VKM and Butterfly Hadraw shield??

Hadraw feels slower with more flex, but not by much. I personally like the hadraw though if you attack more often, I think the vkm is a bit better. Not huge differences overall.

So would you say Hadraw is like Donic Defplay Senso??

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2019, 03:21 
Super User

Magicotto wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
Magicotto wrote:
Comparison between VKM and Butterfly Hadraw shield??

Hadraw feels slower with more flex, but not by much. I personally like the hadraw though if you attack more often, I think the vkm is a bit better. Not huge differences overall.

So would you say Hadraw is like Donic Defplay Senso??

They're similar, but not identical of course. I personally like the shield better, and it seems most of the pros once using the defplay have moved away from it also. Not that it matters. Maybe because of the new ball.

The shield is a bit heavier, faster and still fairly flexy.