OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2018, 00:01 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
sderyke2002 wrote:
anand0077 wrote:
Has anybody tried this rubber on a non balsa blade please

I have YSD and YRD on an old Yasaka Falcon (5 ply old wood bat - fairly fast)

I actually like the YSD a lot. I used to play Mk V in the 1970's and hit a slow loop so I brush the ball.

I am playing with many different rubbers (so many choices today!!!!) trying to find what is best for an old man. The list includes Mk V HPS and Valmo (on a Sweden Classic) and I also have tried Rakza Xs and Rakza 7s (of those I like the X better), but I am playing them on two other fast bats (MaLin Extra Offensive and MaLin Carbon).

I actually think I like the YSD and the X because they both let me hit through the ball with more control than other rubbers.

Not sure if that tells you much but ask any question you want of me.

Did you try the YSD on your Sweden Classic? Can you talk more about that?
I’m also using a sweden Classic and basically looking between the Shining Dragon or Rakza series. I like a higher throw angle than lower, so I was leaning towards YSD but I wonder which is best for touch play receiving spinny serves etc...?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2018, 12:57 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
This is after few games i played with player ranked 2100 in us i am around 1480 and i had lost twice to him with my old blade of 729 bomb with FH 729 08 and BH of 729 faster 1. This time i had a new blade xiom zeta quad with 729 08 on fh and YSD on BH. Let me remind u he is a coach extraordinaire and has coached the US national players about 10 yrs back.The scores were as follows as in my favour 9-11,9-11,14-12,11-4,11-9 and after few weeks i defeated him again 15-13,10-12,14-12,11-8. Then i sat back and was reviewing my game on the bh how it was. My forehand was too good for him to handle.

YSD is a control monster for blocking, placement and very grippy. It is a very good rubber to initiate loops on bh chops and also for top spins its slower than rakza 7 but with more control. Its not the rubber for you if u r a bh based player as due to its high throw angle u will hit out of table a lot.I am loving it after i am done with this next to try for me is yasaka valmo.I am playing a tournament next week so will see how it fares there.