OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 06:44 

Hm ... :cry: Just felling is weird. Can't explain, sorry :(

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2011, 00:50 

what LP is best for this blade?? grass d. tech or feint long II??

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2011, 17:21 
Super User

MPS seems to have a flex. As a result of that, I find that it is good for looping; but not so good for flat hitting. I wonder that using of Short Pips might solve this problem.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2011, 04:05 

MPS arrived. tested with practice partner. OUTSTANDING!!!! perfect for the way I play. chop/loop. Smashes land every time! this was my biggest issue before. everything is twice as much control and much more threatenjng.

Update; After the initial buzz has worn off, this paddle just feels to numb for my style. It would be good for Modern defender that wants to drive loop and hit hard more than spin the ball heavily. Linear blade. Chen Weixing style comes to mind. Not at all for me I am selling on ebay.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2011, 21:45 
Super User

I attempted to test MPS again after 3 months; and found that Pogo (OX) and Hallmark Power Spin 2mm on MPS are quite effective to chop and attack. The speed generated by MPS gives trouble to opponents. One can attack with the forehand as well as with the back hand.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 02:05 

I've been on a Joo for 3yrs and love it, but I've always had this nag about this Bfy MPS blade. Up until now I've not been that bothered as I like the Joo so much, but also the cost (149Euro!) and the availabilty - not available in the UK.

However, as luck would have it I managed to buy a brand new one quite by accident, and for a fraction of the list price. I haven't been using it for long, but I'm happy enough to stick with it for now. Here are my findings vs the Joo.

Chop mid distance
More or less the same. Slightly flatter throw on the MPS.

At the table blocking
Much better than the Joo for my style. Seems to go down a gear and take the speed off without any effort. With the Joo you have to be much more precise with the angle and placement.

Loop / Hit
Hits the same. Looping was again slightly more forgiving than the Joo, with the ball sitting down at the end of the shot more. This meant that I had more loops hitting the end of the table rather than going long and just missing.

Other comment
I would say that it is slightly less potent on the serve (but that may be my technique at the moment) and about the same as the Joo on return of serve. It's definitely got more gears than the Joo, which means that you can use them to your advantage for variation. But perhaps the biggest single factor where the MPS beats the Joo is on control. I'm maybe slightly less dangerous with the MPS, but I'm also making a lot less errors, especially when under pressure. The net effect being that I've gained points with it.

On the downside I'm finding the handle a little thin, but I'll get used to that. And after all the Joo handle is probably the best shaped I've eve had, so the bar is high on that one.

There have been some comments earlier in the thread on the weight, and also it being head heavy. I'd say that it's about the same weight as the Joo, maybe a few grams heavier. The balance of weight is definitely towards the head, and I found that a little strange at first, but I soon got used to it, so it's a non issue now.

More Classic than Modern Defender

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 19:36 
Super User

Konkrete, I agree with your description of the MPS.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!