OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2018, 09:51 

Blade: Innerforce ZLC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Hopefully one of you guys can help with this.

I'm looking for a blade similar to the Sardius in terms of the construction of the handle, feel of the handle, and overall thickness of the bat head. I have somewhat long fingers, so when I held the Sardius for the first time I instantly had that "this feels great" moment. However, with the older style carbon and wood choice, this blade is too fast.

I *really* like how the handle leans more towards conical, and how it feels thicker in the hand than a normal bfly handle. But the important point for me is that it feels thicker where I pinch the rubber with my thumb and pointer finger. Pinching T05 on a Primorac, Viscaria, Innerforce, Freitas, etc.. can start to hurt due to it being more narrow. However on the sardius it feels just right.

This may read as unintelligible ramble, but to anyone who has suggestions, I'd love to look into it.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2018, 09:58 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I would suggest ordering a custom blade. Send them your Sardius for precision sizing of handle, head, thickness dimensions. Then you could tell them what you want in terms of speed etc. They could make you slower version of it.

instagram: rokphishtt

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2018, 11:18 
Super User

Seems like you like yourself a thick blade with large handle. Off the top of my head the old Adidas C300 (discontinued but still found, at discount if i may add) suits the bill. 7.4mm thick, and if I remember correctly Adidas made handles that always felt a bit thicker than everyone else's. It's an all wood blade and not as fast as sardius, but it does edge out even Masunov (IMO) which is in itself faster than most composites. Probably as fast as all-wood, non-Jpen blades go.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2018, 12:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Is the Sardius that thick? My suggestion is grip tape (or bandage tape). If the handle is too thin at the top add tape there.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2018, 14:04 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

It's very hard to get similar size of thickness and at the same time the right size of handle.

Most difficult is to get the same type/size of handle. So if this is the most important requirement, custom is the only way to go.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2018, 08:40 

Blade: Innerforce ZLC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
iskandar taib wrote:
Is the Sardius that thick? My suggestion is grip tape (or bandage tape). If the handle is too thin at the top add tape there.

Iskandar

It's weird. It feels very thick where I hold it with my thumb and pointer finger... like how Dima is holding his bat here: Image

The more space created by the bat+rubber thickness, the easier it is to perform forehand loops. I actually don't really care all that much about the literal handle. I'm training with Zaman Molla here in SoCal and he coaches very by the book, fundamentals. Grip is something we talk about a lot. Keeping a very loose grip until point of contact and then pinching, with the wrist down, is WAY easier to do when you're holding a thicker combination of rubber and wood. Imagine throwing a frisbee with just your thumb, pointer finger, and your wrist to toss it. Tossing a thicker plastic frisbee would be easier than a thin one. It's pretty much the same feeling to me. Blades like the primorac (5 ply wood), feel awful in this department despite my affinity for limba all wood blades. It's way too thin. It starts to make my fingers ache.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2018, 16:04 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Thicker is not always better. Just wait until you tried thicker handle than you like and you'll see and feel the dislike.