OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 05:26 

I am little confused. Reading an old post from Silver, he considered Septear just a bit slower than the Acoustic, and faster than the Violin. So I assumed that the Septear would be faster than the Korbel.
But if you check the site http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis and you go to the reviews of the Nitakku Ludeack and the Butterfly SK7 light, you will find charts where the Septear is considered slower than the Korbel and the Violin! The reviews are in Korean, language I don't read, but the important thing is the chart of speed.By the way, the SK7 light review is the one above the "Tremendous" review.
Somebody can take me out of the confussion?

Last edited by Pelotitas on 05 Jul 2008, 05:15, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 11:26 
I am Legend
I am Legend

blade variation?

At these blade speeds, you're probably better off choosing for feel rather than the small difference in overall speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2008, 16:50 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Septear is a very different blade to the Violin. Its much more than speed, its also the stroke being played. A speed for speed comparison is very much about the stroke being played e.g. drive, loop or short stroke.

I don't really want to review them though, for controlled looping Septear is better, with the Violin offering less control.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2008, 08:19 
Super User

Pelotitas wrote:
I am little confused. Reading an old post from Silver, he considered Septear just a bit slower than the Acoustic, and faster than the Violin. So I assumed that the Septear would be faster than the Korbel.
But if you check the site www.cafe.daum.net/htabletennis, and you go to the reviews of the Nitakku Ludeack and the Butterfly SK7 light, you will find charts where the Septear is considered slower than the Korbel and the Violin! The reviews are in Korean, language I don't read, but the important thing is the chart of speed.By the way, the SK7 light review is the one above the "Tremendous" review.
Somebody can take me out of the confussion?

put the right link , please

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008, 05:17 

Yes, you are right. Now I edited the link in my initial post. Thanks for the observation :wink: