OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 03:54 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Tried Stiga Clipper Classic with Spinlord Waran 1.8 and Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.3.

Unexpectedly it was very effective combination for chopping both FH and BH.
I am not a chopper but control, low traectory and spin was very nice.

Unfortunately other things was not so good.
This blade combination was very heavy and too fast for close to the table game.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 13:23 
Super User

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Haifu Dolphin
BH: Pogo
it's a good blade overall, but faster

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 14:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I believe Fabian Åkerström uses a Clipper.

They can differ a lot in weight, so you might be able to find one more close to 80 grams.

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 11:22 
Super User

Well I discovered that I am not good enough to play any MPs on any blade.

Clipper with Waran and Dornenglanz is excellent close to the table combination.
The control of height and direction is wonderful so I need to lift balls much less then had to do with ordinal blades. Passive blocking is not a good strategy with such fast blade, but simple style with mainly smash SP FH and push/punch deep, low and fast with BH.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 01:05 
Super User

Spinlord Waran has lower throw then Spinlord Degu. Nice for chopping but too low for attacking on Clipper.

Spinlord Degu known as choppers rubber is better for drive/smash and worse in FH chopping on Clipper.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 15:06 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:

Doesn't Gustaf Eriksson play with a Clipper-Dornenglanz comobo ?

Def-attack wrote:
They can differ a lot in weight, so you might be able to find one more close to 80 grams.

I've searched high-n-low for a sub-85gms Clipper, but the lightest I came across is 88gms... Most of them were around 90gms give or take.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 18:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ootbs wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Doesn't Gustaf Eriksson play with a Clipper-Dornenglanz comobo ?

Def-attack wrote:

I've searched high-n-low for a sub-85gms Clipper, but the lightest I came across is 88gms... Most of them were around 90gms give or take.

I believe Gustaf uses a Clipper CC, not sure. And he uses Dornenglanz, I think in ox. FAbian also uses that rubber, but maybe with a little sponge, not sure.

Very difficult to find a Clipper Classic below 90 grams but a WRB (hollow handle) could be close to 80 gram. You may make it lighter by putting it in the oven at 80 degrees C for a few hours. But then the properties may change as well.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 01:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
You may make it lighter by putting it in the oven at 80 degrees C for a few hours. But then the properties may change as well.

You are very right,however, with time the wood will absorb humidity and it will gain some weight again. Also, the blade can get faster and you might not like this .Maybe a sanding process is the best idea to make any blade lighter : sand down either the handle,wings or the top ply .

By bombastic courtesy of Char Def

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 15:01 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:

I believe Gustaf uses a Clipper CC, not sure. And he uses Dornenglanz, I think in ox. FAbian also uses that rubber, but maybe with a little sponge, not sure.

Oh okay .. Was not sure of the exact variant of Clipper... But, the CC variant of Clipper is faster (??) ..

Also, didn't know that Dornenglanz is available with Sponge .. Or perhaps, it's a custom version (??)

Def-attack wrote:
Very difficult to find a Clipper Classic below 90 grams but a WRB (hollow handle) could be close to 80 gram. You may make it lighter by putting it in the oven at 80 degrees C for a few hours. But then the properties may change as well.

naahh .. Seen the WRB variants of Clipper too, and even those were around 85gms±.

I'd rather just buy an all-together different lighter blade, rather than sticking a Clipper into the oven ..Just out of the curiosity would baking any blade have an effect on the lens part of the handle, or stick/tag etc, at the bottom of the handle ?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 17:59 
Super User

I wonder why one wants the blade lighter then its standard weight. The same question about hand-tuning rubbers and changing factory sponges. It makes useless to discuss equipment properties in internet forums.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 21:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Omut wrote:
I wonder why one wants the blade lighter then its standard weight. The same question about hand-tuning rubbers and changing factory sponges. It makes useless to discuss equipment properties in internet forums.
I have two versions of my blade Sword Final Strike, one at 73 gram, the other was at 90 gram. I have one Clipper at 92 gram and the other at 99 gram. It can differ a lot from one to another of the same blade and they behave very different. So my Sword at 90 gram is very different from the one at 73, almost a completely different blade. I dried it down to 86 gram, but that was the limit. That was just to be able to use it in approximately the same way as the other - same with the heavy Clipper.

I want lighter blade for health reasons and also m, sometimes, for how it playes. The lighter Clipper has more control and less speed than the heavy one.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 22:13 
Super User

Omut wrote:

I have multiple issues with my playing arm, starting form Shoulder, to Elbow, to wrist - Which is why I can play with only light setups, and which is why I switched to LP, in the first place ..

Stiga Clipper is one of the blades I quite like; even with Long Pips .. However, the average Clipper blade is heavy for me ... I understand that a lighter and average blade would probably have different playing characteristics, but it won't be radically different..

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2021, 02:32 

Blade: Victas Fire Fall FC
FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
The stiga clipper CC is great for long pimples, but heavy. I have the same problem, I need a lighter one. I found in the victas koki niwa wood in 83 grams an alternative. If you have the opportunity to try it, I recommend that or the Victas Fire Fall FC that has more control than the Koki niwa wood.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 05:39 
Super User

I had a couple of 90g Clipper Woods. Enjoyed them. I do not like the feel of my new 85g one. Too much vibrations. But will play with it anyway for a while. It still performs better then any substitutes I tried.