OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 11 Apr 2024, 07:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 06:03 

Hi equipment experts...

Has anyone tried the Yinhe E4 and the Nittaku Violin ? I have read some very good things about the violin, but to the price tag is a bit too hefty for me as a local league player. I have read that the E4 is a clone of the violin so I was thinking of giving it a try?

Couple of things I need to think about...

I love my Yinhe 896 and I keep going back to it. I can do most things I want with it.. it lacks some speed on blocks sometimes, but then I have to remember to force myself to play the shots (usually too late after I have lost the point though).

I tried a Stiga Infinity VPS about 3 years ago and I found it too fast to control for my lower level ,my shots were all over the place but then it was probably too early for me to use that blade at that time.

In the same year I punted for the 896 following the constant praises I read of Der Echte of the 896 and this was when I fell in love with it.

A year later I tried a SPW and I just couldn't get used to it.. it "felt" wrong for me,shots were better than my SI VPS experience, but I don't think it was the type of "feel" that others of this forum talk about as I don't consider myself a high enough level to be that tuned in. back to the 896 I went.

Another year passed and I tried a w6 and this blade I like the speed of, I could play most shots I wanted, but just couldn't loop with it as well as the 896, so again 896 was back on the table.

I tried a Yinhe Pro-feeling on the off chance that I could use it.... blocking was awesome, I couldn't miss when blocking, everything was steered back onto the table, shame though that I hit everything long as again it was too fast for me at my level.

So now I recently happened across someone else talking about the Nittaku Violin, sounds like a nice blade but wow EXPENSIVE :( !!!

Thanks for bearing with me and reading this far :)

So having read the reviews and found a clone, I have these things to ask....

1) Can anyone tell me about the Yinhe E4 in comparison to the Violin?
2) What would people's opinion be for me to use the e4/Violin type of blade based on my experiences with blades above ?
3) I would like the blade to have a little more pace, be able to let me spin a little more (I know already... PRACTICE BRUSHING ;)), but still retain the control that I have found in the 896.

Many thanks in advance.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 11:15 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Save up for the real deal!
The Violin is top notch!

Had the E4 but pale in comparison.
Violin would fit wide range of play. Very good performance and feel.
Enough speed with fast rubbers and/or physical strength.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!