OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 22:24 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevalier
FH: Victas V22 double extra
BH: Friendship Bloom Spin 1.5
I did the coin trick and played 4 cup matches with it.
It was against lower level players who got 12-15 points ahead but it gave an idea.

The balance changed so it feels less heavy(top) but it gained weight off course because of the coin. I am not sure if my wrist hurts less because of the coin or because of the not so difficult matches I played. But the reaction is slower I think because of the heavier blade. The coin will be on the blade for a few weeks so I can test it a little more. My set-up is again 2 euro more expensive......... :o

Greetings

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 11:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Boxersss wrote:
I looked at the sanwei M8 blade. Its light but its too slow for me I think.

In the past I looked at the Darker 7p-2a 7 ply hinoki (own the darker speed btw). But is a light balsa core blade good with the hard chinese rubbers? Maybe the outer hinoki compensate for that?
Allready play with rasanter 1.7mm on BH for the weight. I switched to chinese rubber one year ago and I like it so much. Only problem is the weight......

Chinese rubber is heavy?? I have not found that to be the case.. most is certainly not as heavy as some Tensors I've weighed. There are SOME really heavy ones - Dawei 2008XP and Haifu Whale for instance - most are medium weight. Which rubbers do you mean in particular?

I don't believe in the "balancing the blade by weighting the handle" business. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Yes, it makes that weight you're swinging at the end of your forearm heavier. As for stress on the wrist - you're supposed to keep the wrist loose and allow the weight of the racket to whip forward (if you believe Brett) rather than using the wrist muscles to accelerate the bat. The heavier the blade head the more whip you get and the less work the wrist has to do.

Iskandar