OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 02:57


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 19:11 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2012, 03:36
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
Hi all,

Can somebody give me some advice for a light weight, flexible and fast blade (not penholder), less than 85 gram, for chinese rubber(s).

I'm currently playing with DHS long 5 with H3 provincial blue on FH and rasanter R42 on BH.
I love this set up but my wrist hurts after a tournament and I think its because its to heavy for me. The long 5 i have is already not so heavy(88g). Total weight of set-up is 174 gram.

Need flex for the hard chinese rubber and want a fast frame. I also have a Palio King Yue (82g) but that blade is to slow.

Butterfly Liu Shiwen is maybe an option but that blade is a bit expensive.

Thank u for your advice.

Greetings!


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 03:59 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 23:18
Posts: 41
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 13 times
It's light already. Try to balance it by adding some weight to the handle (I glue a coin to the bottom edge)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 11:43 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6802
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 834 times
88 grams is NOT light. Not sure if it's right for you, but for $9 including shipping you can get a Sanwei M8 blade. These vary in weight but are mostly under 80 grams. You COULD try a Darker 7p-2a 7 ply hinoki but these are a great deal more expensive... :lol: Personally I don't like blades that weigh more than 81-82 grams. Even 85 is a little too heavy. You could compensate by using lighter rubber (maybe thinner sponge).

I don't believe adding weight to the hilt will help. Head weight helps with the Whip, especially when serving.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 15:55 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2016, 15:12
Posts: 406
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Blade: Palio TCT
FH: Palio CJ8000
BH: Yinhe 955
I second ai_111 in that your blade is not that heavy at 174g and that your problem (wrist) is balance-related. Getting a lighter blade may add to your problems instead of reducing it, making your racket even more head-heavy. Furthermore, some lighter blades use balsa which may feel sluggish to you while the ball keeps landing behind the table.
The King Yue seems to have a very different character compared to the Long 5.

You may try to add some weight to the handle first, just to test the effect. You also may get rid of any edge-tape etc. Next is to reduce the weight of the rubbers, eventually find an alternative to the H3. The Sanwei Target National may be a valid replacement according to the mass-database.

_________________
Red is blogging here >> http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30522


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 16:24 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2012, 03:36
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
al_111 wrote:
It's light already. Try to balance it by adding some weight to the handle (I glue a coin to the bottom edge)


Thank you for the advise. I'm gonna try that. I am not convinced though. ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 16:36 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2012, 03:36
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
iskandar taib wrote:
88 grams is NOT light. Not sure if it's right for you, but for $9 including shipping you can get a Sanwei M8 blade. These vary in weight but are mostly under 80 grams. You COULD try a Darker 7p-2a 7 ply hinoki but these are a great deal more expensive... :lol: Personally I don't like blades that weigh more than 81-82 grams. Even 85 is a little too heavy. You could compensate by using lighter rubber (maybe thinner sponge).

I don't believe adding weight to the hilt will help. Head weight helps with the Whip, especially when serving.

Iskandar


Thank you for your answer Iskandar!

I looked at the sanwei M8 blade. Its light but its too slow for me I think.

In the past I looked at the Darker 7p-2a 7 ply hinoki (own the darker speed btw). But is a light balsa core blade good with the hard chinese rubbers? Maybe the outer hinoki compensate for that?
Allready play with rasanter 1.7mm on BH for the weight. I switched to chinese rubber one year ago and I like it so much. Only problem is the weight......

Greetings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 16:55 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2012, 03:36
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
Red wrote:
I second ai_111 in that your blade is not that heavy at 174g and that your problem (wrist) is balance-related. Getting a lighter blade may add to your problems instead of reducing it, making your racket even more head-heavy. Furthermore, some lighter blades use balsa which may feel sluggish to you while the ball keeps landing behind the table.
The King Yue seems to have a very different character compared to the Long 5.

You may try to add some weight to the handle first, just to test the effect. You also may get rid of any edge-tape etc. Next is to reduce the weight of the rubbers, eventually find an alternative to the H3. The Sanwei Target National may be a valid replacement according to the mass-database.


Thank you for your answer!

I am gonna try to add some weight to handle but I have my doubts.......

King Yue is indeed very different. More flex, much slower and therefore more control. It's great with Chinese rubbers but too slow for me. The long 5 has also a lot of control for a pretty fast blade. Short game and chop are pretty easy especially with the tacky H3. The "kick effect" from the topspin with the H3 is what I like the most.

I tried the Sanwei Target National but its also heavy like a lot of Chinese rubbers.

I ordered the new Xiom Omega VII europe for the BH which is very light. It's 4g lighter than the Rasanter they told me.

Greetings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 18:27 
Offline
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop
User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 08:20
Posts: 1394
Location: Egersund, Norway
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 147 times
The above advice about handle weight is easy and cheap to try, and likely to resolve the issue.

If not, then about some light blades I have tried ...
HRT 2076 is very light and all-wood so you get the flex you request. Perhaps not fast enough for you. Performs above its price range :-)

The Galaxy T-series are quite light, in particular the T-11 but that is with balsa, so takes some getting used to. Most in that series, if not all, have carbon and are really stiff. IOW, fast but with little flex.

My son has a Re-Impact T4, which is the lightest full-size blade I have had my hands on. 48g, I think. That one has a very pronounced balsa effect, and does not agree very well with the H3 rubber, nor with other typical Chinese rubbers (yes, we have tried it with Hurricane, very much against the maker's advice ;-) ). On the expensive side, very fast, and very good with softer rubbers on. Never used it with tensors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 21:16 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2012, 03:36
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
keme wrote:
The above advice about handle weight is easy and cheap to try, and likely to resolve the issue.

If not, then about some light blades I have tried ...
HRT 2076 is very light and all-wood so you get the flex you request. Perhaps not fast enough for you. Performs above its price range :-)

The Galaxy T-series are quite light, in particular the T-11 but that is with balsa, so takes some getting used to. Most in that series, if not all, have carbon and are really stiff. IOW, fast but with little flex.

My son has a Re-Impact T4, which is the lightest full-size blade I have had my hands on. 48g, I think. That one has a very pronounced balsa effect, and does not agree very well with the H3 rubber, nor with other typical Chinese rubbers (yes, we have tried it with Hurricane, very much against the maker's advice ;-) ). On the expensive side, very fast, and very good with softer rubbers on. Never used it with tensors.


TY Keme

HRT 2076 is very cheap but way to slow. Galaxy t11+ i tried but it has too little flex.
I have a re-impact Dream which is also an offensive balsa blade but the Chinese rubbers don't work on it. ;(

There are a lot of light weight blades but need one that plays like a DHS Long 5 but is < 85 gram.
With the old ball lots of people(same or lower leagues) couldn't return (block or hit) my FH topspin. With the plastic ball alot of people from lower league can easily block my FH spin.
With the Chinese rubber people are having a lot of problems with my spin again, that is why I wanna stick to my tacky Chinese friends. ;)

Greetings! :Chop: :topspin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 03:33 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 242
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Blade: TSP BB 3.0
FH: Aurus Select 1.9
BH: Waran 1.5
If you want the feel of a very fast all wood blade then you are going to be stuck around the 85gm mark e.g the new Cornilleau signature blades but being all wood you may be able to get a lighter one.

The only guaranteed way to get a much lighter blade off+ blade is to use less wood and add carbon for bringing back speed perhaps with a thin balsa core.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 08:10 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Mar 2016, 08:02
Posts: 32
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Hallmark TT based in the UK have quite a few different blades that weigh between 60 - 80g.

This one sounded interesting....

Quote:
Carbon Extreme Blade

The Carbon Extreme blade is a seven ply blade consisting of a unique combination of balsa, carbon, abachi and limba. Balsa gives a very fast blade but control has always been reduced with balsa blades, to combat this Hallmark have added a layer of the special carbon veil on top of the balsa to give excellent control. The end result is a lightening fast blade with good control and a massive sweet spot for over the table play.
Featuring ACT Technology

Only £49


http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/e-attblades.php#ce

Might be worth a look ? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 16:42 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 242
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Blade: TSP BB 3.0
FH: Aurus Select 1.9
BH: Waran 1.5
Carbon and balsa in a fast blade generally means stiff however. You could try looking for a now discontinued Xiom Vega Pro blade as these are available under 80gm in fact my local dealer has some under 75gm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 00:59 
Offline
New Member
User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 10:27
Posts: 18
Location: France
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Palio R57 or 61 second 3003 are balsa-carbon blades, about 60 g and 20 $, from All to Off- for the second one.
No balsa effect, the balsa layer is thin.

Fast and flex. Very different to the T-11+ I used before, less speed but a lot of more control. Very very good value for money.

_________________
61 sec 3003 FH 61 sec Lightning DS Pro 1.5 BH 802-40 ox


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 20:09 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 01 Jun 2012, 03:36
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Blade: DHS Long 5
FH: DHS H3 Neo prov blue spon
BH: Rasanter R 42
TY again for the reactions.

The XIOM Vega pro blade is a little bid expensive to try and weights 90g. I allready have a VEGA tour blade which is 88 gram. Think they more or less play the same?

I ordered a 61 second 3003 blade for 12,83 euro incl free case and rubber protection sheet..........
I am gonna try it out with 2 friendship battle II rubbers.

Now I have the most expensive set-up and the most cheap set-up at my tabletennis club...... :lol:

Darker 90 speed with 2 buttefly rubbers is mine expensive set-up. ;)

Greetings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2018, 21:02 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 242
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 38 times
Blade: TSP BB 3.0
FH: Aurus Select 1.9
BH: Waran 1.5
manufacturers quoted weights are only a guide and can vary by up to 15gm! As I mentioned Vega pro blades can be as light as 73gm.

Best to use a dealer that can weigh blades


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: