OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 22:44 
The Twiddler

Out of the two, I think my natural game suits the Violin. This is purely because I need the slightly better control, a slightly harder blade (for my pip reversal) and a higher throw (for my loops).

Both of these however are beautifully made blades and I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for an all-wood, natural feeling blade :)

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2009, 08:45 
Super Looper
Super Looper

ChrisBuer wrote:
I know this is quite an old post but I just thought I'd add my thoughts.

I've been playing with the Violin all summer and I find it to be a very good blade indeed. Great to loop with, easy to control blocks and it has a very distinctive feel to it. In fact I'd say that to date, it's the best blade that I've played with!

However I've not been getting on very well with my hitting on the backhand with Bomb Talent OX. It's hard to pick up the ball when they are played slowly with little spin, so my father had an Acoustic blade lying around with a sponged version of Bomb Talent on it.

Anyway, the forehand rubbers are identical (I play with Roxon 450) and I have to say that I found the Acoustic much nicer to hit with. In fact although it was a little bit quicker than my Violin, I could actually place the ball on the table a lot easier. I still need to work on my loops because the throw is a little different, but overall I found the Acoustic an exceptionally nice blade to play with.

So my comments on the two would be, if you want to hit the ball with more power but just as much (if not more control), then go for the Acoustic. If however you want to play closer to the table, I would probably go for the Violin.

I would say Chris that the diference is in feel acustic has medium feel to it and its more easyer to loop and topspin compared to violin that has harder feel and like you I do prefer acustic than violin bad thing is I got rid of acustic and left violin he he wrong move

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010, 18:01 

purger wrote:
ChrisBuer wrote:

I've been playing with the Violin all summer and I find it to be a very good blade indeed. Great to loop with, easy to control blocks and it has a very distinctive feel to it. In fact I'd say that to date, it's the best blade that I've played with!

However I've not been getting on very well with my hitting on the backhand with Bomb Talent OX. It's hard to pick up the ball when they are played slowly with little spin, so my father had an Acoustic blade lying around with a sponged version of Bomb Talent on it.

Anyway, the forehand rubbers are identical (I play with Roxon 450) and I have to say that I found the Acoustic much nicer to hit with. In fact although it was a little bit quicker than my Violin, I could actually place the ball on the table a lot easier. I still need to work on my loops because the throw is a little different, but overall I found the Acoustic an exceptionally nice blade to play with.

So my comments on the two would be, if you want to hit the ball with more power but just as much (if not more control), then go for the Acoustic. If however you want to play closer to the table, I would probably go for the Violin.

I would say Chris that the diference is in feel acustic has medium feel to it and its more easyer to loop and topspin compared to violin that has harder feel and like you I do prefer acustic than violin bad thing is I got rid of acustic and left violin he he wrong move

Hello purger, new user here.

My english is not quite good.But i understand maybe what has been discussed by read it slowly. My blade Nittaku Violin FL, sometimes not easy to handle well compare to my balsacarbo X5 butterfly.I like to ask u about gears that u hd mentioned it before..sometimes i become terrible to handle it well in plays for maybe caused technically i was incorrect. Base on it handle quite small and long (actually it was normal same as other blades..maybe because the handle so small). Confirmed! very easy to loops, FH attacks very good. FH attacks after a while then feel terrible for BH in between the FH attack numbers.Means FH,FH,FH,BH,FH (If u do understand,i hope u understand). I hd reduced BH weight by using 1.5mm rubber..ya..it is working good but not my best in plays.For me..just to ask others here..what is the best way i should practise myself wd dis my loving blade.Someone can advice me? Hw about u purger? Thanks!

Blade: Nittaku Violin
FH: Xiom Vega Asia 2.0
BH: Xiom Yanus DF 1.5

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 20:32 
Super Looper
Super Looper

nafixiom wrote:
purger wrote:
ChrisBuer wrote:

Hello purger, new user here.

My english is not quite good.But i understand maybe what has been discussed by read it slowly. My blade Nittaku Violin FL, sometimes not easy to handle well compare to my balsacarbo X5 butterfly.I like to ask u about gears that u hd mentioned it before..sometimes i become terrible to handle it well in plays for maybe caused technically i was incorrect. Base on it handle quite small and long (actually it was normal same as other blades..maybe because the handle so small). Confirmed! very easy to loops, FH attacks very good. FH attacks after a while then feel terrible for BH in between the FH attack numbers.Means FH,FH,FH,BH,FH (If u do understand,i hope u understand). I hd reduced BH weight by using 1.5mm rubber..ya..it is working good but not my best in plays.For me..just to ask others here..what is the best way i should practise myself wd dis my loving blade.Someone can advice me? Hw about u purger? Thanks!

Blade: Nittaku Violin
FH: Xiom Vega Asia 2.0
BH: Xiom Yanus DF 1.5

Hi ,

Well it has been a while since I try to play with Violin and for me it was big handle issue as its really thin. Another issue was that blade is way to hard for my topspin game. I play smoved rubbers both side loop/topspin style and not sure what to suggest for your defense on backhand. Maybe you should try with more of a medium feel blade than hard blade like Violin. Funny I still got my violin tho lol

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 14:49 

i agree with u.It is tho ! Sometimes it is subject to my stamina & mood on that day.I always do some experiments to the blade (such as use different rubbers/ reduce it weight) & always to myself (of course should be the 1st!).Normally, i cannot maintain play/training well with it in one whole week.Several days will be stupid days.My graft of playing sometime quite horrible compare it by practise wd other blades b4.But anyway i am happy & thanks for ur immediate reply. Ur opinion may help me in the future. I like it hard feeling of wood but i dont like the handle.My wrist didnt work better.Alryte!

Blade used before: Advantage 1) control
2) easy to close the blade
disadvantage 1) slower
2) bad soft feeling

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2010, 14:56 
Super Looper
Super Looper

nafixiom wrote:
i agree with u.It is tho ! Sometimes it is subject to my stamina & mood on that day.I always do some experiments to the blade (such as use different rubbers/ reduce it weight) & always to myself (of course should be the 1st!).Normally, i cannot maintain play/training well with it in one whole week.Several days will be stupid days.My graft of playing sometime quite horrible compare it by practise wd other blades b4.But anyway i am happy & thanks for ur immediate reply. Ur opinion may help me in the future. I like it hard feeling of wood but i dont like the handle.My wrist didnt work better.Alryte!

Blade used before: Advantage 1) control
2) easy to close the blade
disadvantage 1) slower
2) bad soft feeling

My advice is to try to stick with one set up and play with that for 3-4 months.Let your hand get used to it.To many changes wont do anything good to improve your game.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 23:32 
Cho Tokusen

I tried Violin and Acoustic, both with JO Silver, and I find that Violin is faster (or is it bouncier?) than Acoustic. I wonder if there is anybody else that has the same opinion.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2010, 15:16 
Super Looper
Super Looper

aeoliah wrote:
I tried Violin and Acoustic, both with JO Silver, and I find that Violin is faster (or is it bouncier?) than Acoustic. I wonder if there is anybody else that has the same opinion.

I found that to. But I think its only cos violin is harder so ball rebounds quicker of the blade .

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:48 

Blade: STIGA ALLROUND CR ST
FH: Boosted H3 National Blue
BH: Boosted H3 PRO Nittaku
Silver wrote:
Yes, I vastly preferred the acoustic to the Violin as well. IMO the Violin's touch is slightly better though ...

Hey Silver, aside from the slightly better touch of the Violin, what characteristics made you vastly prefer the acoustic to the Violin? I'm curious to know your thoughts as I've played with a violin for a few months and absolutely loved the feeling and control it offered. Since curiosity got the best of me i'm eagerly awaiting an acoustic to try and see if i like it better. I mainly play close to mid distance from table and am recently learning how to counterloop quite aways from the table. I've read so many mixed reviews on the two regarding dwell time, hardness, touch, feel, spin, etc. that the only way to know which I prefer was to get both and sell the one i don't. Till then, I can only speak of the violin which literally disappeared into my hand, it was that comfortable and the control is excellent. I'm just soo curious to try the acoustic but cannot justify keeping both due to high price and I bought both new, so one will definitely be up for grabs.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 12:51 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Uh
I think at the time I felt the acoustic was more springy and the violin was harder, and deader

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 10:17 

Blade: STIGA ALLROUND CR ST
FH: Boosted H3 National Blue
BH: Boosted H3 PRO Nittaku
Silver wrote:
Uh
I think at the time I felt the acoustic was more springy and the violin was harder, and deader

what (chinese) fh rubber would you recommend for the acoustic. Mainly for looping and improving technique. Not really a fan of tensor (tenergy) rubbers right now. Any cheaper alternatives to H3? all versions. I mean I very much like H3 NEo, national and provincial but i'm sure there are similar alternatives with just as good characteristics at a 1/4 of the price. I see you have "cheap" chinese rubber on your FH. Do you boost? Thanks again.

M

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2018, 10:37 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I've used most chinese rubbers on the acoustic boosted, glued and unboosted. I haven't boosted H3 nat before though, the last time I used it would have been glued.

There are quite a few alternatives to H3 - it's a reasonably high throw medium-sticky rubber - and given that H3 neo really isnt that expensive I'm not sure if its worth opting for something different. If you need to, maybe 999? You'd probably need to boost 999 though. I haven't tried any of the newer versions of 729 - the older versions were a lot stickier than H3. Whale was sort of similar, but faster. Not sure if that is still around.

I'm using H8 right now - bit ho-hum about it. It's a bit like H2 low throw but without the off the table kick which made H2 so dangerous. I actually think H3 is a better choice than H8.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2022, 02:41 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Rakza 7 2.0
BH: Rakza 7 1.8
It's a very old thread, but I'll share my feelings since I have both blades and was struck by how different they were when I played with them recently in the same session.

My opinion may differ, but take the rubber and the weight into consideration and you will get the idea.

I have a 89g Violin/Fastarc G-1 and 79g Acoustic/Rakza 7. The bats are 189g and 179g accordingly.

Violin/G-1 feels harder, faster, with less dwell time, higher throw, lower arc but more spin (if that makes sense). It feels much more direct.

Acoustic/Rakza 7 has much lower throw angle with much longer dwell time. It is softer, needs more effort to generate speed, but has much more margin for error.

Violin/G-1 feels like a more aggressive offensive bat even though the blade is deemed All+ and should be slower than the Acoustic. Ac./R7, on contrary, feels like an all-round blade and more friendly, very easy to play with overall.

Ac./R7 subjectively has more gears, as V/G-1 feels almost always fast when directly compared.

Strangely I didn't feel that Acoustic was any stiffer, probably due to the nature of G-1 topsheet. Also, Acoustic feels more head-heavy despite being 10g lighter.

I had a feeling these blades were begging me to swap rubbers. Having said so both combos work well, just VERY different.

So the rubbers and the weight play a significant role when comparing these two.