OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Which of these setups would be the best for a modern defensive player ( level- low intermediate)
Poll ended at 14 Dec 2023, 04:07
BLADE - BUTTERFLY DIODE 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
FH- YASAKA RAKZA 7 SOFT/YASAKA RAKZA 7 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
BH- BUTTERFLY TACKINESS CHOP 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
POSSIBLE SETUP 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Blade- Butterfly diode 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fh- Butterfly tenerogy 05 / tenergy 05 fx 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Backhand- victas vs 401 or victas v15 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Possible setup 3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
BLADE- VICTAS KOJI MATSUSHITA DEF + 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
FH - victas vs 401 or victas v15 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
BH - XIOM VEGA EURO 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2023, 04:07 

Hello everyone

Need suggestions and valuable advice before selecting the equipment.I am looking forward to carry on and develop my game as a modern defender much like Pros an Greats like Ruwen Filus , Gionis Panagiotis and the all time great and my favorite Joo se Hyuk.
I would categorise myself as a low -intermediate player.I play at a local club and take part at times in some district level competitions.I mostly rely on forehand chops and if required chop the ball from backhand and very occasionally loop the ball.I am looking forward to take my game to the next level.

My current setup is -
Blade - Butterfly Peter korbel
FH - yasaka rakza 7
Bh- Butterfly rozena

I am looking forward to upgrade the setup to something having a defense oriented approach .Although I am not comfortable using pimples for chopping and looking for an inverted rubber option on both backhand and forehand. I have narrowed down my research to ths 3 setups .please share your valuable advice.Feel free to suggest a new setup. THANKS

POSSIBLE SETUP 1

BLADE - BUTTERFLY DIODE
FH- YASAKA RAKZA 7 SOFT/YASAKA RAKZA 7
BH- BUTTERFLY TACKINESS CHOP 2

POSSIBLE SETUP 2

Blade- Butterfly diode
Fh- Butterfly tenerogy 05 / tenergy 05 fx

Backhand- victas vs 401 or victas v15

Possible setup 3

BLADE- VICTAS KOJI MATSUSHITA DEF +
FH - victas vs 401 or victas v15
BH - XIOM VEGA EURO

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST A NEW SETUP IF APPLICABLE

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2023, 08:17 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Have you tried using your current setup and change the play style?

Try using the rubbers on the other side too maybe you like it one way more than the other for the new play style.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2023, 22:07 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
If you are a low to Intermediate level player looking to develop a chopping game with inverted rubbers I would advise you to stay away from Tenergy. Chopping with Tenergy is very difficult due to its high spin sensitivity and trampoline effect.

Instead I would recommend a thin inverted chopping rubber like Victas 401 in 1.5mm or even possibly Sauer and Troger Secret Flow in 1.0mm or 1.5mm. Another alternative would be Spinlord Marder in 1.0mm, 1.2mm or 1.5mm

If you really want to play modern defense / chopping game then pimples is the way forward. A very easy to play long pimple for beginners is Sauer and Troger Easy P. Chopping with pimples is significantly easier then chopping with inverted due to lower spin sensitivity

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2023, 00:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
Backhand long pips with sponge. Any of the FH choices is fine. Those blades would be fine as well.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2023, 03:01 

Thank you all for sharing your valuable opinions and expertise. am actually looking forward to switch and start playing with long pimples now .Considering the popular long pips options available in India, what among these 3 rubbers would serve as a good initial learning curve for me
1.Tibhar grass D techs
2 Fient long 2
3Fient long 3

Also just want to know your opinion very specifically about, will any of these 3 above mentioned rubbers work well with my existing Butterfly Peter korbel blade.if so please specify thickness as well ..considering that I am about to start playing for the first time with long pips .
For forehand I am considering something like Rakza 7 or well butterfly tackinss chop 2 or dhs hurricane 3/ Neo

Please advise

Thanks

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2023, 17:40 

Blade: Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Tackiness Chop II
Hi Ravi,

how is your current development? I might say that I've been in your shoes. Having to convert to long pimples needed a huge commitment from my side. I did finally order the butterfly tackiness chop (bh) but have not tried it yet. What helped me was that I tried using other players blades and tried out the feel of long pimples. At the end, I was reluctant to convert hence here I am trying to be a double inverted chopper like Satoshi Aida.