OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Barricade Blade Review
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 07:26 

For my close to the table game I tried the Dr Neubauer Barricade blade and noted the following.
1) The blade was 5-10% faster than my spare Tibhar defence plus blade on a straight bounce test on the bare wood. This also made it faster than my existing TTmaster sensitive defence blade which was much the same as the Tibhar.
2) In two practise sessions at my club the extra speed from the Barricade was confirmed when I was finding it difficult to keep the ball on the table against a topspin ball when passive blocking.
3) The bat performed well when pushing and I could also hit my usual rare forehand shot. The bat was well made and felt comfortable but I felt it was more suited for a chopping game.
4) With more practise I was improving my touch but it did not offer any plus points for my style of play.
F/H Juic 999 defence 1mm
B/H Insider Red ox.
Blade TTmaster sensitive defence.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2009, 02:54 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Thanks for the review. This is a blade deffinately only for chopping.

Nice complex, oversized blade. For balsa its soft (thin).

It was too slow for me in the end and I thought (just my opinion) that it was too soft for good reversal (pips).

I would guess that TTmaster, or willow blades would be the preference for a predominant chopper.

I prefer the Medusa by some margin, but thats more like FW+.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2009, 15:02 
Super User

interesting and informative review! strange that the barricade was faster than defence plus. i always thought of the barricade as dead slow with its super light weight.

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2009, 15:34 
Pimple Popper
Pimple Popper

the half of my bat that is barricade is the slowest i've used with my long pips.

i find because of using P1-R and the slowness of it, the loop i can get from my BH with this one is slow, spinny and deadly.

i've also never had better touch.

"slappy slappy slappity slap"

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2009, 16:05 
Super User

seems like my game gets more defensive every time i play, so might have to try the barricade out sometime!

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2009, 17:23 

You are correct regarding the weight of the Barricade blade which is around 55g. The Tibhar defence plus is 70g approx and my current TTmaster blade which mynamenotbob suggested is also 55g approx. The TTmaster blade for me is the best sofar as I feel it provides a bit more spin reversal and makes my fast pushes more effective.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2018, 20:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
played a match last night.an older guy had 2 barricade defence blades.one was an old type with a nice cork handle.he said this was slower than the new one.he had anti on both.the blade didnt seem that slow and my defplay was slower.he had cut both blades down in size.
i prefer the feel of my defplay.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2018, 22:02 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Your cut down Defplay is a 5 ply all wood bkade weighing around 80gm whilst a cut down Barricade is a thin blade blade weighing little more than 50gm so yes they will feel and play very different..

The Barricade as far as I am aware, having looked at one a couple of months back, still has Cork handle, so perhaps his newer blade was a different one.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2018, 22:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

the old barricade defence had a darkish brown cork handle and felt nice.the new one had a lighter handle(may have been cork)just didnt feel right in the hand.the blade is certainly worth a try if you can get a cheap one from e bay.it wasnt bad at all but my trusty defplay is difficult to beat.dr n kung fu is also nice but i keep selling on if it doesnt beat my defplay.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2018, 02:12 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
The new Dr Neubaer Bloodhound combination blade sound interesting for those who play modern defence style with standard size/ cut down blades. Same size as the Phenomenon but a bit slower and thinner plus carbon layers. I tried the Phenomenon and it had a lot of control in placement but lacked feel and spin so hopefully the Bloodhound will be an improvement.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2018, 22:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

got one from e bay for £20 including postage.