OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 04:35 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
I know Hallmark http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk/index.php hasn't really been coming out with new products, but they do have blades that are light, oversized, with a large sweep spot and meant for long pips/anti users. So my question is why I see so few of us in the forum (as well as among the players I meet in person) who use them. I've never used them, so I have some questions for others: have you ever used them? If so, what did you use, and why did you stop?

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 05:04 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
Hey TT, they're a secret - don't tell anyone! :)

I tried them when I started using pips - first the combination blade, then the Aurora. Real great blades - cheap, and great feeling. I also have a balsa carbon blade, which is just too fast for me, but so light...

I have been using the Hallmark Ultra for years. I played with it for about 5 years, part of which was with pips on the backhand, and now with inverted both sides. I switched to a Butterfly TB ZLC for about a year, but switched back again to the Hallmark Ultra (which shows how much I value the Ultra, as the TB ZLC is about 5x the price). My results always seem to be better with the Hallmark.

So, the reason I stopped using the Ultra: to gain the linearity of the TB ZLC. The reason I went back to the Ultra: to gain the soft touch and explosive power of the Ultra. Also, with such a light blade, the weight is the same overall, even though the Ultra is so much bigger (meaning fewer missed loops and blocks).

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2017, 07:11 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
Purely speculative.
One. They are a small business and probably like being a small business.

Second and most likely. The frictionless ban pretty much neutered new rubber developments and really significantly hurt their whole means of making money.

Three. They don’t have a big name like tsp.

Four. Not very innovative like re impact on DMS (nor as “sexy” in marketing as the later).

I have a hallmark ultra if your interested. Balsa ain’t my thing.