OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2007, 21:37 
I am Legend
I am Legend

DHS.

Dipper DI-02
It's very similar to a Stiga Offensive Classic. Even has the same "bong" feel.

Speed: 4

Hurricane Hao
Thin core, second ply looks like the one in the OC, coloured koto topped, it's got a nice loop feel. Slower than I expected, really a looping-only blade.

Speed: 4.9

Hurricane HWH
Very similar to the Hurricane Hao, but the top ply is Limba and the second ply is different (not sure what it is). Softer feel, slower than the HH by a bit. Handle was lousy.

Speed: 4.7

Hurricane HWL
Koto topped, Cypress 2nd ply (I think) and a thick Ayous (I think) core. One of the best 5-ply blades I've used. Softish solid feel, high ping sound (for wood), great for looping. Excellent feel over the table, possibly only second to the Acoustic. Faster than the acoustic in loops. Handle is the same as a Stiga Master flare.

Speed: 6.8

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2007, 22:39 

hey silver,

I just wanna ask a question: what kind of wood is koto? I looked up on wikipedia and it didnt come up. I'm planning to make my own blade in the future but dont know what type of wood to use.

Thnks, :D
HKdude

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2007, 02:21 
Super User

I don't know about Koto myself, but I found a nice picture of the grain: http://www.forestproducts.com.au/images/veneers/koto.jpg

I'm interested in learning about it too, as I want to find the best possible wood combo for when I eventually order a custom blade from a blademaker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 13:56 
Super User

Some time ago i played the DHS Hurricane Liu Guozheng. One of the worst blades i ever played. It felt like pressboard: lots of ugly hard vibrations, and near to no feeling. The ball didn't get any arc, it's like playing with a piece of plastic or similar.

Recently i got my hands on the DHS Hurricane King. This one is much better: very fast, bouncy, lively feeling. It makes fun even to defend with it. Eventually i found out, that i can't control it, it's too fast for me.

I changed back to the Keyshot Light. I don't want to praise it, others may do that for me. But if you have never played it, this one is certainly a must-try-out.