OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Stiga Carbonardo 245
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2023, 05:26 
Super User

Always preferred the 290 version as I considered it faster but today with Nittaku Fastarc G1 Black on the backhand and a Dignisc 05 Red on the forehand it just seemed to work much better.

195g so on the heavy side.

Feel is similar to the 290 version - super crisp,hard,sort of like bouncing a ball on a rock hard blade without rubber.

Usually dwell time and spin are lacking with these hard sounding blades but with the 245 you get much more dwell time than you would expect and the spin was much higher as a result than with the 290 which has a even lower throw - if that is possible.

The 245 also has a very low throw because of its speed though reviewers say it has a medium to high throw but not my experience.

Revspin rate this blade as 9.7 for speed.

I agree but only with fast rubbers.

The 05 Dignics seemed to be significantly faster than the Nittaku so I used it on my forehand.

Lost the first game with it to a much lower player 11-2 so I binned it. The super low throw had me very confused.

Tried it again an hour later and started to play better with it.

Insane speed,low arc and occasionally very spinny.

Even away from the table you only need a short swing with moderate racquet head speed to counter loop or counter hit - it really is that fast. Maybe the fastest combo I've ever used with control.

Lost my backhand punch last few years but the hard feel - a bit like the Butterfly Sardius blade i surprised myself with a few good punches.

Overall insanely fast,fast flat blocking is its strength. General super high speed on all strokes especially on flat forehand drives.

Feel is more clunky than the 290 as well as super crisp.

High dwell time for such a crazy quick blade.

The two rubbers are perfect combo with it.

More enjoyable to use than my TSP Versal with two Hurricane rubbers but it takes time to tame the 245.

Massively enjoyable to use but if I'm off my game or there is high humidity I will use the TSP blade.

Post subject: Re: Stiga Carbonardo 245
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2023, 09:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The whole carbonardo range is discontinued, isn't it?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2023, 21:16 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
It's good that have found a great combination for yourself. I personally dislike carbon blades since I changed my style from offensive to modern defensive, but while I was attacking I liked it.

Have you ever tried an innercarbon blade?

I'm tempted to believe the Carbonado series are still produced, but only certain ones.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2023, 01:59 
Super User

The Innerforce ZLC is inner carbon and i have one but whilst fast it's not really a beast of a blade.

I tried a Viscaria with two 09C rubbers - felt safer as in more spin on return of serve and 3rd ball spin attack.

Trouble was in a rally it was slow by comparison. Speed was much,much less and arc was much higher.

My forehand drive penetration was non existent with this combo.

I bought another second hand 245 for 120 dollars and tried it with two slower rubbers - 05 FX black on the backhand and Joola Energy Extra on the forehand.

It was not near so fast. The Joola felt a bit mushy on the forehand.

Going to varnish this blade and put the same two rubbers so I can have identical combos - don't ask me why.

Blocking with the 245 and 05 Dignics and Nittaku Fastarc G1 almost becomes a counter. Super fast and flat blocks.

I am not able to counter spin or counter hit anyone's loops so the 245 really helps me when I'm on the defence.

I think as you get older and slower super fast combos can add power to your game and really help back from the table.

Lastly I will say 05 Dignics red is the best rubber I've ever tried on my forehand.

Sort of with the grip of Hurricane and the speed of European rubbers. Not a big fan of 05 though.

And also has a really hard feel. Expensive yes - but worth it.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2023, 20:49 
Super User

In the last 6 to 12 months I've been swapping between the 245,the Joola R1 and the Joola Xylo 5 ply.

Recently I took the Andro black Hexer Powergrip SFXwhich has a softer sponge off my Joola R1 in a whim and put it on my forehand of my 245 which I was planning on selling.

https://revspin.net/rubber/andro-hexer- ... p-sfx.html

Anyway,bingo I loved instantly the feeling or sound.

3 weeks later still loving it.

Overall the softer sponge has reduced the overall weight considerably.

The 245 Carbonardo definitely needs a softer sponge on one side otherwise it's just too heavy a blade.

Using Dignics 05 red on my backhand and the Powergrip SFX on the other side seems to have improved my control with the 05 Dignics rubber which is unusual.

The Powergrip has a lower throw than the 05 Dignics but still offers decent spin unlike some softer sponge rubbers. Very fast when you brush loop shallow and crazy fast when you flat drive.

Others have tried it and liked it but most loopers prefer the Dignics on the forehand.

If you have a 245 try these two rubbers in combo - they seem to compliment
each other really well.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2023, 16:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

haggisv wrote:
The whole carbonardo range is discontinued, isn't it?

Is it? I guess that explains the lack of Stop Sign Carbonados....

Wonder why. I can't imagine they'd run out of the special broad weave carbon cloth (surely Stiga's big enough to get someone to custom weave them the cloth). Maybe they weren't selling well. Or maybe too many people saying there wasn't much difference compared to the other carbon blades they were selling?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2023, 22:52 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Here in Hungary some online shops still have some Carbonados left, at most places the 145 that is still available.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2023, 14:47 
Super User

Yesterday i put two different rubbers on my spare 245.

A older red Tenergy 80 on my forehand and a red Razka 7 soft on my backhand.

The throw of the Tenergy 80 compared to the softer sponge Andro Powergrip SFX was much higher and as a result I just was not able to generate the power on my flat forehand drives.

The soft Raska 7 on my backhand - the feel was nice and it gripped the ball well.

It bottomed out on a backhand punch good which resulted in a nice low ball change up.

Overall the experiment was a disaster lol.

Much less power in both my backhand and forehand.

05 Dignics red is such a amazingly fast rubber for brush looping and the Andro Powergrip SFX black is easily the best inverted I've used anyway for flat hitting. It still is decent on topsin and is super low sensitive to incoming spin.

Just going to stick to these two rubbers with the 245.

No plans on doing more testing.