OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 18:45 

Hi.
I'm classic defender, i'm looking for chop every time, even with not really offensive players. I play VKM+ DTecs 1.2+ Vs>401 1.8 and its still a bit too fast for me. The time i chop with bh it often goes inch or two behind the table, sometimes i have to slow down my arm while chopping. VKM is not a really def blade, it's something like all-, i need a typical def blade :)
There are 2 blades that paid my attention:
-Nittaku Resist II - it's at sale at my shop, about 45$ but i have no informations what blade it is.
-Donic Defplay senso - nice, because it's cheap, classic in def style but didn't play with this blade.
Maybe something with balsa? However, i'm afraid it will be too springy. I played Barricade DEF with Easy P OX and it's interesting, but you see- i played it with OX, not 1.2 nor 1.0 sponge :) There is also VKM Def at sale, but 75$ is still too much for me.

PS Forgot about Donic Siono Masato DEF- how about this? ;)

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 20:02 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Someone at our club just bought an LKT Toxic 3. Apparently very slow.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 21:14 
Super User

- There is a DEF model of VKM, last week I played and it was great, medium hard feel, a ''thin'' blade and it's still possible to produce strong attacks when needed. Control :up: and one of the best for chopping. Definitely, I'd have this instead of Donic Defplay if I chop a lot.

- I have Nittaku Resist experience, not Resist 2...if 2 has the same composition I'd suggest it. Very good for chopping.

-Another option is Nittaku Endless. Medium hard feel.

-Tibhar CO-S3, softer feel, 3 plies

-Donic Appelgren Exclusive Allround, standard head size, flex and control :up:

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 19:53 

As i wrote yesterday- VKM Def is a bit too expensive for me. Also it could be too hard. I need rather softer blade, because i play hard LPs like P1R or DTecs and hard fh rubber. So Resist seems to be the best choice for me :)

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 20:06 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Btw, are you LordPippington from TTD?

The question you asking are somewhat similar. ;)

And, I see You have tried Barricade. That among the slowest blade You could find. If You like Barricade, buy it. :D

Several recs,

Butterfly Defence Alpha
Dr. Neubauer Barricade DEF
KTL (LKT) Toxic 3
Xiom Aigis
Stiga Tube Defensive WRB
Donic Defplay Classic Senso
Butterfly Matsushita Pro
Butterfly Innershield ZLF

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 10:54 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
The Nittaku Resist 2 is a very slow blade! It's probably one of the slowest I've seen, if not the slowest. The straight handle is also one of the smallest I've seen... smaller than the defplay senso straight handle for comparison.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2017, 20:01 

OK guys, blade is at my hands, i bought Resist II, unfortunately they hadn't straight handle, just flared. It's nice because in spite of my large hands i like thin handles. I rarely change sides while playing so flared shouldn't disturb me. Apart from that i put P1R 1.0 on my bh side and Vs>401 1.8. Will see how it will play. However my 401 is too small and i will have to buy new inverted. I wonder to buy Marder because of price, heard it's nice for classic defence, something like Btf tackiness CII. I have to test new equipment and then decide wha to do with fh ;)

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 02:12 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
rocket222 wrote:
OK guys, blade is at my hands, i bought Resist II, unfortunately they hadn't straight handle, just flared. It's nice because in spite of my large hands i like thin handles. I rarely change sides while playing so flared shouldn't disturb me. Apart from that i put P1R 1.0 on my bh side and Vs>401 1.8. Will see how it will play. However my 401 is too small and i will have to buy new inverted. I wonder to buy Marder because of price, heard it's nice for classic defence, something like Btf tackiness CII. I have to test new equipment and then decide wha to do with fh ;)

Tackiness chop is a good option (it's what I have on it) for classic defense. The marder is similar, but not as high quality overall. Cheaper as well though, so you can replace it more often. Marder 1 is very soft, while marder 2 is a bit harder and closer to tackiness chop 2 yet the sponge of marder 2 isn't as hard. I have the nittaku revspin, which is supposed to be really good for defending. Having said that, I've not used it on any blade yet. First observations is that it's quite a bit heavier (uncut sheet) than most others by a good margin (10+ grams). If you use pips on one side, it will probably not matter. Looks to be well made, and soft as well. Just above the level of tackiness chop, I'd say. The topsheet is firmer, while I believe the sponges are the same hardness.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018, 03:49 
Super User

Blade: Primorac Carbon ST
FH: Tibhar Hybrid MK Pro 2.0
BH: Tibhar Hybrid MK 2.0
Probably too late for advice but I was going to mention the TSP Balsa 2.5 or 3.5.
They are 5 ply blades ( wood, fiberglass, balsa (2.5mm or 3.5mm), fiberglass, wood).
I tried balsa blades in the past and never really liked the feel (mushy, super soft and muffled feedback).
Initially I got the TSP Balsa 3.5 for the weight (I chop with thick SP on BH and max rubbers on FH). It's working great for me and the 3.5 is probably more suited for modern defense. You may prefer the 2.5 for Classic Defense.
What I like the most is the feedback of ball impact and I believe it's probably due to the fiberglass fibers. Total control :)
Blocking is super safe with the TSP Balsa 3.5 (balsa must help there?).
I tested the Defplay Classic (balsa center ply) and it was absolutely not the same feel.

My TSP blade feels like it's a 2 speed blade (slow on low impact and ALL+ on higher impacts).
It feels actually quite stiff and somewhat soft although the outer wood plies seem very hard.
Just a great feeling overall and amazing feedback.
Price is right too.... $49 on TT11.

One thing I am not a fan of.... Handle size :n:
I have the Straight handle and it's as small as the Defplay's so some grip tape is required unfortunately.
Beside that, it's a really high quality blade (typical of Japanese def blade).

I haven't found too many reviews of those TSP Balsa series so I thought I would share my opinion here.

In black playing a 2100+ player: https://youtu.be/if__7emBFqA

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!