OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 23:18 

I also had an unfortunate experiance with TT11, few years back.
I placed order for a blade which was at higher end in our local environment. Soon I was taken sick, and actionless for some months. Cant rememebr how long now. When I was back to normal health, I realized the blade never arrived. I emailed TT11, but was told nothing could be done as they couldn't keep track anymore.
As a result, I lost more than 500 dollars by local currency.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 22:32 

jixiaolan kc wrote:
I also had an unfortunate experiance with TT11, few years back.
I placed order for a blade which was at higher end in our local environment. Soon I was taken sick, and actionless for some months. Cant rememebr how long now. When I was back to normal health, I realized the blade never arrived. I emailed TT11, but was told nothing could be done as they couldn't keep track anymore.
As a result, I lost more than 500 dollars by local currency.

I'm sorry to hear this. Your experience is out of the ordinary for how we handle these things. I've sent you a message. I'd like to help fix this.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 22:18 

Blade: Timo boll alc
FH: Tenergy 80
whoaah.... i am so surprised knowing i am not the only one who has bad experience with S&T black and white blade.... I bought this blade from TT11 at february 5th 2019 and it arrived a week later... The first time i opened the plastic of the blade and i was going to glue a rubber on it with water based glue, i found the backhand side has a crack you can see in the photos. I don't blame tt11 for this because their packing is absolutely safe, they always give me very excellent service whenever i buy from them. I asked them via email to mark this not to happen again and they responded it with very quick and good response. :). Hopefully S&T will improve their quality of their products in the futureImageImageImageImage

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 22:53 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
It really isn’t good enough. Still waiting for my new setup and irritated about what has happened.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2019, 22:58 

Bulldog wrote:
It really isn’t good enough. Still waiting for my new setup and irritated about what has happened.
Bulldog
where did you buy your blade sir? yeah it's very irritating for me knowing there's a crack on the blade despite it's brand new :(

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 02:10 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
It was a UK supplier. I would not wish to name them.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2019, 23:00 

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Xiom Vega Def 2.0
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
@Bulldog As you are getting nowhere with your supplier, have you spoken to S&T? There is clearly an issue here but are S&T aware of this? I think both Sebastian Sauer & Pascal Troger are members here but may not have seen this thread

Steve

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 00:56 

TT11 has kindly refunded me for the cracked black and white blade... what an excellent company with excellent service

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2019, 01:34 
Super User

FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
On a positive note I have now played a full league season with the Black & White and am overall very pleased. It has allowed me to have the same low weight as my TSP balsa blades but without all the shortcomings.

I originally thought the FH was a bit slow but have now realised that was due to the high linearity of both the blade and Aurus Select. Compared to the TSP balsa the low speed rebound is much slower so you have to be firmer in pushing and blocking. However when letting rip the speed is actually quite high enough for club level and no doubt due to the carbon layers it does not lose control like the TSP balsa blades thereby allowing very accurate placement. The blade is equally good at looping and flat hitting. The only weak area for me in the FH is chopping but that may be as much due to the Aurus Select rubber and technique as the blade. Overall the blade & rubber combo works really well give a firm and precise feel with good feedback.

The BH which is the slower side is very controlled with a softish feel and allows a very precise block and attack game with medium pips. Again you have to be quite firm in the short game due to the lack of bounce typical I believe of a carbon reinforced blade.

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 20:48 
Super User

Still enjoying this blade and now experimenting with grass dtecs red 1.2mm on the back hand. Initial results very encouraging the slowish BH side of the B&W allowing a lot of control on blocks but still enough speed to attack.

Only issue now is that I need to change by FH rubber to a black sheet. The Aurus Select 1.9mm is just a bit slow and lacks spin so thinking of either going to 2.1mm as Hopefully black plus the thicker sponge will give a bit more grip than red 1.9 in the Select. Alternatively may try Tibhar ELS 2mm or Xiom Euro VII in 2mm.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 04:46 

I like pretty much everything about the blade. It is light & spinny & I can place the ball well. However the problem I find is that I can't finish the point with a smash. I can hit the ball as hard as I like but it tends to come back. I wondered about putting a heavy rubber in Max on the FH but I'm not convinced that going from 2.0 to Max is going to make that much difference. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I realise I could go down the thicker balsa blade route but the B&W tends to be linear in a way that other balsa blades are not

Steve

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 06:14 
Super User

Hi Steve.You are using a slow FH rubber and also the OX LP is adding no weight behind your shots. If you go with a medium hard tensor you should find plenty of speed and 2mm should be plenty thick enough. Aurus Select works well as does Evolution FXS or you could try ELS or even MXP if you like to hit hard, just avoid softish and very high catapult rubbers like Rhyzer.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 06:38 

Thank you for that Chas. I may have the solution already then. I have a sheet of Xiom Vega Def in 2mm which is one of the hardest rubbers available according to GeblockTT. It is a heavy rubber but given the blade is light it won't be a ridiculously heavy setup. It's currently on another blade but that's not an issue. I'll transfer it & see if the smashes still come back

regards

Steve

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 18:07 
Super User

Post an update of how you get on with Vega Def. From the Geblock TT video it actually seems quite a fast rubber so it is just going to be a matter of whether it suits the Black & White blade. With Aurus Select which is a medium hard low catapult sponge I have found plenty of speed on hitting with a total bat weight of about 148gm.

If you like the spinny Marder top sheet you could iof course try Marder IV which has a much faster sponge.

You are right about needing to be able to hit hard on the FH as this is the way to win with the polyball. Make your openings and then slam it. A club colleague who has a controlled attacking game, has just got back from playing in the Budapest vets open and did quite well but remarked on return how hard the players even in the 60+ group were now hitting the ball.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2019, 06:21 

I tried the Vega Def on the Black & White for an hour this evening. I can report that the smashes are not coming back & I got some additional points by using spin only. My bat is coming in at 125gm which is 5gm heavier than the previous setup with Marder II. Vega Def is a really good rubber. Unfortunately although it's called Def it's only available in 2.0 & Max so probably ruled out for a lot of pure defenders. It's also not stocked by that many suppliers. It suits my game fine as I chop & block as well as hit. Now all I need to do is decide what OX LP works best & I'm all set for the new season in September.

Thank you so much for the suggestion of a tensor. I think it's a very good match for the blade.

Steve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next