OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 01:05 

Sup, I am currently using Donic Appelgren Allplay with 2xMoon Yinhe Rubbers. The rubbers fine, I really like them, but the blade is getting a bit too slow. I've used my friend's Fire Dragon Touch and it's almost ideal, the handle is too thin though. I've also snagged his fake chinese lemuria blades and the ebony was pretty cool one, I really liked the way the blade responded, how it kinda dampened the ball, allowed for easier and precise touch, it is hard too loop with it though. I've also tried a Korbel and donic persson powerplay but I didn't like them. I've also tried the tb spirit and it was decent but touch wasn't as nice. I tried to draw some conclussions and I think just don't like limba top ply. I think that both koto and ebony might have the feeling like, but the w968 8 lemuria was too fast.

Any suggestions which blades to look for? Preferebly crisp and hard top ply, price below 50$.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 01:30 
Super User

I think you got the EJ bug.

You've tried several blades from friends at club. Now that's a move I can get behind because you at least can take them for a test drive first. Get a feel for them. That's smart.

But then your impressions of various blades where "handle is too thin" (could add a grip cover to thicken it up possibly), "too slow", "hard too loop with" (IMO could be just because you're not yet used to this new blade), "didn't like Korbel", "Spirit wasn't as nice", "don't like limba top ply". etc.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's good that you're drawing conclusions from your impressions. But seems like you're always able to find a negative or deal-breaker in some fashion.

I think you should just make a decision and give the blade time for you to get use to it.

I'll give you an example. I played with the Fire Dragon Touch for 3+ years. Really liked it. While it has a lot of strengths, speed certainly isn't one of them. So wanting to stay in the same family as I liked that blade, I got the Fire Dragon Fast. My first 2-3 weeks every time I hit with this blade my impression was "this blade is too fast for me". But I kept playing with it. Kept getitng use to it. Now feels normal to me and I really like how it plays.

So in short, no one blade is perfect IMO. I think you should just make a decision based on what you've tried and give it time for you to get use to it. I think that's better than taking random stranger opinions who might say "get this blade", when their game or style might be completely different from your own.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 02:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Suggestion?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864701460.html

I am not joking.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2020, 06:30 

suds79 wrote:
But then your impressions of various blades where "handle is too thin" (could add a grip cover to thicken it up possibly), "too slow", "hard too loop with" (IMO could be just because you're not yet used to this new blade), "didn't like Korbel", "Spirit wasn't as nice", "don't like limba top ply". etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've been "borrowing" that Fire Dragon Touch for two weeks or so. That handle is tiny mate for my hands. I like the W968-8 clone handle very much. But since it is unbranded blade I am afraid of making the gamble to get as good blade my mate got. If that EJ will get to conclusion that that blade ain't for him I will buy it from him. Also keep in mind that I didn't want to make a "tell me what to buy" thread but more like "tell me what to look for". It is highly probable that someone in somewhat near range of Katowice will have the blade I want and with some beer persuasion he might gimme a go.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 03:16 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Hard top ply does not guarantee hard feel. For example Stiga Nostalgic Allround has very hard Wenge top ply but the blade feel is soft.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 04:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
A very cheap stiff blade is globe 583 .It's got control but I do not recommend it for looping.If you just smash,flat hit,... then ok,...

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32754054 ... b201603_53

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 14:09 
Super User

Hi,

If you could stretch your budget by just $5-10, then I'd recommend Donic Persson Carbotec ... A couple of club-mates play with it, and I borrow it from time-to-time... To me, it seems hard, stiff and pretty fast, and at the same time, it seems excellent for touch-play... The blade works very well, even with LPs (One of the club-mates plays with a D.tecs on it) ..

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 16:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
You could try Butterfly soft grip on the fire Fragon handle to increase thickness,if 1 piece isn't enough double up,I have it on my blade and like the feel

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2020, 17:47 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
walnut top plys feels hard, palio way 005 has walnut top ply and medial ply, you can check at aliexpress cheap at $20 only, its the most controlled 7 ply i have played so far.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2020, 13:27 

Blade: Yasaka Goiabao
FH: Yinhe Jupiter 2 H38
BH: Yinhe Mercury 2 Soft
WhiteDoggo wrote:
suds79 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I've been "borrowing" that Fire Dragon Touch for two weeks or so. That handle is tiny mate for my hands. I like the W968-8 clone handle very much. But since it is unbranded blade I am afraid of making the gamble to get as good blade my mate got. If that EJ will get to conclusion that that blade ain't for him I will buy it from him. Also keep in mind that I didn't want to make a "tell me what to buy" thread but more like "tell me what to look for". It is highly probable that someone in somewhat near range of Katowice will have the blade I want and with some beer persuasion he might gimme a go.

I'm late to comment, but wanted to chime in to agree about the Fire Dragon Touch flared handle. It's way too skinny; skinnier than the Gambler Zen. I had to add grip tape, which still isn't perfect and changed the feel. It affected my grip so much, I had to order a different blade. I'll be handing down the Fire Dragon Touch to my kid when they turn 5 :D