OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Galaxy N-11
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 13:42 

I'm glad I got the old version. Tested it as soon as I returned in the province and glad to report it played fine.

YINHE N-11 80g
DGS TG3 Neo 2.2mm - Forehand
Globe 979 06.mm LP -Backhand

LOOPING - Here's an interesting point. The reason I went to SP in the forehand is because I'm not confident in the way I loop. It maybe because I don't have a formal training at all or I may have been made to just hit. My looping style is rudimentary, to say the least. But - it seems the N-11 is a blade that actually facilitates a stroke. It seem I've taken the looping stroke suddenly it's like magic! Light to moderately heavy backspins that aren't pointed to my backhand LP (easy) I can now loop back with confidence using my forehand. Or maybe I got better timing this time. Either way, this is good enough reason to try inverted in my forehand again.

HITS AND DRIVES - Since I've been driving and hitting with SP for the last couple of months, I've learned a lot with this stroke. N-11 does these strokes well, as iskandar pointed out. I love the sound; the crisp sound alone tells you you've done your hit/drive right. This is faster than the DHS 1030W that is marked OFFENSIVE.

CHOPS - Close to table and about 2m from table. Good for me(newbie chopper). Good backspin created. Good in my level. I haven't played with the highschoolers yet. They are better than us :lol: :lol: :lol: I can also do a NASTY hit with the LP.
As of the moment, they are on training in our office's facility, right here near my room. I just have to resist the temptation of going there and watch because I still have lots of work to do. And of course, I just have to write this little so called review :lol:

This is a good blade for intermediate beginners, right before buying their first carbon blade.

Thank you to you brother iskandar, the great tester of all things for people on the budget. :lol: :lol:

Jordan

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 13:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'll have to say I can't chop with the N11 (I do use inverted, max sponge on both sides), though pushing isn't a problem. The M8, no problems chopping IF I am in position, have time and am not faced with very heavy topspin. Haven't tried the N11 with long pips or thin sponge inverted.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 14:43 

Is that the Sanwei M8? My most feared opponent here in the office has that blade with 729 faster and lightening rubbers (that I bought myself, for him). His loops are super spinny and fast! All I manage is a weak block that he'll attack again. Good thing is , like me, he still doesn't have the consistency to attack multiple times. He is a natural counterattacker; if I attack, he'll attack my hits/loops with more speed and spin. But when I do light and weak moves, he will mirror it. :lol: :lol: The blade/rubber combination feels hard, in my opinion.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 15:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yup, the Sanwei M8. It's slower and, I think, softer than the N11. Very nice for over the table play and once I got used to it, for looping.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 15:36 

I currently use a N-11 with Tibhar ELS on the BH.

I'm able to chop with it on my BH.

I'm primarily an attacker on both wings.
But I used to chop on my BH side back in the day.
So if I'm in trouble with my footwork and trying to get to a quick shot to my BH when I'm off the table a BH chop will just happen.

I used to have a hard carbon blade and noticed that the only way to get a chop to land with that set was to have a very relaxed grip during a chop and I still do this.

So I said all that to say that I find the N-11 ok for 'emergency' chops, but I don't usually chop more than once and I use a very relaxed grip to compensate for the speed of the rubber and blade.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 16:53 

That is good news because I might go back to inverted backhand soon. I was praising SP and LP play with its less fatiguing effort, doing blocks and short strokes. But thinking it over, it seems I'm missing the reason why I took up playing TT semi seriously - that is to have some form of enjoyable exercise as I approach the 50s.

So, I might go back to full inverted soon.. My stint playing with pips out isn't a wasted undertaking at all. It made me understand how pips works. Timing also has improved a lot because SP forces you to hit early. My hitting/driving has also has progressed, so is blocking.

Edit: Yesterday after office hours, I waylaid the kid's trainer and got him to play with me for almost 2 hours. I gotta say the N-11 is worth its price and more. I am able to block and counterattack so well we both agreed there really is a marriage made in heaven between a blade and rubber. :* He knows my style well and he said my looping is getting better. He gave me pointers in LP BH play (attack underspin serves with a flick and pushblock the return. Effective!) and looping underspin. I was so happy I promised him a chinese backhand rubber of his choice when I get better enough. :lol:
And get this. He lamented about the kid's all carbon super duper fast rackets as detrimental in their proper training; further agreeing that the N-11 and similar all wood will suit them better. At least during this phase in their TT career. 2 kids have Joola carbons, 2 has ZLFs (!!). another has an Andro Ligna off+, Stiga emerald, and 2 or 3 have Gergelys. Only 1 has a fast allwood blade, the Eternity. Rubbers are a mix of Tenergy 05 and 80s, MXP, H8.

If I can only preach the virtue of all wood blades..

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2017, 07:53 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
So what's the verdict on the new N11S and how does it compare with the old N11?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2017, 11:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Seems to be about the same. The problem is the last time I checked Eacheng only had relatively heavy ones. Haven't checked for several months, though.

Iskandar