OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 05:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 08:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
It is a pity.The new version seems to be worse. The old versions of many blades tend to be much better.There are exceptions , of course.

Before buying the new version of such and such blade I suggest checking this forum.People here help a lot with their experience.

:clap:

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 17:32 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
The Spinlord defender is a really nice controlled blade for OX LP at the table, best with a light rubber on the FH as otherwise may be a bit head heavy as it is an oversized blade with light handle. I also tried recently an NSD but could not control it with OX maybe be due to the thick hinoki ply and carbon construction making it quite bouncy. Felt great in the hand with a nice large handle and not head heavy, but clearly a blade that needs acclimatization, unlike say the Spinlord which I could pick up and play OK immediately.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2024, 01:56 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
charmander defender wrote:
It is a pity.The new version seems to be worse. The old versions of many blades tend to be much better.There are exceptions , of course.

Before buying the new version of such and such blade I suggest checking this forum.People here help a lot with their experience.

If you're referring to the NSD blade, there were actually three versions. The general consensus seems to be that the original version (which I never had a chance to try) was very good, the second version was not the best (I can confirm that), but the current version is good once again (I use the current version and love it, though I can't compare it to the original).

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2024, 05:22 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:
I guess people recommending NSD it's to defend playing only active right?

You mean, active blocking as opposed to passive blocking? The NSD is good for both styles of blocking (keeps the ball low, with good dampening effect), but against higher-level players, you need to be able to do both with any blade. Passive blocking alone will result in balls that are too easy for good loopers/drivers to blast past you. You can also chop with the NSD, but that's not what it's ideally designed for.

I mean active play.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 03:27 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

merlin el mago wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:
I guess people recommending NSD it's to defend playing only active right?

You mean, active blocking as opposed to passive blocking? The NSD is good for both styles of blocking (keeps the ball low, with good dampening effect), but against higher-level players, you need to be able to do both with any blade. Passive blocking alone will result in balls that are too easy for good loopers/drivers to blast past you. You can also chop with the NSD, but that's not what it's ideally designed for.

I mean active play.

Well, it's really just a question of level, I guess. You can definitely play passively with the NSD, insofar as it very good for dampening and spin reversal, but the problem is that with friction pips, you're never going to get enough spin reversal with passive blocking to defeat better opponents, so you wind up having to mix it up a bit, with passive blocks, chop blocks and other kinds of blocks mixed in, and as far as how aggressively you play against pushes, again, I think it depends more on your playing psychology and your/your opponent's level than on the blade. The NSD is perfectly fine for attacking, but you can also play a very safe game with it if you want to and wait for errors. The problem is that, again, against better opponents, you're not going to get too many errors unless you force them by creating pressure and variation. Don't know if that answers your question or not, but the main point I'd make is that the NSD is very versatile and good for a control-type game, if that's what you want to play, or an active game, if you prefer that.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 05:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

If you're referring to the NSD blade, there were actually three versions. The general consensus seems to be that the original version (which I never had a chance to try) was very good, the second version was not the best (I can confirm that), but the current version is good once again (I use the current version and love it, though I can't compare it to the original).

Sorry! I was referring to the second version ; was the 2018 one , right?.the one that is the poorest of the three,I mean .

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 19:41 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I own MTC and I doubt NSD will be the same or better.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2024, 08:24 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Sorry! I was referring to the second version ; was the 2018 one , right?.the one that is the poorest of the three,I mean .

Yes, I think that's right.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 05:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The only solution I came up with was to check out on Angelica Rozeanu's blade.

Quite a juggernaut!!!.Nobody makes this kind of blades any more

Attachments:
pritzi.jpg
pritzi.jpg [ 168.11 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]
63b8004b2682c.jpg
63b8004b2682c.jpg [ 631.29 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 07:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

All right! let's assume you find, or get it made, a super extra large blade.

No manufacturer will make topsheets big enough for you,right?

Therefore,it is not just the problem of getting an extra large blade.

It is possible to convince LP users all over the world? yes, but with the current "panorama"......

....like shouting in the desert,IMO.......don't say you are not right , just say pretty complicated indeed

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 10:55 
Super User

All seriousness aside, whilst talking BIG, beat this!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 20:59 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
if you are in the UK you could try one of the Woodnut defensive blades from Custom table tennis. They will more or less make the blade size, weight and construction you want and the quality is very high.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 01:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ChasFox wrote:
if you are in the UK you could try one of the Woodnut defensive blades from Custom table tennis. They will more or less make the blade size, weight and construction you want and the quality is very high.

Very true.You can also check out their youtube channel.

The owner sounds like a nice guy,BTW.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 22:25 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
With Cybershape it was interesting, I tried a few pips. The Grass D Tec S was not very good on that blade in my opinion. The Hellfire X was great. The Spectre was also good. All in OX.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!