OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2017, 03:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Japsican wrote:
I hit with Tin Arc III a few times when I borrowed my buddies JSH. I actually didn't look at what rubber it was until after I was done playing with it. He usually plays with Tenergy 80, and that's what I thought it was. I had no idea he had switched to the Tin Arc III till after I was done. Definitely similar to Tenergy/Tensor.

He said the 35 Degree sponge (softer version) was the only one he liked, but he LOVES it. I have to say, I liked it too, but it's not much of a bargain around 40 USD.

$40 isn't much of a bargain, I agree, but Eacheng has TinArc 3 on AliExpress for $19.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHS-Tin ... 50556.html

Reading your description, maybe I should get a sheet and see for myself.. :lol: I suppose pairing it with H3 on pre-mades make sense if it's like Tenergy, the top Chinese players tend to use Tenergy on the backhand and H3 on the forehand.

TinArc 5 is $28.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHS-Tin ... 14826.html

What's so special about Gold Arc? $50!!

By the way... remember that 61 Second Kangaroo rubber we were "discussing" some time back? Apparently if you spend more than $35 on one of the Eachengs the first week of January they'll send you a free sheet of Kangaroo! :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2017, 01:46 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Been using 61 second Thunder LM, recently, a very good rubber for the plastic ball, can lift under spin for a good attacking flick close to the net and is a good v tacky spinny rubber!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2017, 08:18 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
iskandar taib wrote:
OK, so back to the original topoc. Has anyone actually found any Chinese rubbers that really are like Tensors? :lol:

Iskandar

The best budget one I've found so far is the AK47, and it is indeed very good actually. Very high tension for the price.

Last edited by dan on 15 Dec 2017, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2017, 14:56 

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DHS-GOLDARC-8-GoldArc-VIII-Ping-Pong-Pips-in-Table-Tennis-Rubber-with-Sponge/1146130_32822325109.html

What is that :p

It has good reviews on the table tennis database website

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 00:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

benc6190 wrote:

Errr, it's not exactly Chinese.... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2017, 03:23 

Oh I assumed its Chinese because it is DHS but goldarc is made in Germany hmm

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2017, 00:31 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Barfly wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Maybe it's time to break out that sheet of Rasant Turbo I bought at the WTTC... Maybe I might, too, experience this miracle of double spin serves and "high arc" loops... :lol: It's eluded me, so far.

Iskandar

Well, I am going the other way - just ordered 2 sheets of generic Dragons to finally test them out, if they can compete with my 50$ Rakza I will feel very silly :)

On topic, here are some more Chinese tensor-like contenders:

Giant Dragon Storm:

I have not tried it myself but the only Chinese and Korean rubber importer in Croatia thinks highly of this rubber and uses it personally and compares it to Xiom Omega Europe in feel.
Attachment:
Giant dragon storm.jpg

Sanwei Target National:

Another rubber I would like to try, had some great reviews and I have seen it rated as an upgrade of Big Dipper so it probably qualifies as some tensor, modern feel like hybrid
Attachment:
s-l1600.jpg

And something new I have ran into just today, more blue magic, this time from Kokutaku :lol:
Attachment:
Kokutaku blue.jpg

It is a silly compulsion but I will have to order and try every one of these rubbers and will report back if I managed to discover something special :lol:

Don’t beat yourself up it’s called EJitis, we all have it to a degree!

Well you never gave a report but I have just come across the Storm, I’d call it semi tacky/grippy, it is seriously top quality, a beautiful Intermediate rubber with green soft but springy sponge, with loads of gears and performs everything with control, And, bonus for me, it works in colder climes, and I mean cold, my match started out at 12*C the other night rising to 15, should be illegal but we are tough in Europe!

Also my Bh works well with it,

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2018, 01:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Interestingly enough - this last weekend, at Social Doubles I brought out my older blade with the Tin Arc III on it (I've been playing with MX-P for a while now, but I think it needs another shot of Bat Dope). Hadn't touched it in a while, hadn't "Bat Doped" it in months.. but I forgot how nice it was. Plenty of power and plenty of touch for the short game.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!