OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 21 Nov 2018, 17:40


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Light oversized blade
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 04:18 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 00:43
Posts: 373
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Since I am having issues with my hand, I am looking for a light oversized
Light blade for chopping and looping.

Which blade would you recommend ?

Is Balsa Any good for looping / chopping ?

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Setup 1: Joola Chen Weixing - Tenergy 05 2.1 red - Tibhar Grass Dtechs Black 0,5
Current rating : 1825.


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 04:32 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2016, 21:29
Posts: 855
Location: uk
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: RAYSTORM 1.9
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
i tried your blade and found it heavy and too fast.donic defplay may be good-a lot slower though.butterfly grubba pro is good-slightly faster than the defplay.

_________________
igorponger wrote:
Day -by-day inhalation of the speed glues is not any good for health..


skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 05:17 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 00:43
Posts: 373
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times
peterpong wrote:
i tried your blade and found it heavy and too fast.donic defplay may be good-a lot slower though.butterfly grubba pro is good-slightly faster than the defplay.


I use Chen Weixing at the moment, but need a lighter setup.
I found Defplay to be Way to flexy.

Does anybody have Any experience with re-impact blades, for a modern defensive game ?

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Setup 1: Joola Chen Weixing - Tenergy 05 2.1 red - Tibhar Grass Dtechs Black 0,5
Current rating : 1825.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 05:34 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2016, 21:29
Posts: 855
Location: uk
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 80 times
Blade: DEFPLAY(CUT DOWN)
FH: RAYSTORM 1.9
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
i agree mate.the defplay is too flexi-i have cut my head right down.
i was talking to a bloke the other day who has a chen defender(old green handle)
he did mention re impact blades as being decent.

_________________
igorponger wrote:
Day -by-day inhalation of the speed glues is not any good for health..


skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 05:52 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 00:43
Posts: 373
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Does anybody Else have suggestions ?
Which Re-impact blade Should i choose for a "Chen Weixing" kind of game ?

Happy Christmas everybody :lol:

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Setup 1: Joola Chen Weixing - Tenergy 05 2.1 red - Tibhar Grass Dtechs Black 0,5
Current rating : 1825.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 06:35 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Mar 2016, 08:02
Posts: 34
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I'm sure I read somewhere recently that hallmark blades in the UK do light and oversized blades....

http://www.hallmarktt.co.uk

Hope this helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 07:11 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 294
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Aurus Select 1.9
BH: Keiler 1.2
Dr Neubaer also do a range of light oversized blades from Def to off speeds. They are quite cheap.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 07:25 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 00:43
Posts: 373
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times
ChasFox wrote:
Dr Neubaer also do a range of light oversized blades from Def to off speeds. They are quite cheap.


I am getting interested in the RE-Impact range, anybody has knowledge about Them ?

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Setup 1: Joola Chen Weixing - Tenergy 05 2.1 red - Tibhar Grass Dtechs Black 0,5
Current rating : 1825.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 15:30 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 32046
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1676 times
Been thanked: 1138 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Tenergy05fx wrote:
ChasFox wrote:
Dr Neubaer also do a range of light oversized blades from Def to off speeds. They are quite cheap.


I am getting interested in the RE-Impact range, anybody has knowledge about Them ?

Have a read of the Re-Impact Table Tennis Blade Guide.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 15:46 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 06:20
Posts: 190
Location: England
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: Re-impact Tachi
FH: Palio Thor's
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
I also play a Chen WX kind of a game and I’d recommend the Re-Impact Smart. The weight of these vary so if it’s possible ask for a lighter one. I currently play with an old version Re-Impact Tachi, but the new version plays completely different.

_________________

Blade: Re-Impact Tachi. BH: Grass DTecS (ox, new version) FH: Palio Thor's max


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 18:40 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 00:43
Posts: 373
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Fish wrote:
I also play a Chen WX kind of a game and I’d recommend the Re-Impact Smart. The weight of these vary so if it’s possible ask for a lighter one. I currently play with an old version Re-Impact Tachi, but the new version plays completely different.


On the Re-Impact website They write that it Can be difficult to control pips or anti on the smart blade ?
Does anybody have Any knowledge of this ?

Or is There a better solution ?

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Setup 1: Joola Chen Weixing - Tenergy 05 2.1 red - Tibhar Grass Dtechs Black 0,5
Current rating : 1825.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 20:49 
Offline
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 23:16
Posts: 1325
Location: Somewhere out there!
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 34 times
I have played Talon on the Smart, it is very controllable , I push, block, chop block, and do occasional chops from medium distance, it would be ideal for chopping from further back, has good gears and great for pip attack and reversal!

_________________
_________________
Think, before you drink, before you write!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2017, 22:51 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Mar 2012, 00:43
Posts: 373
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Robot Blocker wrote:
I have played Talon on the Smart, it is very controllable , I push, block, chop block, and do occasional chops from medium distance, it would be ideal for chopping from further back, has good gears and great for pip attack and reversal!


How is the speed of the blade ?
I prefer to use fast tensors Away from the table, but It seems They dont recommend tensors for this blade ?

Is There a blade that is better suited for tensors in the Re-impact range ?

_________________
[color=#FF0000]Setup 1: Joola Chen Weixing - Tenergy 05 2.1 red - Tibhar Grass Dtechs Black 0,5
Current rating : 1825.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 05:09 
Offline
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 23:16
Posts: 1325
Location: Somewhere out there!
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Tenergy05fx wrote:
Robot Blocker wrote:
I have played Talon on the Smart, it is very controllable , I push, block, chop block, and do occasional chops from medium distance, it would be ideal for chopping from further back, has good gears and great for pip attack and reversal!


How is the speed of the blade ?
I prefer to use fast tensors Away from the table, but It seems They dont recommend tensors for this blade ?

Is There a blade that is better suited for tensors in the Re-impact range ?


Speed is decent buddy, I use a Kokutaku 868 tacky rubber in black and it loads up nicely, with great spin, if I put a tensor on, prolly too fast for me, but I have played a RI blade Hydra with a Joola Maxxx P And GDTalon before and it played beautifully both sides!

_________________
_________________
Think, before you drink, before you write!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2017, 07:31 
Online
Super User

Joined: 24 Apr 2011, 11:24
Posts: 517
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 131 times
Blade: Innershield ZLF
FH: Chop-City!
BH: Curl P-4 OX
I don't think any of them will have the feel you want. Going from the chen/Joo blade to a balsa style defensive one... will feel like going from a 2x4 to a sheet of construction paper!

Their extra weight is what gives them that sturdy feel. The balsa ones can be fine for chopping and such, but the offensive gears will suffer. My suggestion would be to find a light koji matsushita DEFENSIVE blade -- they can be around 76 grams, whereas the balsa may be around 60 at the low end for lighter oversized blades. Again, those will be pretty flimsy though.

Or a nittaku resist 2, which can be high 70s or so. Donic Shiono DEF with two tackiness chop 1.9 rubbers weighs in at 164 grams.

_________________
Innershield zlf
Tenergy 80 fx 1.7
Backhand: Curl p-4 OX


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: