OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2018, 03:44 

Hello everyone! I am a new member. I have played tabletennis for 4 year. I played a 5-ply of wood blade, and now i am playing a 7-ply of wood blade. But with the new ball, i feel the speed of the hitting ball is so slowly. also with the blocking with the hand fatigue. So i want to buy an cheap ALC blade about 40$. I have some choice from DHS: PG5, H301, Fangbo2....
If you played those blades, could you compare the feeling of them?
Or propose another blades which you played good with a cheap price.
Many thanks!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2018, 09:37 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Sorry I can't help with the choice but they all have faith good reviews, especially 301.

What are the 5 and 7 ply? Could you use thicker rubbers?

What level do you play, do you need to upgrade?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2018, 10:13 

Cobalt wrote:
Sorry I can't help with the choice but they all have faith good reviews, especially 301.

Thanks for your attention. I don't know my level now, but my play is the blance of Bh and Fh, the distance frrom table is near or medium. I like defence and then attacking after, good control. Before i only play some cheap ALL blade for starting, they are yinhe n10, pg8, after i play a 7-ply wood blade that made in my country, it 's off blade. But now with the new ball i have some difficulty from hitting the ball strong, or defending attacking balls,... so i want to play a composite blade to improve the quality of my balls.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 11:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 81812.html

(Wheel? :lol: )

or this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 53618.html

??

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 14:54 

iskandar taib wrote:

I haven't played XVT before...

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 16:43 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
Hi there depends on what type of style u play chinese (play harder rubbers with medium flex and stiffness blades) or european (hard blades with medium hard rubbers)

If u play chinese style go with any blade with medium stiffness and flex (both about 5 to 6/10 on revspin.net) around as flex helps with the top spin and loop from FH,esp stiga infinity vps v or 729 bomb dont go with carbon immediately as u will have hard time to adapt as they are quite fast.Chinese always have tensor rubbers on BH esp t05 with harder sponge or t80 with harder sponge. At the price u r trying to buy currently stiga infinity vps v is available for 45 dollars on table tennis 11.I wanted to buy this so bad but i got second hand great looking blades from my club mentor at half the price and these blades are amazing by xiom but expensive.

With european style u can go with any of the hard blades i mean with stiffness and hardness around 7 to 8 and any medium hard rubber

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 20:36 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
M.Hoang wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

Thanks for your attention. I don't know my level now, but my play is the blance of Bh and Fh, the distance frrom table is near or medium. I like defence and then attacking after, good control. Before i only play some cheap ALL blade for starting, they are yinhe n10, pg8, after i play a 7-ply wood blade that made in my country, it 's off blade. But now with the new ball i have some difficulty from hitting the ball strong, or defending attacking balls,... so i want to play a composite blade to improve the quality of my balls.
I don't think that N10 or Pg8 are that slow. Both around Off-. You may gain speed from carbon but will lose elsewhere. You should be able to generate plenty of speed from those. The top players at my club all use Off- or slower. The best player in our region uses All+. They do however all use Euro tensor rubbers in max thickness.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018, 21:39 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
What rubber are you using/liking?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 00:11 

darucla wrote:

Thanks for all help. I am using chinese rubber. And i also want to buy a chinese blade to play for a long time. Those blade are some i found that having good reviews.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 00:53 

Cobalt wrote:
M.Hoang wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

I don't think that N10 or Pg8 are that slow. Both around Off-. You may gain speed from carbon but will lose elsewhere. You should be able to generate plenty of speed from those. The top players at my club all use Off- or slower. The best player in our region uses All+. They do however all use Euro tensor rubbers in max thickness.

Do they play with hard rubbers? I know that many good players use off- or off blade with hard rubbers.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 01:39 

M.Hoang wrote:
darucla wrote:

Thanks for all help. I am using chinese rubber. And i also want to buy a chinese blade to play for a long time. Those blade are some i found that having good reviews.

I play with chinese on FH then u should go with 729 bomb great blade with harder outer layers and u can generate enough power and it costs only 18 dollars in usa one of the best, for me it played like a carbon blade. Always go with off blade so u learn to control ur game when u have mastered it then go grab a carbon off blade. I consider 729 bomb one of the best blades ever if u go on revspin it has so many reviews u can read through them.This blade is darn good fro blocking and looping.I play with for practice and then recently i graduated to xion zeta quad.729 Bomb has cork layer in middle so it never loses its flexibility,Who ever designed it its a masterpiece. I have a piece of advice dont go for off plus blades ever and waste money. u use off blades and buy slightly faster rubber than before to control the speed.I wasted approximately 400 dollars trying new blades.If u use chinese on FH then go with tensor on BH if ur budget is 40 dollars for tensor rubber i would go for rakza 7 or rakza x or yasaka valmo,if budget is around 20 dollars go for battle 1 rubber.For me the rubber which comes closest to t05 is rakza 7 and mxp, but mxp doesnot last long rakza 7 u can use it for about 6 months.
With chinese rubbers i will remind u u need to have some flex or else if u put them on hard blades u cant play close to table i mean it bcoz u cant generate enough force.It will be darn too slow and ur opponent will kill u.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 02:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Problem with the Bomb is they (729) does not make it any more. You can still find them around but it's old stock (not that blades expire or anything... :lol: ). There was a shop in the Phillipines that had some... they sell online. All the usual Chinese sources don't have it.

Try a Yinhe N11.. it's a little on the fast side. And it's cheap, so you won't waste much if you end up not liking it. I used it a lot, and eventually went to something SLOWER (and even cheaper!). Now my loops and blocks are more consistent and I hit the table more.

M.Hoang wrote:
I haven't played XVT before...

I suspect they OEM blades for a lot of other companies.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 03:31 

Fortunately us stores still have bomb available esp zero pong where i brought my two of them and then sanded them appropriately to fit my hands
they are for 18 bucks a piece

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 07:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Problem with the Bomb is they (729) does not make it any more.

Not true, it's still made, we got a batch only recently.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 07:54 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Of the 3 DHS blades mentioned in the first post, I actually have them all. The one I used for the last season is the H301 , which has pretty much everything I could want (I bought it when recovering from a broken wrist to help with a bit more power than my HL3). Good control and lots of power on tap, without being ridiculously fast. And clearly works with Chinese rubber. The FB2 is very similar, but a little less dynamic in my experience, although I haven't played with it in a year or so. The PG5 was bought as a backup to the FB2, but is a little underwhelming. The 301 should last many years.