OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

DMS Destroyer and Revolution?
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31624
Page 1 of 1

Author:  skilless_slapper [ 27 Jul 2017, 13:38 ]
Post subject:  DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

Can't really find any reviews on these... anybody want to chime in with their experiences? And perhaps compare them to butterfly blades or other brands?

I'm thinking of trying either the revolution or destroyer for anti play -- but unsure whether any of my 30+ current blades will do the job just as well!

Author:  Def-attack [ 28 Jul 2017, 07:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

skilless_slapper wrote:
Can't really find any reviews on these... anybody want to chime in with their experiences? And perhaps compare them to butterfly blades or other brands?

I'm thinking of trying either the revolution or destroyer for anti play -- but unsure whether any of my 30+ current blades will do the job just as well!


I can compare to Stiga Carbonado 190. Destroyer is not much slower, has about the same throw angle but smaller sweet spot (not as forgiving) and therefore not as good for looping. Revolution is a tad slower, better control than Destroyer and even lower throw. Good for blocks, smashes and drives, very short dwell time. It needs a FH rubber with high throw (H3 is great). Transformer is better on Destroyer, Mega Block works great with Revolution. Mega Block did not work very good on Carbonado, so I guess it might not work as good with Destroyer as with Revolution. Revolution is a little more extreme blade specially made for lp or anti and aggressive blocking with attacking. Destroyer is a little more "normal" but still very low throw. For a blade made for lp/anti-blocking game I would chose Revolution.

Author:  skilless_slapper [ 28 Jul 2017, 13:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

Def-attack wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:
Can't really find any reviews on these... anybody want to chime in with their experiences? And perhaps compare them to butterfly blades or other brands?

I'm thinking of trying either the revolution or destroyer for anti play -- but unsure whether any of my 30+ current blades will do the job just as well!


I can compare to Stiga Carbonado 190. Destroyer is not much slower, has about the same throw angle but smaller sweet spot (not as forgiving) and therefore not as good for looping. Revolution is a tad slower, better control than Destroyer and even lower throw. Good for blocks, smashes and drives, very short dwell time. It needs a FH rubber with high throw (H3 is great). Transformer is better on Destroyer, Mega Block works great with Revolution. Mega Block did not work very good on Carbonado, so I guess it might not work as good with Destroyer as with Revolution. Revolution is a little more extreme blade specially made for lp or anti and aggressive blocking with attacking. Destroyer is a little more "normal" but still very low throw. For a blade made for lp/anti-blocking game I would chose Revolution.


Do you find those blades too fast for mega block? I'm currently using megablock/transformer on my fast butterfly garaydia blades - t5000 and ZLC. Along with the freitas ALC. They seem to be ok, though I've not really tried them on any blades much slower. I did have the 2.0 MB on a liu shiwen blade... that one felt waaaaaay too slow!

I ordered the DMS phantom blade with MB 1.5 and will give it a try. I just don't know how different they could actually be! I've got the innerforce layer alc/zlc, xiom vega tour, hadraw sk/sr, and a bunch of others. So far I like the garaydia ZLC best with the anti. I play anti on the forehand and use it to attack every chance I get against back spin. The rest of my game is backhand dominant attacking. Guess just have to give it a whirl...

Author:  AA [ 28 Jul 2017, 15:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

skilless_slapper wrote:

I ordered the DMS phantom blade with MB 1.5 and will give it a try. I just don't know how different they could actually be! I've got the innerforce layer alc/zlc, xiom vega tour, hadraw sk/sr, and a bunch of others.


the phantom is very controlled, but is very much slower than destroyer/revolution and feels much "softer", the latter twooffer better reversal. MB matches best with revolution, transformer best with destroyer. check out icemans thread, he tried it on many blades. destroyer and revolution are both allround+/off- blades, revolution has a lower through and is stiffer, i would say its a ever so slight tad faster than destroyer.

Author:  Def-attack [ 28 Jul 2017, 17:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

I would say that no blade is too fast for Mega-Block. But to get it to work properly (enough spin reversal) Revolution is best. There might be other blades that also works with MB but I haven't tried any.

Author:  Dusty054 [ 28 Jul 2017, 17:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

What's your FH style? If you're a looper a stiff blocking blade may not be ideal but with 30+ blades in your collection you should be able to find an acceptable compromise.

Edit: Sorry, missed your previous post. Disregard the above!

Author:  Joewilmar [ 30 Jul 2017, 02:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

How about be blockbuster??? Any review or suggestions to play it with flanti? (transformer or mb)

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Author:  skilless_slapper [ 13 Aug 2017, 02:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: DMS Destroyer and Revolution?

Does anyone know what wood is used in the DMS phantom blade? Seems very light and thick - is it balsa? The handle on it is the thickest I've ever seen!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/